German vs. French Cuisine

Discuss.

Go to Alsace and enjoy the best of both.

This guy gets it.

German "food" is hardly fit for animals let alone people, but

>French cuisine

Literally just "take a standard recipe for something but add 3 times as much butter as is called for, and voila!"

>use pork in everything vs add butter to everything
Both seem fine

>mfw

can tell this person has never had any german or french food

Came here to post this. Also, add Rhineland to that list, even though it doesn't exactly border France.

Dumbass. Stop showing people how stupid you are.

This

What is nice with French cuisine is the variety. German like cuisine in Alsace, mediterranean cuisine in the south east, butter and cream feast in Normandy, Spain like cuisine in the south west, melted cheese orgies in the mountains and a lot of unique dishes everywhere in the center. Not to mention all the creole specialities in the islands all around the world. I don't know much about German cuisine, does it change a lot depending on the region and nearby country ?

The thing that varies the most is what sausage is most popular.

You got some interesting fish dishes in the north though.

french in the warm months and german in the cold months.

This.

I checked the huge "German dishes" wiki page out and mostly saw marinated fish similar to Scandinavia, not a lot of them. Seems nice, but are there others you can think about?

German cuisine isn't necessarily bad, it's just really simple

French cuisine has basically everything, and varies widely by region

I'm learning German now, what are some essential German dishes I can try in the US?

Jew blood

There's of course sauerkraut w/mashed potatoes and kassler

And my favourite is sauerbraten w/ red cabbage and knödel

Also this

We also have this thing called panhas. It's basically fried pig blood.

I think it's disgusting, but other people seemed to like it

fpbp

My man. I hate this vs. crap, I say take the best of both.

Aww, it's like they're kissing :3

germany has some totally acceptable recipes, what is very underwhelming is the quality of produce and food in general you get in german restaurants and supermarkets.
France is heaven for food, id rather have a great croissant for 1.30€, or a great cheese than a mediocre roast pork.
t:german

you forgot potato and poverty meals in the north

I find french cuisine much diverse than german cuisine.
I've not travelled much in Germany but I've never ever heard of regional specialitites, like duck based meals in Perigord for instance. Or cheese based ones in Savoy

there are regional differences on the same level as in france, food is just not as important in germany

looks like france is fisting germany

Couscous ?

I dunno but europe is really a shitskin nest now, It's ruined and I just want to leave to a place without them

kek

>captcha : JEANNE

couscous is god tier

no it is not, you are just trying to find a good excuse to accept your fate, the fate that muslims are going to rule europe in the next 50 years and you and you childrens are going to be forced to eat couscous and halal stuff as you main meal.

It's unironically been voted as Frenchies' favourite dish for multiple years now. Can't deny the maghrebi have given us some good shit tbqh.

yeah, like... death by trucks?

>t. never eaten maghrebi cuisine
Get a load of this fag

I'm from Nice, fuck you.

There's a little place in Cherbourg beside the railway that makes god tier a couscous royale.
looks like nothing though.

Always try to make a point of visiting on my way too/from the mainland.

go back to pol you insecure fag, i dont give a fuck about how many foreigners live in my country, because im not a scared country pumpkin.Also,ironically europe is still a hundred years of immigration away from US-levels of foreigners

The French were into couscous long before the current waves of immigration from muslim countries. Don't forget Morocco was French for a while. Moroccan food has been the closest the French get to embracing spicy food for a long time. And I spent a week in Fez with only five words of Arabic, yet I was able to get by in French just fine, because it's still widely spoken there.

>Kebab vs couscous
Both are shit tier.

Why don't you go back to pol you virtue signalling twat no one cares about your opinions here or anywhere else