Making chicken cordon bleu.... turns out to be harder than the videos make it look

Making chicken cordon bleu.... turns out to be harder than the videos make it look...

Here is where we're at...

You're cutting board has mold on it. Props though for shopping at Walmart for the 100% freshness.

Potatoes getting ready...

Thanks, I'll get a new one...

Cooking them before the oven...smells good.

On at 350°

Dude
Put some quill eggs on it

looks like shit Tbh

I'm just going to assume you meant to type quail.

So what was the breading? It's not a really easy dish since a lot has to do with how everything melds together. The cheese has to melt perfectly while still cooking the chicken to the appropriate temp and maintaining an appropriate browning on the breading.

i never figured it out, & neither did my family. the cheese always melts out no matter how much u put in; im not sure if we tried freezing the cheese & then putting it in tho.. xp

All done pt. 1

It was Progresso italian style...lol. came out good!

Next time I'm mixing the cheese goo with the mashed potatoes.

dude no
quill eggs

What recipe did you use?

Damn that looks good.
just today I was thinking about making chicken pot pie in a couple days and the thought crossed my mind to make some cordon bleu soon. how long did you bake in the oven?

I cooked it in a pan of olive oil until the outside was brown and crispy.. then popped it in the oven at 350 F for 30 minutes. The recipe online said 15 minutes, but 30 minutes was definitely better.

you could sand it off and apply mineral oil

chicken cordon bleu is horrible. ham swiss and chicken. horrible. heres my version, not cooked yet: chicken breast, stuffed with mozarella and thin prosciutto, pounded flat, fried in olive oil, topped with pesto.

Well I put Swiss, provolone, Parmesan, habanero cheddar, and honey ham in it. It came out pretty good. But your recipe sounds good too, maybe I'll try it out sometime!

I looked at several different recipes on the internet ("chicken cordon bleu") and I improvised with the cheeses (Swiss, provolone, and habanero cheddar). I didn't season the chicken, I seasoned the flour and used Progresso Italian Style bread crumbs.

The veggies is just malbec wine and evoo, pepper, garlic salt, crushed red pepper. Needed something quick and didn't really have much. Was bomb.