Vanilla is the most complex flavor on Earth

>vanilla is the most complex flavor on Earth
>people use it as synonymous with "bland," "boring," or "tasteless"

>Vanilla as a flavor becomes so overused it's culturally ingrained into the minds of people as a "default", and thus boring, flavor.
>Popular flavors that fell out of popularity and use are now exotic

I like vanilla

Most people know the taste of synthetic vanillin which has more of a flat alcoholic flavor. Real vanilla has a more complex flavor profile.

Vanilla is usually synonymous with typical. I think it's because of vanilla ice cream.

just stop pairing it with too much sugar. it isnt even sweet itself. french vanilla ice cream is nicely sweet and very vanilla-ey.

Anti-white racism

Sounds just like white people

I hate vanilla

I think it's because most big brand vanilla ice creams have almost no flavor you them.
Therefore, people associate vanilla = vanilla ice cream = boring.
Real vanilla is really good though.

>taste vanilla
>its fucking boring and not complex
wow OP

>he thinks mccormick's vanilla extract is what real vanilla tastes likes
embarrassing

I don't care. I like it.

The vagaries of language user. Bland used to mean pleasant and enticing in Latin.

Vanilla extract hardly has a flavor

Why do people even use vanilla extract? You're hardly ever gonna use a lot of vanilla, so it doesn't hurt to shill out the extra cash to get the real thing.

Seek medical assistance

Is this real vanilla. Best vanilla I've tasted.

At least when referring to sex vanilla was meant as a nice way of saying "the standard" or "the usual". Like if youre throwing a party and you can only pick 1 ice cream flavor, its safest to go w vanilla

>natural and artificial flavor
Probably isn't all real vanilla.

I gotta say, this is one of the nicest worms I've ever seen. But can you swim in a worm? Can you SAIL A SHIP in a worm? Can you FLY AN AIRPLANE in a worm? The worm is impressive but it's going to take a lot more worms than that to earn my respect.

Fuck off. Vanilla is only boring in the context of ice-cream and some other desserts. No one is going to call vanilla boring when applied well to a savory dish.

Also, people are airheads. They'll call garam masala a boring "spice" despite the fact that it has more depth and complexity than 99% of spices and spice mixes.

Imo homemade vanilla icecream is the best icecream. It has an ambrosial flavor that's delicious by itself and great served alongside nearly any dessert.

Cause once you boil vanilla you gotta throw it out

Real vanilla fucking rocks. Expensive as all get out though. We use a shit ton of real vanilla extract and it's about $85 a quart. You can get away with imitation vanilla if what you're making goes over 300 degrees in the cooking process (cookies, cakes) because a lot of the complex flaviods start to cook out above about 275 degrees. But if you're making ice cream, custard, frosting etc that doesn't get heated much beyond 250 or so spend the extra money and use the real deal