""""Famous Pizza"""""

>be me
>Visit new york city since I live an hour away
>Visit the parks famous spots etc
>Get hungry
>be Italian
>want pizza
>Look around and see hundreds and possibly thousands of pic related
>Either saying (Famous insert pizza) or (new york famous insert pizza)
WHERE THE FUCK DO I GO TO EAT SINCE EVERYTHING IS CONSIDERED FAMOUS?

It doesn't matter.
They all taste the same and are only "famous" on their particular street corner.

>WHERE THE FUCK DO I GO TO EAT SINCE EVERYTHING IS CONSIDERED FAMOUS?
You wanna go to Rays

Grimaldi’s is good, or Roberta’s if you want to be a Williamsburg asshole

Where is that from my location?

Lemme look this shit up

>vacationing in Whitby, England.
>well over 50 goddamn fish and ship shops.

I finally made my choice by picking the place with the most seagulls hanging around. Animal wisdom has never steered me wrong.

>fish and ship

YOU ALL KNOW WHAT I MEANT TO WRITE OKAY

Also deep dish go za is the best type of pizza.

The secret is to find the place that is the absolute least famous.

your pic is Joe's on carmine it's pretty damn good

Lombardi 4 day real tourist fun

Famous in this context is like the word deluxe or fancy, it is meaningless marketing, any place you go to is gonna be quite similar except for Mario's World Famous Pizza Pies, that establishment is doink

I'm seconding Grimaldi's. Great location, too. Fantastic view of the Brooklyn Bridge.

And dollar slice pizza is shit. You're better off getting Sbarro.

keep in mind you have to order a whole pie at grimaldi's, they don't do pizza by the slice

seconding lombardi, it's totally fine

di fara's in midwood, brooklyn, is fucking delicious

kesté and john's on bleeker are both great

the grandma's pizza at prince street pizza are top tier

Joe's isn't bad. It isn't spectacular, but it isn't bad. Pretty standard pizza desu. Artichoke Basille's on 14th street in East Village is my favorite Manhattan pizza joint.

Sushiriitto is pretty good

OP what County are you from? I'm about an hour away too

>WHERE THE FUCK DO I GO TO EAT SINCE EVERYTHING IS CONSIDERED FAMOUS?
Di Fara. The guy that runs that is basically the Jiro of pizza; the restaurant is tiny and non-descript, the guy running it has been the owner-operator since the 50s, every pizza they sell is hand-made by him and his kids and it has more "best of" accolades than pretty much anywhere else.

90% of NYC pizza is shit since there was a big race to the bottom to sell the biggest slice possible for a dollar while still being profitable. So many places went paper thin with shit cheese.

The remaining 10% most people in the city will be able to name off the top of their head. Make a friend

yeeeep, if you're willing to schelp down to Midwood on the Q, you can get what many people will argue is the best pizza in America

Everything in New York is shit

>Make a friend
I'm not capable of doing that

All the pizza in NY is made by Albanians anyway lol there's nothing authentic about it

>tourists

Congratulations, you fell for it.

Dominos

sandwich, manhattan, 1986. white bread, a few slices of meat. mayo, mustard, extra. no veggies. so NY may in fact suck

Pick a random place. The difference between one place and another is likely to be pretty fucking small.