Millennials are killing the mayonnaise industry

Explain this? Why aren't you putting mayo on your sandwiches like your parents once did?

Because hellman's fucking sucks, it takes three seconds to make my own, and miracle whip is better on sandwiches.

can you pass the grey poupon?

That's a weird way of describing corporations failing to adapt to the market, OP.

also I make my own

I don't know

This, why the fuck do people talk about millennials killing anything? If your product or idea doesn't last it's because it failed to do what it was supposed to do, sell. We are the market forces - not the servants of the market, we are the goddamn market. Businesses are meant to cater to US

>Miracle whip
>Good

That sweet ass fucking marshmallow fluff "mayonnaise"? Good?

lmao ur thnkin of cool hwip

Millennials don't eat sandwiches, they eat wraps

Hellmann's does a really shitty job of resembling actual mayo, and if I can't make it for some reason I keep a jar of miracle whip handy, which isn't mayo but certainly a step in the right direction from that other shite. It's technically a 'dressing' but who cares. Those are the only two mayo products my bullshit flyover town offers.

no they eat avocado on toast

>This, why the fuck do people talk about millennials killing anything?

Because as usual, Boomers have to appoint blame, and it must be everybody but themselves.

>Miracle Whip is more like Mayonnaise than Hellmans Mayonnaise

Are you serious right now? I can't tell any more if people are being retarded on purpose.

People keep memeing about this but I've literally never seen one IRL or talked to anyone who had it themselves. I kind of want to try it but I can't be assed to make anything that requires cutting.

>memeing
Retard
Retard
Retard

mayonnaise is disgusting

>tfw I was making this years ago now people think I'm just being trendy
It's literally a god tier snack.

I remember when i was a kid i thought mayo was good. A lot of fast food places put it in their hamburgers. Mcdonalds, carls jr, burger king. My hamburgers would always have mayo. But then i got a little older and learned that mayo is just eggs and oil and was fucking disgusted by that. Never had it again

>american "mayonnaise"

Mayo is cream

Gow the fuck would eggs and oil make mayo?

shit bait

You have zero reading comprehension.

try it yourself, it's very easy to make at home
mayo is literally eggs, oil and flavourings
not that there's anything wrong with that

Ever beat an egg, jack? It turnes yellow

Eggs are clear and yellow

Oil is yellow

How the fuck does eggs and oil make WHITE cream

>woke.jpg

because you're eating shitty processed mayo you lowlife

All food is processed

No

u wot m7?

Based autistic lolbertarian poster

Because I was traumatized by the scene in Undercover Brother

Are there non autistic libertarians? If anything libertarianism is to asperger's (glad they did away with that) as ancap is to severe autism.

>tfw an excuse to redpill Veeky Forums
Less white people this generation OP. And we all know how white people love mayo. Ze Juden is to blame, they own most/all the media and constantly push anti White/European propaganda 24/7.

By definition: if you perform any action to prepare your food then you've created food that has been processed; processed food.

What? I fucking love mayo.

Brooklyn here. Theres a straight up mayonnaise store here. You can go fuck yourselfs

top zozzle m8

Millenials don't eat sandwiches
We exist exclusively on a diet of avocado toast and lettuce wraps

Dukes mayo is best mayo.

>black pepper turkey
>Tomatoes (seasoned with s&p)
>lettuce
>swiss cheese
>mayo

nothing better.

Killing the mayonnaise industry?! A better question is why was mayo on sandwiches such a thing back in the day? I think it was a hangover from the salad craze of the early 20th Century. It's about time this shit died out.

don't forget the onions

No he's thinking of marshmallow fluff. But either way, miracle whip sucks and your spelling is ugly.

ur ugly

>miracle whip

You piece of trash, get out.

>miracle whip
More like you should get whipped for having such shit taste

Anyone who prefers miracle whip (aka sugary semen) to even Hellmanns is pants on head retarded, and disgusting to boot.
Hellmanns may not be the best jarred mayo, but at least it's actual mayonnaise, not sweet "dressing" that isn't even close to mayonnaise.

I don't like mayo, therefore I never buy it. I put mustard on my sandwiches because I lke mustard and I don't like mayo.

I agree that Hellman's mayo is better than Miracle Whip, but both are shit products. Which is fine if you're using them with other shit products, like turkey lunchmeat, crappy sliced bread from a plastic bag and whatnot else to make yourself a pathetic sandwich for lunch. But that's shitty eating. Jarred mayo really doesn't have a place in good eating.

From the whipping, dumbass. Homemade mayonnaise has a faint yellow tone to it, commercial mayonnaise has less of a yellow tone because it probably has a lower yolk ratio and it's made using industrial equipment that makes enormous batches at a time. No commercial mayonnaise is actually "white".

You are an idiot. Go educate yourself and stop making stupid speculations like it's fact.

Hardly speculation. The biggest craze in the early 20th Century America was salads. Sure, at the turn of the century both hot dogs and chili were huge things, and by the mid teens French bread sandwiches (Soon to become subs, hoagies, grinders, whatever) started to appear. But the biggest change on the American table was the salad. Salads were seen as modern and classy, and began to replace soup as the first course in banquets and formal meals, especially after the Depression when soup picked up the connotation of poverty food. Part of what drove the salad crase was the availability of jarred mayo, as many salad dressings at the time were mayo based. This was the time of the Waldorf salad, Thousand Island dressing and later the wedge. Canned fish or boiled eggs could be turned into a salad with a little mayo and whatever else added to it. Mayo and various boiled dressings had been around for a while, but the availability of jarred mayo all kinds of things could become salads. The Busy Woman's Cookbook (1925) suggests a salad of canned green beans and mayo. It was definitely a thing back then.

The speculation that it's a hangover from that is where you are so fucking wrong. But, it's good to see you can use Wikipedia.

I've been eating avocado on toast for 16 years

Interesting.

Like The Oatmeal once said: miracle whip tastes like goblin cum.

Because I live and eat healthy?

I actually grabbed a couple books from my shelf. My point is that mayo being a ubiquitous thing in America is a 20th Century thing. Same is true for salads and sandwiches.

I consume absurd amounts of mayo

>miracle whip is better on sandwiches
Get out

Now you're moving your goalposts. You said something stupid, and can't stop trying to justify it. >grabbed a couple books from my shelf
>tips fedora

I don't like the texture.

I didn't say anything stupid. You thought something I said was stupid. I disagree with you. Sandwiches necame a big thing in the US with the advent of pre-sliced bread. Which happened after the mayo based salad craze. Before that mayo on sandwiches wasn't a common thing. Hell, sandwiches weren't all that common in America. My point is the whole mayo thing is a 20th Century trend, and not a very good one, so it's nice to think it may be dying out.

my nigger. make sure you get the light kind tho for that special fluffy taste and so you don't get fat

To be fair they squirm at the sight of tomatoes too, so that leaves out the BLT.

Sandwiches became popular food in America in the 1830s. Mayonnaise was used on all kinds of dishes before sandwiches and salads. Mayonnaise isn't a trend, it's a classical sauce. Now fuck off, dumbass.

>Sandwiches became popular food in America in the 1830s.
In sandwich shops. People didn't really start making them at home until pre-sliced bread became a thing.
>Mayonnaise isn't a trend, it's a classical sauce.
Jarred mayo is the trend. That's what allowed mayo use to become an everyday thing in America. And that's a shit trend.

How is jarred mayo different than fresh in any way

They don't add preservatives..

You've never had fresh I see,

Keep moving those goals, buddy. Instead of trying to rewrite history to suit your opinion, why don't you just own your opinion on commercial mayonnaise and quit acting like a pompous twat? What are you afraid of?

The consistency is the main difference, but even that is negligible depending on what brand you buy.
People just like to act like insufferable assholes.
I make my own mayonnaise, but I also keep a jar of mayo in the pantry in case I don't/can't make my own for some reason. Just buy a good brand, and stay away from brands that add sugar. Make sure you read the ingredients.

but of course

Also cause the eggs they use are shit, the shittier the egg the paler the yolk.

Mayo is gross

Bong here. Is miracle whip like salad cream?

Miracle whip is to mayo, as salad cream is to actual salad dressing.

So yes, basically.

I like this with a fried egg on top for breakfast

Ironic since Jewish bread is basically the same as tortilla.

Did you just learn that phrase goalpost moving or something

>why don't you just own your opinion on commercial mayonnaise
I do. There's no equal between something made from olive oil, an egg yolk,fresh lemon juice and maybe some Dijon mustard and a product made out of soybean oil and lemon juice concentrate. Sure, they'll taste the same.

You dumbass, you can buy commercial mayonnaise made from those exact ingredients. You're just a self-important faggot.

No, you're just a great example of it.

aioli is fun to make from scratch, and way better for you

you couldve bought at least two houses with that!

>eating the soy, egg, and oil jew
for what purpose?

People just need to start eating corn the right way

With mayo and queso fresco

i do, though i use 'just' mayo. tastes good, though i mainly just don't want the extra cholesterol.

That's what's in OP pic. But wwhy should I buy mayo at all. There's nothing I beed it for.

Mayo salvages sandwiches with dry or shitty bread. People have better access to bread, so mayo is not so necessary.

500 calories of fat and carbs, part of a balanced breakfast!

500 calories is perfectly reasonable for a breakfast, and both fat and carbs can be good for you as long as you don't overdo it

hellmanss, like hersheys, it may not be the best but its what I ate growing up and so nothing will ever hit the spot quite like it

i am

corn doens't need anything

>mayo on fries
i never saw this abomination until i went to college.. disgusting

the odor makes we want to vomit

maybe a bit of butter and fresh cracked pepper

i'd never heard of this until i saw pulp fiction

>This, why the fuck do people talk about millennials killing anything?
Because marketers and c suite big wigs arent actually qualified to fucking do anything, but they refuse to acknowledge they have the capacity for failure.