Has anyone else been/is a humble pizza delivery slave? Feel free to share your stories of all sorts (rage, good times...

Has anyone else been/is a humble pizza delivery slave? Feel free to share your stories of all sorts (rage, good times, etc).

I did for 4 months in 2016. The cash in hand was nice, but was no better than slightly over minimum wage even though my store was consistently #1 in the state and #2 in the country. The work put into that kind of food business doesn't benefit the people who make it great. There was no reward for being the best, not even a 2 cent raise to our measly $3.75/hr wage.
Also, despite being in a rich area, very few people tipped. Story in replies. Blacks never tip. Literally every driver hated being sent to Town Center because we knew we would basically be paying in gas and miles to deliver to ungrateful little shits.

Other urls found in this thread:

omaha.com/news/crime/report-nebraska-has-nd-highest-black-homicide-rate-in-u/article_eeb0737e-de5d-5228-9e5c-55b4e8c9b00c.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>be me
>get huge order of pizza for over $113
>think the tip should be bretty gud for such an order
>make everything myself
>grab ticket like usual and go
>start driving to destination, cannot find the address for the life of me even on Jewgle Maps
>Call my boss and tell them I cannot find their address, he tells me they called to ask where their pizza was
>I call them and ask them to repeat the address
>they put in the wrong address
>get sent to the other side of the city
>arrive to a cul-de-sac of fucking mansions
>make it there with all the pizzas still hot, apologize and tell them that the address they put in was wrong
>No tip

I was considering doing donuts in their fuckin yard for the shit they just put me through. I literally spent more money than earning delivering to these rich assholes who basically just punished me for their mistake.

I was to understand that the delivery fee is to cover your insurance, and the fuel/maintenance kickback you get to cover your car expenses.
Why don't companies just use a fleet of branded scooters?

>despite being in a rich area
That's WHY nobody tipped you.
Rich people and blacks don't tip.
Poor white people, particularly female college students, will tip the shit out of you. Same goes for 40+ aged single women in lower-middle class areas.

I never tip my delivery guy. Fuck you assholes for expecting it. Maybe get your employer to pay you a decent wage and not expect me to cover what your boss is too greedy to give. Tipping makes zero sense to me

I was for a few months in 2009 while I was in college. That doesn't even seem that long ago. It was a pretty chill job but people are assholes especially managers. Didn't realize I had anxiety problems but glad I quit when I did. Money wasn't worth potentially getting pulled over or customers hassling you or managers who have a power trip.

Also everyone was high all day on pills or weed.

One time I paid with a $20 on a $17 order and the delivery guy started walking off and I shouted something about "where's my change" and he shrugged and kept walking.
I called up the place and told them the delivery boy walked off with my change and asked for it back and they made him drive all the way back to give me 2 dollars and some coins.
Fucking entitled pricks.

That delivery was pretty lucky. I would of called the cops on him for theft.

I do it in Omaha. I make about 20$ an hour with hourly and tip. It's good money, but we deliver to some shitty areas.

The only problem with it, is it's a dead end job. If it's busy, you're basically alone all day, i'm listening to new albums and podcasts every day, and weed can be a good side hustle with it since you're on the street.

That delivery would be pretty lucky. I'd shoot him in the back of the head for violating the NAP

I have a hard time believing Omaha has "bad areas." What, is it the area with the highest rate of lawn mower thefts and mailbox vandalism, lol.

I used to sling za for a couple years, heres some highlights
> super wasted guy tipped 80 bucks
> delivered to the Harlem Globe Trotters
> milf in nothing but a bath towel
> delivered to a biker gang's club house
> tipped in weed, beer and cigarettes many times
> cocaine once
Not me but another driver delivered to John Cena

Behind the counter once when some drunk fucks got in a brawl. I was trying to push them outside so they can kick each other's asses out there when of the dudes drunk ass girlfriend starts bitting me. Call cops and they all get arrested.
It was fun for that time in my life but id never do it again. Also niggers never tip

I'll file this under things that never happened.

Shit gets weird when you're open till 3 am

Not that guy, but shit like that happens. I used to deliver to a trap house in the deep ghetto. Guy would run an all-night poker game, and you could tell they were the neighborhood crack dealers. They were the only house there that got delivery three or four days a week and had stacks of cash to tip. There were always half a dozen big dudes in there, they were always drunk, and it always smelled like weed in there.

It sucked risking getting robbed or shot going there, but the guy always ordered at least 4-6 pizzas, always tipped at least $10-$20, as much as $40 or $50 if he was winning that night, and I guess I was safe enough as long as I was delivering to him. Blah blah niggers never tip, this one did.

Did it for a few months. Got jewed out of my $200 "signing bonus", also got robbed for $40 and a few pizzas. Never again.

>I can literally not think

Pinpoint location
Confirm order
Put someone on the job who isn't and incometent fuck

You deserve no fucking tip,plebe

I put it in a GPS and it showed up as a normal address. When I got there, the exact location was an empty corner lot on the other side of town. They put in their address something like "123 Wild Flower St" when it was really "123 Wildflower St". They fucked up their own address. How was I supposed to know? I never heard from, and most certainly never got a delivery order, from this isolated street before. Jewgle Maps even had a hard time finding it.

...well we have the highest murder rate of black on black crime in the nation.
omaha.com/news/crime/report-nebraska-has-nd-highest-black-homicide-rate-in-u/article_eeb0737e-de5d-5228-9e5c-55b4e8c9b00c.html

And there are bad areas in every city, you fucking retard. What kind of ignorant statement is that? Dumb kids.

Lol no. I had to pay for my own maintenance, oil changes, gas (outside $1.25/trip. Even if you take multiple deliveries.), and definitely insurance. That delivery fee never gets to the drivers.

I'll jerk off in your pizza desu
Enjoy my hot, zesty semen.

1.25 per trip sounds reasonable, that covers gas and wear and tear on your vehicle.
I was to understand you didn't get any compensation for gas.

This is true, rich people didn't get money by giving it away

Think of it as a laziness tax you fat fuck

Get off my board Kevin. /a/, Veeky Forums, and Veeky Forums are mine and you get the rest.

>Think of it as a laziness tax
That's what the $2.50-$4 deliver fee is.
The tip is if you're fast.
I don't give a shit how little they pay you, most delivery drivers end up clearing $14-15/hr anyways.