Cook with me! (Poverty edition)

Hi all, I'm niko. I'm gonna give you a step by step on my poor cooking ability as I make a meal.

You'll need potatoes, carrots, onion, garlic, vinegar, some form of meat, and oil, plus whatever else you find in your fridge. Send suggestions and I'll add them if I can

First, chop the potatoes and smash the garlic so it flows

>suggestions
white castles stuffing, my man
It's mmmmm mmmmm goood.

There we go

Now put them in the pan with equal amounts of vinegar and oil, set to 5, and let it cook for 20 minutes. Stir em every 5

Keep going, my son

Ok dad

I heard you guys like cats, so here's one of those. I don't reccomend cooking it unless you're Korean though

koreans eat dogs.

do you durn?

Now you cut vegetables. I'm a poorfag so I only have carrots and onions, but other stuff is nice

Once that's all chopped, put it with the potatoes at 4, cook with lid for 10 minutes, stirring each 5

Take kielbasa

Cut kielbasa

Put in pan for again: ten minutes. Start some rice or some shit

Ricy bois

No salt/pepper or spices?

I have no money for them

Then delete this thread.

Frankly this thread should have been deleted when raw, skin on potatoes were put into a saute pan.

no need after he "took" that kielbasa

Bad times are today
I'm sorry
I just want to cook for you to see

Not cut on a hard bias and now you’re telling me you have zero goddamn spices. You collect that shit over time. Most poor people still have spices so what’s your excuse

I found salt and pepper from some fast food packets someone left here

I'll use those

I have garlic and onion...
please no bully

Especially raw, skin-on russets
Know your potatoes kiddos
Russets are for baking
New potatoes and Yukon Gold are for pan-frying

Now I feel kinda bad. What’s your email addy user. I’ll send you some Aldi’s spices

Captcha: why are all the “store fronts” in seemingly 3rd world shit in the street holes ??

neck yourselves

Keep going OP

The skin is where the nutrients of the potato are... this is all that's left from my garden

Don't worry, things are getting better but it takes time. Bad times come, bad times go. I just want to make it easier for my family

Thank you everyone, for posting on this board so I could learn to cook

don't shit on user, I was just joking about taking that sausage. finally someone using vegetables, it's nice to see. y'alls shit posting is lacking. those potatoes with skin that will be cooked is fine

It's all done, thanks for watching everyone

God be with you

thanks for this thread, OP, and hope times get better for you soon! this looks like a great way to cook nutritious food on a budget.

There is nothing wrong with skin on russets. Have you never had potato skins/ wedges?

Good luck OP

keep putting away some money and trawling the Kroger weeklies

All potato not mashed should have skin on, all of the nutrients are in the skin. Remember, have a garden for bad times

I don’t have a family, or even a girlfriend anymore as of recent so I can’t fully appreciate your struggle user, but I genuinely wish you the best. Call me a faggot but sometime putting some anonymous good out in the world isn’t a bad thing. I’m sure you’re not asking for handouts but I was serious about hooking ya up with some spices if interested.

t. bored single philanthropic user trying to pay it forward

It's ok, things are getting better, but even night takes time to pass

I never peel potatoes

Nothing wrong with that at all. Russets have many tasty applications. But there's a lot wrong with just dumping them, raw, into a saute pan

I used oil, vinegar, and onion...

It looks like they cooked just fine. This is poorfag cooking, not Top Chef.

Some day...

Don't let these haters get you down, OP. You made a good inexpensive meal and I'm glad you shared it with us!

Side note, a cartridge is cheaper than a pound of chicken. Learn to hunt if you can

I don't think OP's neighbors would be fond of him shooting their chickens.

That was my post. I have chickens and hunt. You need a lot of different food when you don't have a lot of one food

Even though he didn't accept, you are a really kind person and I wanted you to know that.

I think that looks like a great dinner OP. You did good. I'm proud of you.

I fucking love this board

Personally, I would have cut and peeled the spuds and blanched them in boiling water and vinegar. Once softened, strain and let dry. Toss with oil and carrot and bake/roast in oven. Then maybe do the koubasa sliced and lightly in a pan, remove, then onion in same pan with drippings done low and slowly, add sausage back to warm when onions caramelized. By then roast veggies could be done, serve with onions and sausage and me I would maybe forget the rice (I'm ok with just one starch, me)

kek my shit up desu

People are giving you shit, OP, but you contributed something new and that's more than half these people can say. I'm a fellow poorfag, and I'll be trying this recipe as soon as I can.

I appreciate it friend, and thank you. I hope this recipe helps you. And if you have the money for it, try using beef instead of sausage, and add broccoli

I wish the better times come for you Niko.

Looks good, Niko. Keep it up. Thanks for the OC

I came across a good job opportunity, maybe join for cake on Friday ?

HEY NIKO, IT IS YOUR COUSIN ROMAN, DO YOU WANT TO GO BOWLING??????

>poverty meal
>no limes

When you get some money buy some Salt, Pepper, Paprika, Chilli seeds, and Beef stock cubes (grind and sprinkle them). Yesterday I cooked some cubed potatoes like you did as a side dish with all the above ingredients which makes a real nice flavour, and being you cooked sausage it'll add a lot more too.

Maybe next time try getting some Chorizo instead (or just add it in) for a nice smokey hot flavour.

What about red potatoes?

>poor
fucking first worlders
a real poor meal is bone soup. Literally the cheapest nutritious meal

Looks pretty tasty for its simplicity, Niko, here's hoping things get better for you and your family soon!

Nowhere did I claim that "know your potatoes kiddos" was a comprehensive list of baking and frying varietals