Thanks, Veeky Forums

Just over two years ago i posted a thread here with a picture of a sample menu from an ambitious young chef who just bought his first restaurant asking for some unbiased advice while trying to weigh the pros and cons of taking the position offered..

it meant making less money than i was making, risking being left high and dry if the restaurant failed, and taking a job that i was absolutely underqualified for.

two years later, i'm the sous chef at what is arguably the best restaurant in our non-flyover city. i was given this thank you card recently and i couldn't help but think "wow.. i almost passed on this opportunity if it wasn't for a couple based as fuck anons on Veeky Forums."

so thanks, user. you rule.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1Bix44C1EzY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I wish I could set stadards

you've absolutely set the stadard for biggest faggot

Is this the bitchy attitude you've been using in the kitchen?

Wow so personal, couldnt even bother picking up a new piece of paper when he mispelled your name

you've set the bar so high, user.. it's remarkable

nah son, he's signed my checks for two years.. he knows that being called "geoff" annoys me

Ok well good for you then you fucking cartoon giraffe. What city are you in anyway?

someplace in the PNW

I didn't know McDonald's had sous chefs.
Did you go to Hamburger U like in the other thread?

dude i hope to create a dish someday that's as perfect as a hot mcdouble dipped in sweet and sour sauce w fries smashed onto the sandwich

So basically a town that amtrak doesn't pass through. The equivalent of fly-over.

i'm not poor so i don't have to ride on a train, but there's definitely an amtrak station here

You misspelled "staderd".

Everett!

warmer..

Ewww....
Concrete?

Why is everyone being so hostile? Good on you OP, that's great to hear.

Fuck you , you turd gobbling fart knocker. Eat a butthole.

Thanks user, you too. I hope you enjoy your day.

Op is such a faggot holy shit

Bahhaaa... Amtrak doesn't pass through Concrete. Hmmm.
Mt. Vernon?

jealousy most likely

good job op

Shut up, faggot. Jeff doesn't care what you think.

Marysville?
Whatever. Sending love from B'ham.
It gets worse.

I remember that thread. Good on you, user. I'm glad it worked out for the better.

xd

I'm happy for you op well done

Is your boss gay? That's a pretty gay letter in my book. He might be coming onto you.

I bet you are in pdx

They don't even know you're name faggot

Spokane

Yeah they're so appreciative they got your name wrong and didn't even bother to start over.

quite gay but good for m8

At least post some food pics from your restaurant user

Everett resident here, where are you at faggot?

please read the rest of the thread before making dumb comments thank you

t. meme police

Thank you meme police

congrats, user!

I remember you.
youtube.com/watch?v=1Bix44C1EzY

sure thing

im in seattle

that's rad that you dudes remember that thread from two years ago.. this confirms my suspicions that there are actually only like ten people who cook that post here and they're always around

he's married with a 1 year old kid.. he's become one of my best friends and i literally compare our relationship to a boyfriend/girlfriend dynamic except we don't fuck eachother.. i'm closer with his kid than anybody aside from him and his wife. we're pretty much family at this point

thanks bros.. i really hate myself and have low self esteem despite putting on a cocky/arrogant front, so this was the nicest thing anybody's ever said to me i think

>lamb doro wat/injera crepe/whipped creme fraiche and preserved lime/apricot mostarda

butter and herb basted squab breast and leg/squab liver mousse/pickled squab heart in the haricot vert salad w an aoli and sherry vinaigrette/squab demi glace

also toasted coffee rye bread..

>steak and shit

>peanutbutter semifredo/green apple and miso sorbet/candied apple chips/fennel/peanut brittle

Le pigeon

nah

I remember you, user. I was one of the anons who told you to go for it. I'm very happy it's worked out so well for you, truly. It's always a good day when someone makes it, and loves what they do. Congrats!

>im in seattle
gimme the name of the place ill get a mate to visit

>nearly impossible to Seat

Then how do you restaurant?

Tell us the name fampai- I'll pop in!

I will go but I hate the people of Seattle. My bad attitude might put you off. Can't wait till leave this city.

I don't understand. You opened a restaurant and are now sous at another restaurant? What happened to the first?

Because no one gives a fuck about some random faggot

>boyfriend/girlfriend dynamic
>pretty much family
>Seattle
Sounds pretty gay to me bro. I'll look for your restaurant next time I'm going down Broadway, you pack of fruitcakes.

Get fucked you pretentious twat.

Dude SAME.. Im moving to jew orleans/nashville or the east coast when my lease is up in february. Paying $1800 a month for a 1 bedroom apartment in a city full of terrible people has gotten old, plus after 2.5 years its time to learn under somebody else.

Nah i was the first hire of this restaurant so i think i can say i was a big help in opening a successful restaurant

We're close, man. And yeah its definitely full homo without the gay sex

Email me, [email protected]

Veeky Forums is a pretty friendly board but its still Veeky Forums

Atlanta is also a good option for cheaper rent and a thriving industry

Ill add that i spent the first 24 years of my life in cleveland and if we could just like holocaust the current seattle populace and re-locate the kind, loyal, hard working, well mannered, non-bitchmade people from cleveland to seattle with its opportunity and well paying jobs itd solve so many problems

I can tell you personally Chicago is a good is a good place to be restaurant wise. Never a shortage of jobs and its a good middle ground between the elitism of New York and the smugness of the west coast. Not nearly as expensive to live either.

Cleveland just doesn't have the amount of skilled workers to fill a fraction of the positions in Seattle, though. Plus, the cost of living in Cleveland makes up for the lack of lucrative jobs. My sibling just bought a literal mansion there for 150k.

>expensive to live either.
Except when they fuck you up the ass with bullshit taxes

holy shit, someone from Veeky Forums that's actually cooked - that's already a miracle in and of itself

here's to you not burning out and dying

There's still plenty of time for that.

obviously my scenario couldn't happen. ideally we could just level portland and start over as well, but that won't happen anytime soon.

i pay $1750 before utilities for a 1 bedroom apartment in a nice neighborhood here. it can't be worse than that.

thanks bud, but like said, there's still plenty of time