Has there ever been a bigger meme in the whole of the fast food industry?

Has there ever been a bigger meme in the whole of the fast food industry?

partially hydrogenated vegetable oils to improve heatlh?

>that will be 15 dollars please!

fuck this place. just go to five guys

And save what, $2?

A friend of mine I had met during my study abroad decided to visit the US and we decided to meet in NYC. She had a guidebook that recommended the place and there was atleast a 30 minute wait.
We stuck through it and it was easily worth the 30 minute wait.

Then I moved overseas after college for a few years. Moved back recently to a city with a couple and was excited since there was one right near work

Shit is barely better than Wendy's.

What the fuck happened? Were burgers that bad back before places like 5 guys started expanding or did they drastically lower the quality when they began expanding

Don't know. I think the massive lines make it seem better than it really is. The first time I had it I waited around 30 minutes as well and it was great. Second time I walked right up to the counter and it seemed like pretty standard high-end fast food. There are better burger joints in the city by a mile and a half.

And get a burger 2x as big and juicy along with a fuckton of fries. All you miss out on is the shakes which taste exactly like McCafe's.

You don't even need five guys, this place is steak n shake tier

>You don't even need five guys, this place is steak n shake tier

steak n shake is better

Five guys and Steak n shake are both equally good and better than Shit Shack

they literally memed their way into stardom

>average uninspired burger
>shit crinkle cut fries that look and taste like supermarket frozen ones
>(((cheese))) sauce that taste like melted plastic american

It's just the california thing again, right? They have no good fast food places, so they all go to some mediocre garbage dump, and then it gets enough cash to expand to the rest of the country

Have they expanded their way into hate it because it's famous tier now? I remember it being quite good back when the city location was the only one.
Years ago one of my friends got me and another friend two burgers and met us at the airport at 6am when we came back from Japan. Best 'Welcome back to America" ever.

its literally just okay tier food that urbanite scum memed into its current state.

Was the Port Authority location the first location? I feel like if I were to randomly walk into Shake Shack near Port Authority without ever having heard of them or seen the long lines I would have been impressed simply because every restaurant in that neighborhood is either absurdly expensive and amazing, or affordable and absolutely fucking disgusting. Shake Shack is both affordable and pretty decent, and in that area that kind of thing would seem disproportionately impressive. Add a ridiculously long line to make it look exclusive and you have a recipe for meme stardom in NYC.

It's not BAD, not by a long stretch, but nothing to justify the >30 minute average lines.

Once a restaurant franchises out the quality takes a dip in favor of profit, also nothing was as good as you remember it so everything nowadays seems shittier than what it was, wether or not it's true or if it's a symptom of getting older and becoming nostalgic is immaterial

Its weird because Shake Shack is from NYC.
In N Out filled a necessary niche when it originally became popular. The big three had shut down all the small places and In N Out offered a non-shit burger for about the same price as McD

Pretty much this. I've taken multiple friends/family from out of town who all wanted to try it because they'd heard how popular it was, and the general response was basically, "THAT'S IT?" It's pretty good, but it's not wait outside for 45 minutes in the dead of winter good.

5 guys, chipotle, whole foods

I'm from a city that got one of the first original expansions of 5 Guys. Prices have gone up there and they now measure out the extra fries they throw in, but its still a good burger

Shake Shack is NOT a good burger anymore atleast not for what they charge. It seems like they're competing with Wendy's now

All of those places have supply to justify the demand. I wouldn't say five guys or chipotle really overcharge all that much for the quality food you're getting, and I've never had to weight more than a few minutes to get food at either of them. And Whole Foods is a grocery store, but fuck them just the same.

wait*

If they lowered their quality when they expanded I could see that. Alternatively, if they kept their quality but the new staff at the new locations were inept or not experienced enough, it could temporarily lower the quality.

Back when they only had 1 or 2 locations I wasn't against getting it because it was a decent burger, wasn't too pricey, could get beer, and they would regularly have some experimental menu items.
Me and my friends would either avoid getting it during the rush hours or only go if we had planned on hanging out anyway; hanging out while on line was doing two things at once.

I think only my city friends would think to call it really good, but that's because they don't have the luxury of a backyard where they can grill their own burgers like I can.

whole foods pizza is over rated.

makes me missin Sbarro.

i'm glad Amazon is slashing whole food prices.

my farmer's market make better european breads too.

Whole foods pizza is legit bad and all of their ready serve food is not worth half of what they charge

Honestly their burgers are decent but way overpriced for what they are. I think five guys has good fries but again, you pay a shitload for an okay burger. This is why In-N-Out is popular, you get an okay burger at an okay price, not an okay burger at fucking gourmet restaurant price.

Sbarro is the best food court pizza I've ever had

>This is why In-N-Out is popular, you get an okay burger at an okay price
Imagine being a calicuck

>This is why In-N-Out is popular, you get an okay burger at an okay price, not an okay burger at fucking gourmet restaurant price.
>Sbarro is the best food court pizza I've ever had

How Californian can you be. You need to start arguing about how avocado goes on everything

Oh gee is it flyover spergout power hour?
Can't even mention In-N-Out without you sad fucks foaming at the mouth.

And no, avocado should be eaten alone, maybe with some salt if you like.

Dallas, my butthurt friend, where your shitty chains struggle to get by when they have real competition

It's overpriced for how small the burger is. I don't think they taste bad, but it shouldn't cost so much when the burger takes absolutely zero effort to finish.

I remember exploiting the fuck out of their free shackburger codes a few months ago though, so that was fun.

real competition like what? Whataburger? My friend lives near Ft. Worth and says it sucks ass, the guy fucking loves In-N-Out. You're the one sperging out here and you call me butthurt? hilarious

>Flyover includes the entire east coast

Theres a better coast out there

I love calicucks so much, you're an endless font of entertainment

Are you going to start arguing about how CFK doesn't suck?

Been to NYC and new England, Maine was the only part that didn't suck ass, can't speak for the rest of your coast though.

Yeah whatever, stay assblasted kid

*CPK

Never even been there, actually I tried the frozen pizza once and it sucked, tasted like a big cracker with salami.

We got a chain here called Ameci's that's pretty decent, NYC had great pizza though but more expensive.

>smallass burger
>shakes are too fucking rich
>expensive as fuck