What do these taste like? Are they tasty enough to justify eating them even though they are just slugs with shells?

What do these taste like? Are they tasty enough to justify eating them even though they are just slugs with shells?

Snails themselves don't taste of much. They do, however, soak up the flavors of what you'd cook them with.

The dish you showed is indeed tasty. But then again so is anything sauteed in a bunch of herbs and butter.

butter

The taste of snail is distinctive but probably nobody’s cup of tea on their own. What makes escargot so delicious is the butter and garlic.

I had some at Joe Beef, it was dank

Did you try the beef marrow?

No. I had a steak and 10 negronis, then puked on their sidewalk

Protip just get some herb and garlic butter and drip crust bread in it. You won't even notice the snails aren't there.

That's only being a good patron.

Like chewy mussels. Slight grassy flavor.
Not unpleasant/10

Like a true gentleman

Cooked correctly, soft and delicate between scallop and lobster. It's all about the texture, they basically sponge up whatever sauce you use.

how do i learn to dine hard like you

Not him but, they usually have beef bones at a decent local grocery store that are perfect for getting some good bread and spreading the marrow on it. There are recipes online for doing it and it's not that hard to prepare. Marrow is the premium, liquid gold of fine dining. A lot of people will use it for a soup or stew but man. Just bake that in the oven for the right amount of time. It is pure ambrosia on a nice piece of French or Italian bread. You have to know the pleasure of it if you haven't already.

Cocaine, credit cards, and gin.
Also get a shitty tattoo from every city you visit, and pay the minimum on your credit card payments.

Actually skip the cocaine. I don't really do it anymore, and I still have fun. My brain is damaged though

It's really weird. I've been insanely drunk in some strange cities but I don't have any tattoos. I think they're really stupid and that seems to even hold true when I'm nearly blackout drunk.

I see them as some certain level of angst that people didn't get rid of during childhood when they were drawing on themselves.

>I think they're really stupid and that seems to even hold true when I'm nearly blackout drunk.
Your smart. I regret mine, but I regret my whole life, so it's the least of my issues.

Not to go all Tony Robbins on you, but it's never too late to stop regretting the shit you do. When I'm hungover I feel like pounding my head against the wall for stupid shit I say.

Like when I invited my girlfriend's Asian brother to a rib cookout and said "I have several racial insults for this" when he started taking pictures like a madman of what I was doing. It's like :"what?" I get super annoyed when people break out the camera for no reason and didn't know he was a photographer. Let's admit it though- Asians are fucking strange when it comes to taking pictures. Not all of them but hell it gets to some other level with them.

I was drunk and the things I want to say but usually won't come out.

>Asians are fucking strange when it comes to taking pictures
Kek, nice story. Asians and cameras are like Yogi Bear and booboo.
They are annoying and always go together

Well, I'm Native American so it already bothers me. So in that sense, they couldn't get all that mad at me. They just assumed I didn't like my picture taken since it's something they think we still give a shit about. I just can't stand the way people love taking pictures of everything now and posting it on instagram or some retarded crap. This cookout is between the people here, right? You fucking shitwit.

To add-

A Japanese Mother and Father got their kid killed by putting their kid on the top of a bull buffalo three years ago. I was devastated by that but part of me thought that it was only a matter of time. I'm very, very scared of them but I'm from here. I'm heavily against the anthropomorphization depiction of animals to kids unless they're depicted as immensely violent and dangerous.

>10 negronis
People still drink these? I've seen them on menus but never seen someone order one in the last 2 decades

>I just can't stand the way people love taking pictures of everything now and posting it on instagram or some retarded crap

I agree, can't stand that shit. People want to turn their lives into a performance. Also can't stand people who have to constantly have music playing.

You seem like a cool dude, I'd buy you a negroni.

And OP, snails are tasty, you should try them. Taste kind of like a really bland, soft shrimp. Very umami.

They are the hippest meme drink

Herbs, butter and garlic, desu.
They are pretty good, the texture of a well cooked snail is nice.

small snails are delicious. the big ones have that horrid lumpy bit.

No, they're bad. They just taste like garlic and butter, like shrimp scampi, which is fine. But when you bit into them it's lumpy and you can tell you're biting a snail.

Snails are just an excuse to use goofy, single-purpose cutlery.