Tasty is pretty popular, so of course you hipsters pieces of shit have some bullshit excuse as to why is "shit"...

Tasty is pretty popular, so of course you hipsters pieces of shit have some bullshit excuse as to why is "shit". So let's hear it.

Never have seen it, so I have no opinion either way. But, you seem awfully hostile.

i don't know what this is or why you're mad

Don't know what that is, but I doubt it's worth getting so worked up over.

Why do you care so much about what Veeky Forums thinks? do you need validation or something?

I am clueless of what you're referring to. I hope all Tasteless fans aren't so on edge.

90% of their recipes are bland and poorly seasoned. They're probably edible but none of the ones I've seen are really worth anything as recipes.

>put whole, raw chicken breasts in the slow cooker with half a bottle of bbq sauce
>cook for 2 hours
>shred with fork and serve on tortillas with neon yellow cheese
>walla

Is pretty much what their shit amounts to.

Tasty is great for people who really don't know how to cook. It shows how easy and fun cooking can be when in reality there are a lot of people that are too intimidated to make anything. They just go eat Chipotle every day because they think that they'll burn everything or that they don't have enough time to just cook something as simple as That said, you'll never learn anything from Tasty above a certain skill level because it's always catering to that audience. You'd really have to learn a thing or two before you can make something impressive.

I'll bite
>Fast obnoxious editing with the ability to feed up anyone who does not have the attention span of a goldfish in five seconds
>Directions, Subtitles and comments somehow transmit the image of a mouth breather Californian pansexual 24 year old with a degree on Sociology
>Meme recipes. Absolutely no respect for the art or culture of food. Their constant crimes against nature are spawned from the need to stay relevant in a saturated niche. Instead of being driven by creativity of curiosity (like Ja/ck/)
>Meme Ingredients: "LOL Bacon, Cream Cheese DX!!!11"
>Raw Chicken, over cooked meat. They also trow away caramelization, juices and other useful byproducts
>It does not treat itself as entry level. Manny of its audience fails to advance and stay stuck
>Because is popular and I hate normies and how they can be happy when seeing such shit while I live miserable

> take thing
> add cheese and bacon and cheese and some sugary sauce and cheese
> a close-up of the cheese stretching
> "TASTY"

Why the fuck are you so pissed? Daddy didn't love you enough?

its alot throwing cheese and baking everything

Someone post that Reddit chili recipe. Their stuff reminds me of that the most

They sure love their BBQ sauce.

But I like the channel. It's perfect for someone on my skill level.

OP implies Veeky Forums are hostile, Veeky Forums responds with hostile defensive posts defending themselves despite Tasty getting ripped apart here since they showed up on YouTube.

Most of these are petty "but muh pure cooking" but

>They also throw away caramelization, juices, and other useful byproducts

is so fucking true. Probably the worst thing about Tasty is that it's all style over substance. Most of that stuff would probably taste better if you took the effort spent forming a decorative fucking croissant wheel and spent it on getting some actual goddamn seasoning into everything.

Also sauce on that pic, Otako never looks that fucking cute in the anime.

Her face is just two big dots, 3 half circles and a scratch. She's an emoticon with a black smudge implying hair.

> that stuff would probably taste better if you took the effort
>effort
The whole goal of that place is to keep it as simple as possible. Any half-skilled cook can improvise this stuff themselves, but I doubt half-skilled cooks are even their target audience.

Tasty is fucking gay and you should watch it because your immense faggotry suggests you'd love it.

>cheese out the wazoo

cheap and disgusting

>"HOHOHO YES."

It always surprises me how many high-class food critics and top chefs are on Veeky Forums, a board filled with mostly fast food threads.

Fucking this exactly.
I can just imagine some 20 something obese whale cooking herself a whole tube of pilsbury crescent rolls filled with cheese after watching these.

Veeky Forums is actually full of michelin starred chefs despite literally every "rate my dinner" thread being full of macaroni and sadness

Their ingredients and techniques are supposed to be clever, but are mostly just stupid. Why are you cooking that chicken three times? Why are you using pillsbury from a can as a substitute, when you can literally just buy puff pastry? Why do you keep putting things in cold oil?

My wife is a really great cook but watches these videos all the time on Facebook. I don't think she's ever actually made anything from them though. It's just relaxing video content that you don't have to think about for normie girls.

they put too much cheese in everything.

>married
>still uses the term normie

>>Meme recipes. Absolutely no respect for the art or culture of food. Their constant crimes against nature are spawned from the need to stay relevant in a saturated niche. Instead of being driven by creativity of curiosity (like Ja/ck/)
You are the kind of dipshit OP was talking about. Neck yourself.

That's not the dog's actual hand.

That sounds like what a michilin star chef would make for their own dinner.

[citation needed]

>Jack
>driven by creativity or curiosity
Nice bait. The only thing that man is driven by is Jewtube shekels and a craving for cheese fries.

i'm so smart, that i knew it was shit without ever having seen or heard about it except from the OP's posts. that's how smart i am. very, very smart.

I thought that at first but then I saw full pictures of that dog and turns out it actually is its actual hand.

>Meme recipes. Absolutely no respect for the art or culture of food. Their constant crimes against nature are spawned from the need to stay relevant in a saturated niche. Instead of being driven by creativity of curiosity (like Ja/ck/)

I bet you wonder why your life is so miserable.

Theres a few hidden gems but 90% of the recipes are chicken, pasta and tons of cheese.

>Also sauce on that pic, Otako never looks that fucking cute in the anime.
Yes she does
The only reason my life is miserable it the lack of Otako in it

The meme recipes actually look like they taste good at least. It's when they try to make legitimate recipes that they fail.
I seem to recall a chicken and pasta dish where they cook the chicken, cut it up, then cook it again, then throw the whole thing in the oven after they assemble it.
I can only imagine how dry that chicken must've been, it was breast meat too.

Take 4 processed ingredients, like sausage, Pillsbury rolls, cheese, and bbq sauce, all of which have at least double the salt you need per calorie, then they add a huge pile of salt to anything that will needs to be mixed. This is because "you have to add salt to things you cook like real chefs do" with no regard to whether it's necessary. In the end you get food with Gordon Ramsay levels of salt that no one would enjoy, but since it's marketed towards simpletons who's thoughts never make it past "oooh bright colors on social media" everyone will end of making terrible food if they copy the recipes.

This is just the salt problem, I'm sure there are plenty of other reasons to dislike them.

They are the 2017 internet version of the 1950's women's magazine recipes which ushered in the dark ages of 'murrican cooking we're still trying to struggle out from under.

My housemate, who knows he's shit at cooking, usually cooks using these recipes and i will say they get you about 75% of the way to a good dish and that's sometimes good enough if you're just looking for sustenance, but the problem with Tasty and most recipes in general is that they don't tell you WHY you're doing what they say. If you just blindly follow instructions, you end up with a half decent product but no deeper understanding of the techniques and the reasons behind the techniques which you could then use in the future to tailor dishes to your own style or perhaps come up with something original. Unfortunately for most, just superficial sustenance is all they want from food and that's what Tasty is good for. Beginners who want to expand their skill-set through recipe videos should at least watch something where the cook talks you through the preparation, gives you reasons and alternatives instead of just a checklist that, if you don't know any better, most will take as gospel.
Fuck me, that was some pretentious waffle...

>meme recipes
>meme ingredients

Yeah, kill yourself please