Why does Mexican Bread Suck so much?

Seriously, there is a real lack of competent bakers here, people eat shit bread every day and thus it is hard to get good bread in Mexico

>Tortillas
We are not talking about that
>Conchas
Varies a lot, some are good, some are dry
>Bolillos
Retarded shape
>Cuernos
Disappointment, when taking into account that it should be just a croissant, but they are always dense and dry
>Puerquitos
Dry and burned
>Pan de muerto
God tier, but it is not November all year round

Other urls found in this thread:

sweets.seriouseats.com/2013/12/the-food-lab-the-best-chocolate-chip-cookies.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bampo

>conchas
eat with coffee or canela
>bolillo
its literally just a bread roll
makes a good bread pudding though

You have to search for a good one. Mexican bakeries aren't like Mexican restaurants where the vast majority are decent and disgusting or amazing restaurants are in the minority.

I love this one

and this one. The pink cake and sprinkle cookie is great too :3

Fuck you

you're supposed to prepare it yourself so that you're eating it warm, it otherwise taste like stale shit. if you ever go to mexico, they've got these bakeries where you can purchase freshly baked bread unlike the "authentic" mexican stores in the US where they have a heating lap over some stale ass bread that they sell.

The cookies are godly, always fucking buttery

Isn't that just roulade though? That's European, not mex.

I'm in Indianapolis and there a tiny bakery on the East side near Pendleton Pike that sells stuff that's as good as your going to get in the Midwest without going to someplace like Chicago or WhereAmI, Michigan.

You'll only find these sort of bakeries in the big cities, unfortunately, and even then you'll sometimes find ones that are run by bakery rejects than people who respect the trade.

I know, mang, lets all eat our sugar packed wonder bread and glassy store bagels instead.

The only difference is that these were made in a cheap panderia with flys buzzing around. It reminds me of my childhood

dont post strailia' shit in a mexico thread , that is obviously fucking fairy bread

That's not fairy bread. It's cake.

I will admit, Mexico has great variety, but bakeries simply are not good. It seems like they sell the same kind of dough in different shapes, and many people seem to think of bread like that and ask for nothing more
I am mexican and I live in Guadalajara. I live downtown and so far I only know one (1) good baker, but he is specialized in european bread. Everyone else (the ones that make mexican bread) make stale and boring bread, which is ridiculous, mexican bread is so colorful and goes over the simple *loaf* that is should be a mosaic of flavours

Mexican bread is dry because they like to dip their bread into hot milk, tea, coffee. So go fucking spend the extra money on french pan or just go fucking kill yourself you fucking ingrate.

Yeah but a lot of Mexican bakeries make the bread TOO dry

because 9/10 its some fucking south american piece of shit that can't even make a simple dinner roll. What the fuck you want?

>Yeah, we just served you a lettuce and a live cow, but because in this restaurant you are supposed to make your own food

you are just fucking retarded and don't know what the fuck you are talking about. Mexican sweet breads are dry because of how the typical mexican eats pan dulce. Its not made for white people in middle class america. Its made for people that miss home. Not for a bunch of white pieces of shit like yourself looking for reasons to shit on mexican food. in before I'm not white. It not made for your chicano ass.

Im a privileged Hispanic male from the 80s, when I visited my aunts and cousins as a kid, it was something to behold to be taken to these small mexi bakeries. Most of the shit was dry, but other things were really good. These people are working with basic of the basic and can still me shit taste pretty good. Being dipped in coffee with milk is kind of whats expected.

>blaming it on south americans
Just admit it: Mexicans need to up their bread game

>tfw I am finally white
>tfw I am now american
I have had good bread before, in a town in the middle of nowhere that is the shooting rage called Sinaloa, the fresh taste never got in the way of the chocolate, so it was perfect for dipping and eating alone. Most likely the "dipping" came as a way to counteract the dryness that bad bread has, not the other way around.
In the other hand, when the bread in too dry you have to either leave it soaking for a very long time or risk chewing into a dry pocket filled with the scent of staleness.
Now, if we want to talk about the bakers themselves. They seem to be unexperienced because they make European bread just as dry, as if these people only knew how to make one thing. Which is fine if you are doing only one thing, but since they are baking other kinds of breads I am not wrong to expect them to at least try

They do with their tortillas and less with their sweet bread

I live in California and there's no shortage of good bakeries. Nothing beats some pumpkin empanada or marranitos in the morning

>pumpkin empanada
FUCK I LOVE THESE

its not my fault that those fuckers can't bake bread with correct migajon .

sinaloa is a shit hole.

>marranitos
My mother loved those, I never have eaten one. How is a (good) marranito?
>Pumkin anything
REEEE

You have to like piloncillo

But dam was that concha good

If you get a good one they have a really deep molasses/cinnamon flavor and are good with coffee. Admittedly they are more on the dryer side but not at all crumbly.

Does anyone have a good Concha recipe?

The topping is amazing but my bread always comes out super dry.

>tfw never going to get any moist concha
why live

Try croissants Alfredo's Pan de Elote, its a 10/10. Mexican bread is mostly dry and that makes it unappealing, but being dry is good to eat with a beverage like milk or coffee

conchas are suppose to be dry, dude

Probably doesn't count but chocoflan is a good dessert that's not dry

is sucursal that is in from of the Cathedral good? becuase that is the one I think I have the closest

I do not mind dryness too much, tho. I eat black bread and things like that and i do not mind them. But since pan Dulce it not as flexible as those breads it makes beverages obligatory and that can be a for of a problem sometimes, specially when you are late ant night and don't want to make chocolate. Something like a croissant you can eat almost alone, being so dry is a huge disadvantage

but having them still warm from the oven sure helps a lot

>>Pan de muerto
>God tier, but it is not November all year round

That's why moños exist

pic? I keep getting "pan de mono", while I am sure that it is UMA DELICIA It is not what I am searching for

When i was living in mexico city, i was near some good vendors. I must've been lucky.

whatever bread they use for tortas is good.

too shitpoor to use proper ingredients like butter for pastries, or let the dough condition right, or use proper flavorings. someone could make those shitty pastries really great. they are like stella doro cookies.

The one i used to go when i lived in Gdl was in Niños Heroes and Los Arcos av. I'm not sure how's cathedral's surcursal but it shouldn't be that different.

I also have the same problem with mexican bread since you can't buy that much or it will quickly get hard and dry in a day. Luckily Empanadas and rollitos de hojaldre resist a lot and you can eat them without any drink

Are they buttery? Because I have gotten croissants in a bakery next to the Expiatorio Temple, the dough itself was dry, but the filling helped it a lot. But I have never got them from there

Only the outside is buttery, and the inside is a bit dryer but generously filled. If we are talking about the same bakery, i think that one isnt alfredo's but named something like "Pan Regio".

that one
It's always filled with bees
I like that

Not related, but two squares to the right crossing diaz de leon there's a coffee shop named Amablecafe, its a comfy place i can recommend

They are also named corbatas

Thank's I will check tomorrow

Whats the one called that's like a straight piece of bread with jelly in it? I've called them fishies as a kid but have no idea why I did so.

The one that has the same shape as the elotito here?

One thing that pisses me off is when they fuck up the shape of the elotes. The ridges should be well formed and the ends need to be taperes to a point. This gives just the right of crispy bread. Also, when they fuck up the sugar filling on the inside.

Specifically where? I used to live there and the one on West Washington was bad but the one on South keystone by uindy is fire

Mexican bread, which tends to be dry, absolutely has to be paired with cafe con leche or hot frothy chocolate milk. And stuff like orejas is meant to be crumbled with curdled milk skin, which you peel off the fresh cow milk many Mexicans get daily.

>he doesn't like sopapillas

FOR SHAME

Mexico is full of bakeries and everything looks amazing and is dirt cheap, but it always tastes like shit.

Gringo flour tortillas > Mexican btw.

B8

Lol. No.

>tfw live in CA and there's 5 mexican bakeries that sell Concha
>mfw sells moist Conchas

Callate Hijo de tu puta madre
REEEEEEEEEEEEE

maybe it's just my local mexican bakeries, but all their cookies, cakes, and other pasties taste overwhelmingly of butter-flavored crisco.

please use real butter. butter isn't even expensive, the US seems to have a surplus 'cause skin milk is so popular. all that fat they take out of skim milk has to go somewhere.

where

but butter and shortening have different purposes
sweets.seriouseats.com/2013/12/the-food-lab-the-best-chocolate-chip-cookies.html

>conchas
nigga, make vertical slices and dunk that shit in some milk.
>bolillos
other than using this bread for a sandwhich, you can spread some mayo on the bolillo and put a tamale in between.

G O A T
O
A
T

>bread for a sandwhich
That's the fucking problem. Bolillos are fine, but have those phaluses on both sides that are specially hard and make it difficult to eat. Not a problem in torta ahogada, but eating them like a normal sandwich is a bit awkward, no wonder the DF uses a different kind of bread with a different shape

put some hot cheetos in that sandwich

Aguascalientes bolillo is godlike. Doubt anyone will ever try it but you'd get amoused on how good it is.

I lived in Tehuacan for a few years and the bread was great, try waking up in the actual morning because if you buy conchas at 4 pm they're going to be nasty and dry

fake news. my gf is a nortena and she doesnt know any of these

why is all the mexican bread sugary and sweet af? I was terrified as a kid back in the 90s, coming from a bread nation like switzerland.

Because the thing we use to eat other dishes with are tortillas, bread are more of a dessert

thanks for clearing that up.

Crisco is the devil and should never be used as shortening.

Crisco IS shortening. Shortening is just vegetable fat in solid form