Burger toppings

post the toppings you like on burgers and intelligently critique other anons' tastes in burgers

mine:

- cheese
- onions
- bacon
- lettuce

If it's a beef patty
>red onions
>lettuce or spinach
>provolone

>thin layer of mayo on bottom
>spinach is next
>hamburger patty w/cheese, prob havarti or muenster
>thin sliced red onion
>stone ground mustard
Perfect

>Kaiser roll or onion brioche bun
>Bison patty, 1/3 lbs
>thick-cut applewood/ pepper bacon
>pepperjack cheese
>crispy beer-battered onion rings
>pickled jalapenos
>habanero barbecue sauce

>habanero barbecue sauce
Mah nigga

A topping that works very well but i don't see anywhere else but Australia is Beetroot.

>fact
>hamurgers originally came from Germany

Some nice proof to back up your rebuttal there.

I have a go-to burger:
Patty
Lettuce
Tomato
Onion
Bacon
Egg
Grilled pineapple ring
BBQ and hot chilli sauce

>ketchup/mayo/yogurt sauce on the bottom.
>Lettuce or cabbage
>Patty
>Tomatoes

That's it, grilled onions/jalapenos get an honorable mention, but I can't get jalapenos readily where I live, and am often too lazy to grill some onions.

two slices of cheese singles and a shit ton of ketchiup

>maple bacon
>smoked cheese
>chipotle mayonnaise
>iceburg lettuce
Fight me

>grilled pineapple ring
excellent taste
it really brings another dimension to a good burger

okay first, the bun

butter lettuce
patty
pepperjack cheese
smoked cheddar cheese
bacon
tomatoes
onion
pickles
fresh jalapenos
amaro mustard
ketchup

Lotta black pepper on the patty, grilled over charcoal or griddled, depending on the weather. Under the burger, mayo, quick-pickled red onion, and three dill chips. Then the patty, then a healthy layer of chevre, more black pepper, and tomato jam. Kaiser rolls if they're fresh, those Publix hamburger rolls if they're not. Goat/sheep cheese is GOAT on a burger.

mayo
bbq sauce
bacon
processed cheese
crunchy onion rings

basically the bk rodeo burger.

here is the one i made 2 hours ago

BUN
the bun isnt that important to me. make it a pretzel or brioce bun. it could be a basic store brand 99c bun. idgaf. just not an onion roll, wheat or grainy shit. as long as it is soft, toasted on the inside we're off to a great start.

BEEF
1/3 pound 80/20 charred on each side but strawberry nestle quick pink in the middle. the ONLY seasoning is a punch of salt and a pinch of ground black pepper.

CHEESE
2 slices of cheddar. not American, not Swiss, those are for sandwiches or something else. the cheddar should sit atop the burger with the grill lid down for a minimum of 30 seconds. I want the cheese melted and conforming to the burger, but not running down and away from it.

SAUCES + TOPPINGS (from the bottom up)
Bottom bun, finely shredded iceberg lettuce, pickles, a few splashes of Frank's red hot, a few rings of white onion and a spiral of plochmanns mustard.
BEEF, cheese, and a full layer of fresh (not pickled) jalapeno peppers. at this point, atop the assembled burger is where it takes a turn. i sprinkle powdered carolina reaper pepper all over the burger. I dont advise this if you have a low tolerance for heat. Once i started doing this, I haven't stopped.
THEN
On top of the burger and cheese and hot stuff, we add a spiral of Heinz ketchup. round it all off with a glazing of hellman's light mayo on the top bun and suck it deep.
That's what I made every time we had a cookout the last two summers. Fuck, now I'm thinking I wanna do it today.

toasted buns, a generous beef patty, 2 slices of bacon, real cheese, lettuce, red onions, tomatoes and my secret sauce.

>cheese
>tomato
>grilled onions
>pickles
>2 parts mustard, 1 part ketchup

Ah, Heinz ketchup! It really brings the burger together!

Grilled or sauteed onions
Grilled or sauteed mushrooms
Green bell pepper
A1 sauce
American cheese or similar

Bun top
Barbeque sauce
Bacon
Burger
Blue cheese
Black treacle
Bun bottom.

Lettuce
Onion
Pepperjack or havarti (sharp cheddar and swiss obviously acceptable but I never choose them)
banana pepper
chipotle or sweet hot mustard, with grain
any bun, I'm not a hipster.