Local food

Pic related.
Southwestern Nova Scotians often eat lots of smoked fish (mackeral in the pic).

Other urls found in this thread:

seriouseats.com/2016/07/whats-really-in-american-cheese.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

pickled herring

yes, also in england they have lots of smoked

More Nova Scotian foods. We call this chow chow.
Pickled onions, cucumbers, and some other things. Eat it with potatoes or a stew. Really good.

Yea. We live in a very "English" town. Lots of union jacks (without the Irish cross) . My family's been here since the 1600s and 1700s, on both sides.

>smoked mackerel

I'm from Montreal, I've tried smoked fish a couple of time, was pretty good, clearly an acquired taste as it's salty AF, but I did enjoy it.

Also, Montreal. Pic related

Some people smoke with a lot of salt (better preservation)
My great uncle salted shad, and my brother ate some a year ago. My uncle sees him and says "that's been hanging there for 3 years", and my brother claims that it was tasty.

>We call this chow chow.

Is there an issue with inbreeding in Nova Scotia or

it's the name for chayote in India, which is a common ingredient in northern chow chow, which is basically a chutney or piccalilli

Upper midwest here, we've developed a way to put the cheese INSIDE the burger. No need to thank us

BEHOLD, frozen vegetables, cans of cream of something soup, ground beef, and tater tots. Eaten in a church basement after the funeral and before you go to Paul Bunyan land in Brainerd

While the rest of the country has moved on from post-war gelatinous abominations the tradition is alive and well in the northern midwest. Jello salad is best enjoyed while listening to "Prairie Home Companion"

>"""cheese byproduct"""

TRI
I
P

that is not cheese byproduct, you are thinking of whey which is good for gainz

for real ,thats real cheese? damnn son i had didnt know liquid cheese was possible to have it be cooked/grilled while being over 80% cheese( or whatever the ratio is for standard cheeses, i forget what it is)

Refrain from any further posting until you have read this article:

seriouseats.com/2016/07/whats-really-in-american-cheese.html

Breakfast tacos are the official food of San Antonio, and that's saying something will all the obesity.

nobody cares

It originated a very long time ago among acadian French settlers.. Blame the french.

Shad is only used as bait here. And it's the worst smelling bait typically.

isn't nova scotia like three square miles? why differentiate between different areas of the province? isn't that about six feet away from being northeastern nova scotia?

t. Amerilard whitetrash who uses jarred shad sides to fish for catfish in his local mud hole

Tbf, they smell like satan's farts but do catch catfish.

>my only reason to live

minnesota was a mistake

Are those empanadas fried?

That looks good though. Must be a nice dessert. Its jello flavoured with what?

Growing up in southwestern Ontario the local food was fried yellow lake perch. When I was a kid the limit was 100 fish a day (which we had no trouble exceeding)

Torrfisk, aka "Fish Jerky".

nova scotia is still bigger than a lot of european countries

Someone else lives in Nova Scotia?

do you actually live in english town?

yeah, i'm in cape breton

shouldn't you be in the alchy thread?

I don't drink

Im from NS, half the population eh by?

noob here, why does that smoked herring not look like smoked salmon?

yeah the entirety of nova scotia must be in this thread

because that's a smoked mackerel
Also this may disqualify me as a nova scotian of fisherfolk descent but I can't fucking stand mackerel. I love a lot of fish but mackerel is just too fishy to tolerate. A mackerel fresh out of the sea, cooked not 2 hours after it's caught is going to have more of that gross off fishy taste than a week old any other fish.

i regularly clean my own mackerel and i had to learn to like it. That oily fishyness is perfect. I descend from nothing but fishermen who fucking eat the bones

Kings County here, boy.
I don't actually know what Nova Scotian food is.
I like garlic fingers and donair sauce?

I'm in Richmond county. I mainly eat fish, pasta and black tea.

Well there's maritime food in general, which is just english food with local ingredients. And there's Acadian food which is unique but there's not a lot of it, and there's donairs and brothers pepperoni.

Hants county here, a lot of Nova Scotian food seems to be fish based (or at least Maritime food is) Pretty much every restaurant at any NS tourist site specializes in fish, 9 times out of 10 they have a seafood chowder made from local fish.

same Hants County fag again, I forgot Donairs are really popular as well.

Is that a trailer-park shepherd's pie?

yeah kinda

>every now and then neighbour brings us fish he caught and had smoked or candied
Don't get as much nowadays, but damn, thank you, Craig.

Holy shit, weird. Never saw anyone from NS on here before. I'm near Bridgewater. Kind of don't like fish though, to be honest. Haddock is ok and so is lobster if its from the north shore and caught the same day

None of the scotians in here recognized Solomon Gundy?

Hormigas culonas. Roasted queen ants.

midwest master race food

one of the only native offal dishes in the US. yum yum!

made me think

Oy vey

I live around the corner from Matt's bar. Wanna be friends?

You want obesity come to corpus

Pretty much the best of Southern BBQ on one plate. Brisket beans, jalapeno & cheddar grits, jalapeno sausage, beef ribs, brisket, raw onions, pickles and a piece of Wonderbread from Micklethwait Craft Meats in Austin

>Burned meat
Enjoy your cancer, Americucks

O B S E S S E D
B
S
E
S
S
E
D

>no pork
>no slaw
>best of Southern BBQ
Texas, please.

>flyover upset about Texas BBQ
Keep covering your shoddy smoking ability with tons of sauce and shitty dry rubs.

21300 square miles actually. Though there is a lot of overlap, regional cuisine varies a lot throughout the province.

OP how long will that fish keep unrefrigerated? How long will it keep refrigerated? Do you eat it just like that as a snack?

Flyover? Really? That's your go-to? Fucking Texas is as flyover as it comes.

Statistically speaking, New York gets flown over more than Texas.

Source?