Ranch

There is nothing wrong with ranch dressing
>Brits smother fries in mayo
>Japanese put mayo on pizza
Yeah sorry, excuse Americans for putting seasonings and herbs in their mayo, which is what ranch is
Oh, and eating it on vegetables instead of fried potatoes or pizzas!

Ranch is fine, contrarians and former fat people disagree, maybe it wouldn't be an issue if you only ate it once in a while like a normal person

>maybe it wouldn't be an issue if you only ate it once in a while like a normal person
That's what's wrong with ranch, the people who like it. They use it like gravy.

Ranch on french fries is great and underated

t.Montanan

Ranch is only good with cheese fries, people that put ranch on salads are low iq plebs

Nothing is wrong with ranch in moderation like most dressings. That being said, keep that cum away from my buffalo-styled foods, Blue cheese is the only way to go.

>There is nothing wrong with ranch dressing

Of course there isn't anything wrong with it. There's nothing wrong with Green Goddess, Blue Cheese, or Caesar dressings for that matter.
Ranch dressing is buttermilk and herb based. Green Goddess is sour cream, anchovy, and herb based. Caesar is anchovy and garlic based.

It's a great dressing that has a bad reputation because it's overused. Same with ketchup.

>It's a great dressing that has a bad reputation because it's overused. Same with ketchup.
Neither ranch nor ketchup is really that great. What they both are is popular condiments commonly available in situations where the food is bland enough to require condiments. In some places ranch has become what ketchup was a generation or two ago. And it picked up the same stigma as a result - something people with bad taste put on bad food to try to make it taste better. That's kind of what ranch has become.

>Oh, and eating it on vegetables instead of fried potatoes or pizzas!

Americans dip their pizza in ranch.

you're thinking of the dutch/french

>he doesn't dip his garlic bread in ranch

You use ranch to contrast stuff like spicy hot wings or the salty fatty meats on a pizza though, what do you mean bland?

I don't really know why people argue about condiments so much. I think it's about the most arbitrary argument you can have. Condiments offer a variety of complimentary flavors to plenty of dishes that allow you to cater to your specific palate. Some people just don't like ketchup, some people don't like mustard, gochujang, malt vinegar, sambal, mayonaise, relish, fish sauce, aioli, soy sauce, whatever. That's fine. Sounds like a whole lotta not my problem. I like different foods with different things, there is more than one way to dress a hotdog and they can both be good. Some people use condiments in excess on many different foods. I think at that point they really just like the condiment more than most of the other stuff. If I cooked a burger and gave it to someone i'd insist they try at least a bite how I dressed it. If it doesn't have the flavors they want to enjoy, they are free to murder it with ketchup or whatever. Like I said not my problem. I'm not going to get my panties in a twist because someone else doesn't enjoy things the same way I do.

>your average sweetened garbage ranch like Hidden Valley
Worse than vomit, you are less than human to me if you intentionally put this on your food
>something decent like Litehouse or what you'd get at a pizza/fast food place
Acceptable assuming you don't smother everything you eat in it

I dunno man, I fucking hate ranch on my salad. Either Italian or just reduced balsamic for me. Ranch is good for dipping stuff in ('za, fries, wings) or sometimes as a condiment on a sammy, burger, wrap, etc., though. Either way, Hidden Valley can fuck off no matter what.

sup Veeky Forums

i have a question about horseradish. i get it in the little glass jar and it's called "horseradish cream". can i add this to a thick chicken soup that has only chicken, onions and potatoes? would it work? will I die or become sick?

also Ranch is disgusting.

No we don't. That's what the Belgians/French do.

It's salt and vinegar here for chips. Maybe some tomato sauce.

I'm no expert chef, but it doesn't sound tasty to me. If it's something you want to try, maybe put a smidge in and see if you like it. If not, no harm no foul. If so, season to taste. It's your food.

>will I die
It's processed so no.

Best recipe for homemade mayo using my food processor or handheld stick blender?

That's not a British thing, shart tard.

aight. ill divide the batch and try horseradish in one and cayenne pepper in the other. im trying to spice up lunches cause i work in the wet, the cold and the damp.

Cooking is kind of like fucking. Part of the fun is experimentation. If you like it, keep doing it. If not, don't do it again. Unlike fucking, however, write what you're doing down. I've made some really good fucking meals that I can't seem to recreate because I didn't write anything down.

>I farted out my mouth
Yeah, that's ok. I forgive you.
Any dressing or sauce doesn't = bad just because it's over represented or overused.
If people start drowning kittens in ketchup, that doesn't make ketchup bad tasting.
Just because I dip your mom's turds in ranch before I feed them to your dad, that doesn't make ranch dressing bad.

So it's actually nothing like fucking.
You are retarded to try to draw an analogy from that.

>Thinking americans only dip their pizza in ranch
We have a whole range of pizza dipping sauces. The best is the garlic, which is just garlicky oil.

... Ranch?

That's exactly it - you're using it to make salty, fatty, spicy foods bland. That's what ranch does, make everything it touches taste bland.
Ranch and ketchup are not bad because they're overused. It's the reason why they're overused that makes them bad - they're condiments used to cover up crappy food. Their popularity just shows how much crappy food people are eating. Think about it: What does ketchup actually improve? Fast food tier fries and burgers and for some a bad diner breakfast. What does ranch improve? Salads made from less than fresh vegetables, poor quality pizza and chicken wings? All crappy food. In situations where good food is being served you don't see either condiment.

We drown our chips in vinegar not mayo you tard

>the reason why they're overused that makes them bad
No.
You are mad at condiments because you don't like the people who use condiments.
In a situation where a salad is served tossed with a salad dressing, you would be fine with it -until you found out that they tossed it with *gasp* ranch dressing.
I make that dressing frequently. It's buttermilk and fresh herbs. Get over it.

>unironically enjoying the taste of buttermilk

Ranch definitely exists in Canada, but it’s nuts when crossing to the US how EVERYTHING is ranch flavour. I don’t understand how you aren’t all sick of it.

P.s. I’ve seen ranch called ‘American flavour’ in some countries.

Where do Americans get their Brit 'facts' from?

They pull them out of their fat arses.

>>Brits smother fries in mayo

No. They don't.

I thought Brits liked vinegar on fries.

Look for "prepared" horseradish. Basically the root coarsely ground. You'd probably have a better result. Also chicken and horseradish don't typically go together and horseradish is best served with beef.

Local pizza place here. We use Marzetti and Hidden Valley as our ranch sauces.

Hidden valley has a pouch of seasoning that you make your own with and has no sugar.

I have no problem with a freshly made buttermilk (or yogurt) and herb dressing on a salad. I've enjoyed lots of great salads dressed that way on trips to Germany. But that's not ranch, that's the German dressing ranch is an echo of. The same way someone's homemade ketchup might be delicious, but that's not ketchup in the form that's become ubiquitous. Ranch and ketchup are cheap mass produced condiments used on crappy food. It's not that either comes from a bad idea. It's that the form they come in is shit and the manner in which they're most commonly consumed is even shittier. And because those are the standards I'm quite comfortable avoiding both. Not because in theory either couldn't be good, but because in practice they never are.

I thought you were supposed to put a small cup of water in the microwave to stop it from dehydrating your food

Hmm, I can smell it.

>Cooking chips in the microwave
>Vinegar
>Dehydrating you food