Is sous-vide cooking a meme? Anyone do it?

Is sous-vide cooking a meme? Anyone do it?

sous vide is perfect for foods that require very very specific temperatures and in general it's not like food cooked sous-vide will end up drastically better or worse than in a more conventional method.

It's just something you generally don't need.

>for foods that require very very specific temperatures
So, all food. Got it.

Eat more plastic chemicals goy

Buy reusable silicone bags, many studies indicate that the plastic leach from silicone is much less likely to leach due to heat or acidity.

You're not using the word meme correctly, so the best way to answer your question is no.

not a meme, a very versatile and useful cooking tool if you do a lot of meats

i agree. it´s a luxury but i got mine as a present and really enjoy it. great for preparing stuff and then finishing it on the grill for example. it´s pretty nifty but you need to learn it a bit..

It's gay.

You can try it for free yourself. I did it once with rib eye steak with a usual freezer bag and manually controlling the temperature of the water. The fatty parts taste better if you do it the normal way but the lean part of the steak was really amazing.

It's great. I use it to cook steak to a precise internal temperature without ending up with a gradient, then finish in a searing hot pan to develop a crispy brown exterior. I used to use it for more, but I find that everything else can just be cooked on the stove.

Pic related, you can achieve your exact desired level of doneness from end to end. None of that "little bit of pink in the middle" crap.

It seems to be great but is pretty limited in what you can do.
Don't get me wrong, if I had the money I'd buy it but I don't do enough meat/fish in a week for this purchase to make sense to me.

It makes more sense for restaurants who can do big batches of slow-cooked stuff they can finish off in a pan when someone places an order.

>pretty limited in what you you can do

There is no limit.Thereis no limi t

If you leave meat in the bath too long it denatures the proteins in the meat. Doesn't sound too healthy to me

Anytime you cook meat or eggs with any method you're denaturing the protein. Don't let the big science word scare you.

It's "kitchen gadget that actually works" tier. Perfect-every-time singletasker for a task that Americans do daily makes it as worthwhile as a rice cooker is for Asians, and it easily pays for itself in a couple months if you start applying it to cheap shitty beef that you wouldn't even buy with just a grill and range to work with.

It's also lowkey amazing if you homebrew.

>big science
thejoke.png

Roastbeef is perfect for sous vide.

yes and its fucking awesome. I've never had anything that wasn't god tier.

It looks cool but I'm not gonna go out and buy the equipment any time soon.