Is there ever any reason to use shitty thin bacon over nice, thicc bacon in a recipe/for breakfast/whatever...

Is there ever any reason to use shitty thin bacon over nice, thicc bacon in a recipe/for breakfast/whatever? Why even make the thin stuff?

I prefer thin bacon. when cooked perfect it almost melts in my mouth. the texture is way better than thick bacon. and thick bacon cooks unevenly, when it looks to be perfect, it's really overcooked and really tough

Thick bacon is for stews and baked beans.
Thin bacon is for brekky

thick bacon tastes like ham. might as well just get legit ham.

u need to cut up dem torreznos

>Bacon tastes like ham

Thick bacon for the simple appreciation of bacon.
Thin bacon if you're feeling stingy, want thin bacon, or want to put it on something else.

Also, thick bacon isn't as easy to cook.

>ham tastes like pork chops

or buy canned ham (like spam, for instance) for the best of both worlds

it literally tastes like exactly like bacon to me

thin bacon for certain bacon wrapped veggies and things.
>peppers
>dates
>shrimp

it just wraps nicer
if you want you can always do another lay of bacon too.

>Pork chops taste ribs

I always liked using thin bacon for sandwiches, when you cook them to the point where they're cooked but not overly crispy/brittle they settle on a sandwich really nicely.

The thin stuff has at more fat and flavour. It’s totally different stuff.

I don't really like bacon unless it's cut about 12mm or more thick. If I want thin belly ham I'll take prosciutto.

Thin bacon is just 90% fat, I don't understand how anyone can prefer it over eating actual meat

>Thin bacon is just 90% fat, I don't understand how anyone can prefer it over eating actual meat

Bongs.

?

Amerifats

Amerifats do eat ham & eggs or whatever though, it's bongs that perpetuate the bacon meme.

shitty thin bacon is usually much, much cheaper than the stuff you would bother cutting thick. healthier too, since serving sizes tend to be smaller.

>Also, thick bacon isn't as easy to cook.
not sure if i agree, thin bacon always curls up into a ball if i'm sloppy with it.

Is there any reason to eat breakfast at all?

>Thin bacon is just 90% fat
The thickness of the bacon has no bearing on how much fat it has.
You realize thin and thick sliced bacon are both the exact same thing just sliced different thicknesses, right?

An better question is: why use bacon when you can use pork belly? Bacon is pork belly that has been processed with nitrates, which are carcinogens when heated. Buy pork belly from the butchers sliced to whatever thickness you want, and avoid all of bacon's negatives.

>Cured pork tastes like other cured pork
Hmmm

fr senpai?

Plain pork belly and bacon taste very different though.

Why is thin bacon so expensive!? 4 dollars for about 8 strips?

Stop shopping at whole foods then.