Why don't Mexican buffets exist?

Why don't Mexican buffets exist?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mexican_dishes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pancho's

Because the Chinese don't want anyone else moving into their turf

There's taco tuesdays at some bars some times. its just a taco buffet.

but im guessing there's no Mexican buffet since Mexican food is supposed to be cheap, so buying a lot would basically be the same price as a buffet.

Make-your-own-burrito is basically Mexican buffet. Take all the ingredients you want and load them into one burrito. Beyond that Mexican food has no variety.

Why don't Chinese open up Mexican buffets? They already have Mexican illegals working in the back...

It is very hard to make chicken enchiladas when all you know to butcher are dogs
They should open a taco stand instead

>Beyond that Mexican food has no variety.
Maybe what crossed over, here you can even find buffets themed by state

They do but they are garbage. We have one in Seattle called la cocina that has been around forever. I'd rather eat cold refried beans out of a can.

Because all Mexican food is the same. It's just the fucking plating that's different. You can't have a buffet with 4 fucking foods on it. A Mexican buffet would literally be just a taco bar.

Seasoned meat
Tortilla
Tomato
Guac
Beans
Rice
Cheese
Lettuce
Salsa

Fold it up, it's a taco.
Wrap it up, its a taquito
Wrap it up and dump shit on it, it's an enchilada
Put a lot of it in one tortilla, it's a burrito.

All Mexican food is the same.

That's bullshit ... so tell me which cuisine you think is diverse.

Texmex =/= Mexican cuisine

I eat at the India Bistro near the Whole Foods daily on weekdays. Join me.

It's more whitewashed, but I go to El Torito's sunday brunch special.

They have a taco bar, enchiladas, chorizo con papas, sauteed plantains, menudo, ceviche, flan, beans, and a shit ton of basic tier (but not texmex) food.

I give it a 6.5 out of 10. Not amazing, but still crave it every once in a while.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mexican_dishes

A lot of them are really similar imo. That's why 'American food' sort of constitutes a number of different styles. Things like pancakes and hamburgers are quintessentially American, but they obviously have roots outside of the country.

I do think mexican food could be made into a buffet, but I don't think it would be a great buffet. For 5 dollars, you can eat a burrito from a truck that's so big you won't eat for the rest of the day. What more do you fucking need?

>I went to one in the Des Moines Iowa area once.

It was alright but not amazing.
And people made a mess out of the stuff trying to serve themselves.

I think I ate nine tamales though.
They were remarkably good.

I actually had Mexican buffet in a Montreal syrup club.

Mexicans have always given out huge portions. There was a time when Mexico was the fattest country.

sadly almost non-existent, now.

The point of a buffet is to try out many different things and eat as much as you want.

this post is so wrong I don't even know where to begin

t. Proud Resident of Flyover, USA

Because I'd load whatever up with beans and blast out their windows with my giga wind breaker attack.

t. butthurt spics. This is why we need a wall.

Not a single counter argument. The basic construct of every mexican dish is literally the same thing. Tortilla, seasoned meat, vegetables. It's literally just how you plate it that makes the difference.

There was one here once called Que Pasa, but Dinosaur BBQ bought their lease out. Sucks. I miss that place. Dinosaur BBQ isn't too bad.

This. If you have tried one mexican dish you have tried them all pretty much.

You can't counter argue with a close minded alt-right NEET who is too stupid to simply google mexican cuisine and see the incredible variety not only across regions but within regions as well.

You're right, Mexico needs a wall to keep douchebags like you, the prototypical ignorant ugly american out. Don't you have a drumpf circlejerk worship ceremony to attend today?

They do exist.

>only eat Mexican streetfood
>complain that everything has tortillas

Guess that Means everything in the US is some kind of meat, sauce and cheese with some form of bread

What kind of seasoned meat? What kind of tortilla? What kind of cheese, etc.

More pertinent question gentlemen, why are Mexicans so fucking hot?

Obviously you only eat Americanized Mexican food

/pole/

You know, that's actually a good question and I wonder why mexican buffets aren't more popular. Not even here in Mexico.
So many things could go into it
>chiles rellenos
>tamales
>gorditas
>sopes
>all types of mole
>empanadas
>pozole
>chilaquiles
>the usual picadillo/salsa verde/asado/pibil/adobada dishes you eat at home

>Beyond that Mexican food has no variety
Flyover detected

Even Veeky Forums can't keep out the /pol/acks.

Truly we are in decline.

You forgot about the rotting corn and chocolate sauce they pull out when they're feeling fancy but beyond that this is a solid description.

Gringo expectations for Mexican range from """chili powder""" ground beef (flyover) to decent dry barbecue (average) to shellfish ceviche (virtue-signaling socalite). See the idiotic poltard upthread. All protein, all the time, secondary cheese, veg or starch as small flavor enhancers.

All of these are really fucking expensive compared to the calrose>greens>leeks and broccoli>literally any pork cut of Chinese or the basmati>yam or potato>farmer's cheese>probably no meat at all of Indian.

A cuisine with cheap meat means a cuisine with prominent meat means a cuisine that's fucking expensive in regions more suited for traditional farms than ranching.

I've been to several Mexican restaurants that have lunch buffets

>gets triggered when someone says that mexican food has no variety
>immediately insults american food for lack of variety

Actually, when you put it like that it seems pretty obvious to me.

Most of those dishes are too elaborate to be successful buffet food. Chinese buffets work because you can make giant batches of noodles, rice and fried chicken quickly, dump them onto trays and replace them once they run out.

Chiles rellenos, mole, cochinita, etc. take too much time to keep up the pace, whereas gorditas, sopes and other fried corn antojitos die in seconds once they hit the counter, they need to be eaten immediately.

This is why Mexican street food works so well the way it does: people sit down on the street, have their portions cooked in front of them and eat them the second they're ready.