So why are North American food courts so spartan compared to Asian Food courts...

So why are North American food courts so spartan compared to Asian Food courts. Even the chain restaurants feel like there is class and variety.

Back here its all the same yum brand/mcds with a couple of bland ethnic restaurants, no frills bakery/cafe with no indoor personal dining patios. Even mall sushi over in HK looks better

You live in a flyover, user.

Vacationing in Hong Kong right now and live in a coastal city and our mall food is lacking

I'd agree with you, mostly. But it also depends on the mall. Our local mall has about half a dozen actual sit down restaurants around the food court, plus all the usual walk up places and ethnic places. But, it's a really big mall that attracts people from all over the region.

>sit down restaurants
>sit down
Is there any other type?

I wonder what keep the malls in the coasts from getting more expensive choices like Hong Kong or Japan?

Take-out places
Pizza places where you get a slice and eat it standing up
I'm sure there's more

Yes.
There's places where you walk up, order your food, pick it up and go find someplace to sit and eat.
The term "sit down restaurant" is just common speak for full service restaurant, which is what they should be called.

>going to the mall

are you not white?

Some have expensive choices. My mall has one of the most expensive steakhouses in the city attached to it, as well as a fine dining Italian place, and a fine dining seafood restaurant.

How about Dutch foodcourts...

Americans fear pleasure. Food is a sin, drink is a sin, pleasure is a sin. Good food is scorned as a pretentious foreign vice and if you DARE enjoy nice things you are obviously trolling or insane, and certainly not a "real" American

Source: lived in a midwestern state for 6 years

>Back here its all the same yum brand/mcds with a couple of bland ethnic restaurants,

Fucking spoiled white bitch.

You 'mericans have the BEST ethnic foods from all over the world, easily accessible in any major city.

Fuck, in Shengyang, if you want decent Indian food, you have to go to fucking Beijing.

If you want decent Mexican food, good fucking luck.

If you want decent Ethiopian food, go to fucking africa.

In the US, I could find any ethic food from any country that is almost as good as the original within walking distance.

We do have good chinese food though, so that's something...

>Americans fear pleasure. Food is a sin, drink is a sin, pleasure is a sin.

Bitch, stop lying.

You 'Merican niggers are all about instant, self gratification.

only poor people go to the mall in the us. in asia malls attract middle and upper middle class clientele so the food courts are better

You seem to have mistaken "being full" with "pleasure"

A slime mold can create a perfect map of Tokyo, that doesn't make slime molds the next urban planners

>you will never be the autistic retard who keeps posting this and other images about overweight black people with the MERICA FUCK YEAH filename
I'm glad my parents loved me

>Americans fear pleasure. Food is a sin, drink is a sin, pleasure is a sin. Good food is scorned as a pretentious foreign vice and if you DARE enjoy nice things you are obviously trolling or insane, and certainly not a "real" American

lol

You sound like a sheltered white kid who have zero black friends. Soul food is as authentic 'merican as it gets.

I'm not white. I'm not black either. How flyover can you get if those are the options? Go drink some ranch dressing from a jumbo straw, cleetus

>You sound like a sheltered white kid who have zero black friends. Soul food is as authentic 'merican as it gets.
I think it was pretty clear he was talking about white protestants of anglo and germanic heritage. you know "real" americans as the guy said

> 'merican parents
> love

Lol.

Feeding your kids until they weigh 300 pounds and parking them in front of a TV = love. FUCK YEAH!!!

Soul food doesn't count. Cause, blacks.

Because white boomers are afraid of everything, so you can't try anything new without alienating 80% of potential customers.

I can't believe she's not washing it down with Ranch. Maybe her Ebonics makes French and Ranch sound the same.

this