Let’s visit a $70 per person brunch restaurant

>let’s visit a $70 per person brunch restaurant
>i’ll have the pancakes

Other urls found in this thread:

dictionary.com/browse/they
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>it's neither a pan nor a cake

Name ONE place that does this.

I live in one of the most expensive places in the country and I've never heard of a $70pp brunch. Even going to Balthazar and getting two drinks isn't going to break $50pp. Even the places with unlimited alcohol don't charge this. Either you went to a fundraiser or I'm calling bullshit.

>name ONE place that does this
Did you even read the fucking post? They are talking about one of their dining companions.

Ihop?
waffle house?

how is sugar, flour, eggs, and dairy not a cake? and it's cooked in a pan.

i live in manhattan and it was a shitty tourist meme place. i suggested lafayette, and they said “oh no that menu doesn’t look good”

then they order pancakes

Are you paying for their meal? If not wgaf let them waste their money

No leavening. By that logic, sweet shortcrust pastry is a cake.

But they do?

Every pancake recipe I've seen has either used baking powder or self-rising flour. What recipe are you using that doesn't?

No way you were born here, because no native would do that.

>They
How do you know it's more than one person?

'they' is perfectly acceptable when the person's gender is unknown

There's a place that does a $20 per person brunch. All you can eat, plus omelettes made to order, topped waffles and nice deserts.

It's really not too bad on a good occasion.

Is brunch like a morning buffet?

It's a light meal between breakfast and lunch. Usually coffee and a pastry or something to that effect.

>Tfw yor not smrt

>What recipe are you using that doesn't
Probably one from a nordic country.

switzerland checking in here. paying less than 140CHF when i go out to eat would be a surprise

Pannkaka is a different thing from Pancakes, although they share a name.

Nah.

>$70 per person buffet

Link?

At that price point, it's not about getting a lot of food or even high quality food, it's about showing off that you can afford it.

I've been several times. Everything there is 3-4x more expensive than in the US. But generally your typical Swiss guy with a regular job makes a lot more than the average American, so it seems like it evens out. Except it's much more difficult to own property there.

My point was that while $70pp is not a lot of money by NYC standards for a meal out at a nice place it's a crazy amount to spend on brunch here. For dinner and drinks at a nice place it would be no big deal, but it's about twice what an upscale brunch usually costs. If OP really paid that for brunch he went to a place specifically designed to separate rich tourists from their money. Like the $12 lemonades at the Statue of Liberty.

No, it's a heavy meal that REPLACES breakfast and lunch. The prototypical brunch food is eggs Benedict. The meal is often accompanied by long drinks like mimosas or caesars.

This. It's getting a group of folks who slept late on a weekend day together to start drinking before (or right around) noon over a meal of both typical breakfast and lunch foods.

Yah.

They're just pancakes without baking powder. The cooking method is the same, the ingredients are the same, even the name is the same. They're the same shit my dude.

>$70 per person brunch restaurant
They charge a fixed price before entering? They only serve brunch? Sounds like a shit restaurant.

Nah.

Yah.

Nah.

Yah.

Nah.

Yah.

This is what I thought.

Nah.

Yah.

Nah.

Yah.

Nah.

Yah.

Nah.

Yah.

Nah.

Yah.

Nah.

Yah.

Nah.

Yah.

Nah.

Yah.

Nah.

Yah.

Nah.

Yah.

Nah.

Yah.

Nah.

Yah.

dictionary.com/browse/they

Educate yourself, dipshit.

quit it

Nah.

Nah.

Yah.

Nah.

Yah.

Nigger.
I mean nah

Yah.

Nah.

Yah.

Nigga Golden Corral does this for $8. Unless their ayce stuff is elevated , I don't see the point.