Salt

Is this shit a meme? Is sea salt a meme? Can I get a quick rundown on salt?

It's salty

Unless it's smoked, seasoned, or black salt it's all going to taste the same - salty; but different coarseness levels will give you different textures. I use fine sea salt for just about everything, still blows my mind that all you have to do is evaporate ocean water to make it.

thanks guys

the amount of sodium and other minerals (like potassium) also varies between salt varieties, which affects the flavor significantly

also check if your salt has iodine added to it, since that stuff's good for you and you might be deficient if you don't eat a lot of eggs and seafood

Doesn't matter if it's sea salt, Kosher, man-made/iodized, pink, white, whatever.

The one thing that seriously impacts flavor is whether it's roasted or not.

Just bought pic related. Did I get memed?

your entire life is a fucking meme, dude

I think you're about to be roasted, friendo of friendos.

Your thumb looks fucked up

Aren't all salt from the sea?

avoid fluoridated salt and you'll be good my nigga.

No, some salt is mined since there are natural salt deposits in the earth.

No, some salt are exclusively from my sweaty ballsacks

to be a debbil's advocate, many of those deposits are from ancient dried seas (but not all)

Or, dried ballsacks of dead animals buried underground

suck my salty nuts, fagboi

If you tried hard enough could you grow nut salt?

Scrape your nuts once every day, and extract all salt crystals apart from the dirt and dead skin cells, and you will eventually end up with a small vial of pure salt by the end of the year.

Somewhat. Take the salt out of that shit grinder and put it in a grinder with multiple setting for how coarse you want it. Coarse salt is better for solid meats and fine is better for ground meats, soups, etc

66%KCl/33%NaCl+Iodine masterrace

lol