Introduced to cooking at a very young age

>introduced to cooking at a very young age
>know how to cook
>never been introduced to tv dinners
>always been told that they're garbage
>decides to buy a weeks worth of tv dinners

one week later and i'm seriously thinking about giving up on cooking and just continue to eat tv dinners.

>cheap ($2 per meal)
>tastes the same as properly cooked food
>saves a lot of time

Is this the final redpill of cooking?

>>tastes the same as properly cooked food

This leads me to think you do not know how to properly cook food

How's your cooking, if you think microwavable dinners is the answer? Also, these things tend to have a ton of sodium in them.

They have a shitty texture because of the microwaving and industrial processing requirements but they add more salt and fat so they taste ok.

I wish there was a bigger market for small-batch frozen food to be sold in regular supermarkets.

You're fucking garbage at cooking dude, I can stomach these but they're disgusting compared to real food. It's cost affective but you're not eating properly anymore, it'll be a radical shift in your diet and nutritional intake.

hungry man used to be better 10 years ago.

TGI fridays are also the best ones

Wrong.

(You) fucking failure

They're garbage because they're just not exactly healthy. It's not much different than fast food.

>cheap
>healthy
>easy
You can only choose 2.

There is market for it, convenience stores in Japan thrive entirely because of this.

Your cooking skills and standards must be beyond awful.

Why can't we have those here?

I've been wishing there was a healthy food fast-food place for a long time. Simple, but good meals you can pick up on your way home.

I wouldn't even care much what it they served, I practically eat anything and I like change, but I doubt they could ever become successful if they actually did the right thing and serve different things every day. With the sheer amount of these piss-annoying picky and entitled people in this world it's just possible. And if they start a place that just serves the same meals every day they'll go out of business too.

Enjoy cancer

I have a snap kitchen down the street from me. It is expensive though.

Salads are all three

>hungry man
A real man would have his wife make him fresh dinner. Does American perversion and decadence know no bounds!?

Please don't ruin the theory, I was trying to get OP on the right track.

..but yeah, I guess they are. I can get a meal-salad for €3. I actually get them pretty often myself, they're not half bad.

moron

Zoës Kitchen needs more stores. It's not fast-food but more like fast-casual. The prices aren't too bad, either. For example, a Greek chicken pita with a side is $8.29. On the high end, Salmon Kabobs with TWO sides and pita bread is $12.49. Really great stuff. They have an app you can use to order food and it'll be ready when you get there.

How bad are you at cooking?

they're loaded with salt, fat, and cholesterol. prolly not a good idea, user.

look at the nutritional values on their site

some of those meals exceed your recommended daily allowances on salt, fat, and cholesterol

I used to eat nothing but $1 packs of frozen chicken nuggets and gained a stupid amount of weight and looked bloated as fuck. Its all salt and fat and soy protein isolate to glue together dogfood quality meat.

If you are really broke, rice and chicken and frozen vegetables. Bake the chicken and steam the veggies while the rice is in the rice cooker. No effort, cheap, and healthy.

>wants to try a TV dinner
>buys a week's worth
Bait confirmed

>tfw local place near where I live makes "frozen" dinners fresh and sells it

It's pretty cool

I've been making meals in advance and freezing them for later, so one day at the grocery I decided "fuck it" and bought some frozen dinners to compare.

and holy shit are they bad, just watered down and pretty gross - never again
maybe if I just wanted tendies like some kind of fag degenerate it'd be okay

>look at the nutritional values on their site

Yeah, I agree with you about salt. I need to be on a low sodium diet and some of those dishes are off the charts. Pic related, chicken kabobs wtf? I go with Salmon kabobs, much more reasonable. As far as fat, it's coming from fish and olive oil. Isn't that good fat?

Had a health teacher in school who ate 3 one pound hungry man dinners a day, by 6th period there were always 3 boxes and trays in the garbage bin. He weighed over 350 pounds

>ate 3 one pound hungry man dinners a day

Guaranteed that was only the tip of the iceberg

You must be one hell of a cook to make nothing but hungry-man tier food

It's just as easy to buy and cook chicken tenders and french fries. It's also easy to cook corn and mashed potatoes on the stove top. Make a whole fucking pan of brownies, not that hard. Bigger portions and better food.

Sodium is necessary for life as we know it
That's like saying those have a ton of water in them, avoid at all costs

Just because something is necessary doesn't mean you don't need to moderate your intake of it idiot.

if they did have a ton of water in them they would be shit. Some is okay too much is bad.
>alcohol is good for you in small ammounts
>better polish off a 5th every night.

>JUST TAKE 5 TIMES LONGER AND MAKE 10 TIMES AS MUCH huuurrrf

oh boy

>The prices aren't too bad, either. For example, a Greek chicken pita with a side is $8.29.
Nigga you don't understand fast food.

Am I not supposed to do that?

This. If your food doesn't taste better than prepackaged garbage, then your cooking must be dreadful.

>chiggn kabob :DD

I'm not even a shit skin, but can we please gas all anglos? Holy fuck

Do Americans really call them 'Kabobs'? It sounds retarded. It's a Kebab.

Bro try Amy's, best frozen food I've ever had

Basically all roasted vegetables, baked chicken or fish, seafood, soups, salads, raw fresh fruit...

Jesus dude. I mean I know you're TRYING to be antagonistic but come on now.

Pretty much this

Yeah but those convenience stores don't sell their konbini meals frozen, as they have distributors that make, pack, and ship ready-to-eat cold meals to the stores and rotate the stock regularly. Its decent food that can be microwaved in-store once bought, but it's not frozen so it does expire eventually.

I think, generally, Americans like to eat frozen food because it keeps longer and the notion of "gas station food" is unnapettizing since the public thinks food can't be bought fresh anywhere outside of a supermarket deli or something.

They all talk like babies.

Amy's is a rip-off. Organic food is a scam. The main benefit of organic food production is to grocery store profit margins.

>Floods are good for you

If you're a healthy person there is nothing wrong with consuming 5000+ mgs of sodium in a day. Excessive salt intake is not associated with an increased risk of myocardial infraction or stroke.

It tastes good you buttnugget, I don't care if it's organic or not

Came to say this...

>Jesus dude
Relax.. now marinate in the context for a minute, look at the OP again. This is meant as a guideline for non-cooks. All your examples require preparing and/or aren't meals on by themselves (so require looking up, combining, more cooking). You may think preparing a basic meal is easy (you're awesome, no doubt), but we're talking about TV dinner level easy here.

Why is this called a TV dinner?

i like the banquet tv diners.

clearly fpbp

fucking this senpaii

>WIN AN ACTION PACKED TRIP TO DETROIT

They dump a ton more salt and sugar into the meals then you normally would. Theynare never a good substitute for a self prepared meal.

Shhh, sweet child. Is tasty bait.
It'll be our little secret.

Wasn't that the entire point of Boston Market? Man, I hated that place as a kid. My dad used to buy that for dinner almost every night he had me. That or bulk food from Costco.

This always such bullshit. Some people don't want to spend the time cooking.

They were originally made to eat on individual trays in front of the TV (pic related), to maximize the time the family could spend in front of the TV - remember, there were only 4 channels, and it ended at 11 before going off the air for the night.

Anyways, making these your sole diet is a stupid choice.

I like having a bunch of frozen meals in the freezer. They're an easy way to make food if you're feeling too bad to make anything, so they basically keep me alive and healthier than living off of snack foods. The real trick is finding the brands and meals that don't taste like garbage.

Most fast food places have healthy, or at least neutral food that you can get. If you get a double bacon cheeseburger, large fries that you slather in ketchup, and a large soda, it's pretty unhealthy. But if you switch out the large fries for a small order, add a salad, and water or even a small soda, it's actually a lot healthier. A lot of people will complain about stomachaches after eating fast food and it's usually not caused by the "main dish", but by the large amounts of greasy french fries and huge sodas they're consuming. If they just modified their portions they wouldn't get those stomachaches.

That was the problem with those super-sized meals. They give you a tiny sandwich and a ton of fries and a huge soda, but it would've been better to get small fries and a small soda with a second sandwich instead.

those Lonely Man dinners are a bit of a guilty 'pleasure' once or twice a year, but even a fat fuck like myself, i can't really into them more than that

New to the board, decided to give it a visit on a whim and I gotta say Veeky Forums has quickly become my new favorite board. I fucking love you guys.

I'm a fat fuck who can't cook and even I say this.

There's no way tv dinners are as good as actual cooked food. They're also HORRIBLE for you

not really if you have one of them and something else light you can easily maintain or lose weight eating them faggot.

>8.29
>not bad

user. Come now.

Well we hate you, faggot. Remember to tip.

There's more to health than just weight though. They usually have more salt and fat than most people should be eating in a day.

Times have changed. A Big Mac meal costs six bucks. Anything under $10 is pretty reasonable for a place that skirts the line between fast food and fast casual. And I'm guessing that the place user is talking about is mostly in more urban areas with a higher cost of living on top of that.

that's an almost 2 and 1/2 dollar difference user. You gotta come in at 6.50 or less.