Poverty Cuisine

Poor, Broke and savings fags of Veeky Forums, discuss you best meal ideas and tips for eating when you're on a restricted budget.

>buy noodles
>put different things in it

make your own bread
fry an egg
put egg on bread
yumyum

Enjoy that weight gain and saturated fats.

when the store I go to has it on sale I pick up cans of campbell's chunky beef and vegetable soup for $2. now this might not seem that cheap but I've learned to split the can into two servings if need be by combining it with a cup of mixed frozen vegetables when heating it up in the saucepan, and then serving over rice. broken down into two servings like this you're probably spending somewhere around $1.50/meal.

>Onions
>Breadcrumbs
>Can of tuna
>Egg

Tuna patties

You can probably make an apple pie with that.

Dry beans
Rice
Any type of meat, diced
Cheap spices of your choice

Wa la.

Is Chilli the goat poor dish?

You can make a shitload for nothing, it keeps really well and with a bit of rice it's a really substantial meal.

ah, my childhood. here's what i have to offer.

pic related, also the following:

>beef and egg noodle casserole
>captain crunch casserole
>gumbo
>rock soup
>red beans and rice
>cucumber salad
>tuna salad sandwiches
>king oscar sardines straight from the can
>pb&j with pickles
>pickle juice and crabmeat popsicles
>crawfish etouffee
>raw green onions
>toast chee with sardines
>5 pound bags of bugles
>homemade meat products

just to name a few

Water. Lots, and lots, and lots of water. Always have cold water next to you. It does wonders to delay that next meal a few hours and stave off snacking, which can save you a few bucks a day. Plus weight loss, if you're an amerifat.

>Poor, Broke

Fucking lying American. Like we fucking believe you 'merican Niggers don't just live off of handouts.

Chicken soup. You can save money by buying whole chickens or wings and repurposing the bones for stock. Add some celery, potatoes, onion, carrots and with a box of noodles and you've got soup for a week. Freeze what you don't eat for a quick meal.

Your shitty country gives out more welfare and handouts than Europe + China combined. Nobody fucking believes you soup kitchen niggers with iphones, gold chains, and air jordans are actually "starving."

>poor
It's ingredient efficient

I'm not American. I'm just getting a nice redundancy payout and contemplating taking a year off to write a novel. I'd like to live thriftily during that time though.

Why does that matter

Fun fact: There are almost twice as many cumskins receiving food stamps and welfare benefits as niggers. When are whites going to stop being so fucking lazy?

>using the packets as is, and not using around half or so

Fun fact: there are way more than twice the amount of white people than black people in the United States, meaning that black people receive those benefits at a much, much higher rate.

>Affording enough food to gain weight

Brown rice, yams, organs, milk, produce, and chicken breast after a pay check. Also Veeky Forums but it sucks bc I can't afford to bulk like I would like to without eating garbage

Potatoes

Lots of potatoes

Meal prep will save you a lot of money.

One thing I usually do lately is make a huge batch of rice based on a local restaurant's risotto recipe with a few changes so it's not a risotto but the rice has the same texture and less calories (I'm trying to lose weight, if I wasn't I'd add the cream and cheese to make it into a risotto).

First off I cook the rice in a rice cooker with a little less water than usual, don't rinse the rice because it really doesn't change much, unless I use brown rice in which case I do because theres usually dirt and husks that havent been removed.

In a large pot, brown some onions, garlic, whatever aromatics you want to put in but at least use an onion. Once it's browned pour in a can of diced tomato and a cup or two of chicken stock. Toss in whatever vegetables you want at this point, I usually use the cheapest diced frozen veggies. Bring it to a gentle boil. once it's bubbling, spoon in your rice and give it a stir. Turn down the heat to really low and let the rice soak up the remaining liquid. At this point you could add some cream and cheese if you want to make it closer to a dryish risotto... thing.
Top it off with whatever protein you like, I found that any tomato based curry is good.

Sorry I dont have any exact measurements, it's more of a 'play by ear' recipe, but it's hard to fuck up.

Have you tried following Gweneth Paltrow's blog?

beans and rice are absolutely the cheapest complete protein you can buy. If you're feeling rich, you can add some meat and veg to the beans.

I survived the worst of the recession on just a couple bucks a week thanks to beans and rice. Every month or so I'd buy a massive bag of rice and another massive bag of beans. I would cook a few day's worth ahead of time just for the sake of ease. Sometimes I could afford to go down to the close-out market and buy some mirepoix and a ham hock. Other times I was just stuck eating them plain. All that mattered was that I had enough to eat that day. I may have been gassy but I never went hungry.

saved my life desu

How could you not live on that?

its too green

Dietary fats are incredible if you're lacking in them. Get some salt pork or fish or something if you've been subsisting on carbs and protein, you'll feel great

gwyneth paltrow means well but is slightly batshit

60% of everyone in the US is white

All The blacks are in jail getting a bed + food.

>Be unemployed.
>Welp, better use all these cans of vegetables and shit.
>Git gud at using spices, rice, and beans.
>Only spend money on chicken and eggs.
>Become gainfully employed. In fact, have much more disposable income than ever.
>Go utterly mad.
>Try to see how little I can spend on groceries.
I sure have a lot of oatmeal now.

forgot pic