Do ice cubes expire

?

No but they will get that nasty frost on them if you keep opening and closing the freezer

they can absorb smells from the freezer and fridge air.

Also the freezerburn/accumulated ice tastes super shitty. Id like the explanation for the freezer-burn taste.

They get real funky after a month or so, so yes

If you put them into soup, they last longer.

The insides of the ice machine and the holding tray can get mold on them if they don't get cleaned in a long time

9/10 times it's harmless but still pretty gross

Gross if you let them sit for too long. Swap them if you haven't used them up for 2 months or so.

ive used ice cubes atleast 1 year old they were fine

After I moved out of my mom's house, only one tray out of 3 was used. A few years later, the other two had all evaporated and left a chalky residue.

The residue was probably whatever dissolved minerals were is water.

Does water go stale?

My ice gets a rank sulfur smell and taste after a short period. Absolutely ruins drinks.

Clean your freezer.

Not if you don't activate them.

That's because you're a disgusting neckbeard parasite tho

the slightly melt and then refreeze constantly in the freezer so they can pick up smells, if you have any meat in the freezer the cubes will smell and taste disgusting if you leave them for too long

How do I make those clear ice cubes in my home, the ones I see in bars?

My instructor told me to use drinking water, not tap. But that's what I've been using and shit's still chalky in the centre.

Here's your reply

Boil the water for like 5 minutes, pour it in the tray hot.

ur buds r broken bro

>hot water in freeze
shit for real or you tryna fuck up my fridge?

i know putting hot things straight up messes with the temp, so i'm sorry if you feel like i aint trusting you

seriously. If you have a modern freezer, an ice tray with hot water will make no difference.

Yeah, they've got a pretty short shelf life.
I can't find a good way to prepare ice-cubes. Even when I seal them in an air-tight container, they've gone weird and runny by the time I get to work.

Ice Pubes expire, Ice cubes last for at least 6 months.