I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease today. Any other anons have this? How has it changed your diet...

I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease today. Any other anons have this? How has it changed your diet? I've had an awful past year with eating and getting sick.

Other urls found in this thread:

cornucopia.org/shopping-guide-to-avoiding-organic-foods-with-carrageenan/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yep.

Varies in severity and what they use to treat it. I was diagnosed in 2013 and had so much terrible shit that I can't even compell myself to repeat it, but it involved some 23 surgeries and now I'm shitting into a bag.

Personally I didn't find diet to make a huge difference. I'm capable of eating just about anything.

If you're given the option of self-injected humira, take it. It's worked best for me. Don't worry about the self injections, the needle is like 0.5mm and you barely feel it.

I see. They're doing labs but the doctor said it was "moderate" I'm 19 years old and began experiences problems (blood in stool, which progressed into extremely frequent diarrhea and horrible pain when using restroom) Humira has been offered to me. My dad says he thinks it's best to try diet first, but neither of us know much about it. Today is my first day of trying to change my diet, I'm still experiencing all above issues but it's day 1 so I'm telling myself it's because of the colonoscopy and things will get better.

stupid man IN THE WINDOW

My perspective is that waiting too long to get on the immunosuppressant drugs is what's going to give you surgical grief later on. The longer you wait not really knowing whether or not your guts are deteriorating, the more likely you'll have to be put through something awful.

I'll probably never have my rectum back again, at 23. Notadoctor, but the stakes are high enough that I wouldn't give it to chance.

I'M NOT FUCKING AROUND

Take that humira and eat food baked with THC

I do smoke occasionally but I work A LOT, (I am a restaurant manager) I would have to take it in very low doses. Do you believe it would be worth it?
I see. I will talk with my doctor about it when the labs come back.

The point is not to get high but to have THC and other cannabinoids in your system for their beneficial effects. Smoking does a poor job of this as it raises and lowers blood plasma concentrations of the drug quickly. This results in a shorter lasting, more pronounced effect. By eating the drug it is introduced slowly and absorbed slowly. Make sure to only take small amounts at first until you build a tolerance and find the correct dosage but oral is the best ROA by far for your scenario

Thank you I will definitely try this.

IT'S NOT SO IMPOSSIBLE

Had symptoms since I was 14 and got diagnosed when I was 15, dropped to 103lbs @ 5'10" and needed a blood transfusion, went through a bunch of drugs (Steroids, Imuran, Pentasa, etc.) until I landed on Remicade (still taking iron but just every now and then.) Took 2 years to get on Remicade plus the year I was undiagnosed so my body was pretty wrecked. I'm good now though, Remicade has done wonders. Humira would probably be a good option too if you travel a lot b/c you can just take the shot with you, it's just more frequent. I'm 19 now, and have been going strong for a year and a half (with a minor flare up here and there, but once I got my infusion again I went right back to normal.)
I don't *really* have to watch what I eat, but I do anyway. Just avoid super inflammatory foods (sugar, tomato, acidic foods) and try to work some anti-inflammatory foods into your diet (tumeric, beets, broccoli, tea.) I still drink milk and eat cheese because I'm a glutton who can't rid myself of dairy. Also AVOID Carrageenan. It's an additive that is used to keep dairy products from separating while being processed, but has been shown to cause gut disease. Here's a list I consult to avoid it cornucopia.org/shopping-guide-to-avoiding-organic-foods-with-carrageenan/
One last thing, while these are good dietary guidelines to go by, Chron's isn't something you can just fix with diet alone. Once your immune system goes haywire, all of the anti-inflammatories in the world aren't going to tell it to stop attacking your gut. It's VERY IMPORTANT to get on an immunosuppressant, or at least a round of anabolic steroids (Prednisone) and see how you react to that first. Don't do Imuran, the side effects aren't worth it (also takes forever to go into effect.) I know Humira and Remicade look very, very expensive, but there are programs to help with that (I'm on Remistart, $5 co-pay per infusion.)

Good luck user. I know the hell you're going through but just know there is a way out.

I've been dealing with it for almost 20 years. but everyone is different with this disease. I've had 2 surgeries losing 18 inches of small bowel each time.
I don't like the thought of taking drugs that suppress my immune system so right now I'm taking an anti inflammatory called pentasa 4grams per day but I'm doing pretty well. last bowel resection was may of last year
when it comes to foods I don't eat. very spicy things give me pain. stuff very high in grease too. the only other thing I don't eat a lot of is nuts, a few are alright for me but I can't eat them in large amounts or daily.
>it's because of the colonoscopy
are you saying you think you got this disease because you had a colonoscopy? if so that's crazy.
the only advice I can give is quit drinking alcohol, don't smoke cigarettes . try those before starting prescriptions.

not everyone is like your first reply to this thread 23 surgeries in less than 4 years is not the norm.
if your in pain at home try soaking in the bath tub. it's so relaxing and really helps with the pains
if you have access to marijuana. take the hash oil orally. you don't need to bake cookies. hash oil can be made easily with trim, rubbing alcohol and a crock pot, and your most likely not going to get stoned off of it if you start out with a low dose and work your way up. check out rick simpson curing his skin cancer with hash oil. he shows how to make it yourself too
try not to get yourself to worked up

>I don't like the thought of taking drugs that suppress my immune system
>when it comes to foods I don't eat. very spicy things give me pain. stuff very high in grease too. the only other thing I don't eat a lot of is nuts, a few are alright for me but I can't eat them in large amounts or daily.
get yo ass on humira, nigga

pentasa does jack shit

Post body no homo

why the fuck do so many people have this now

there's no way ppl would have survived hundreds of years ago with it

what changed?

I think you answered your own question, medical science advanced, people can live with it now.
Sounds awful tho I'm sorry for anybody who has to deal with it.

Prednisone is a corticosteroid, not anabolic steroid

I've had Crohn's since I was 13 (I'm 24 now). Fortunately for me I've never had to have surgery so I'm really sorry to hear that you've had to deal with so many. Don't wait around, start remicade or humira as soon as you can. Those didn't work for me but I'm trying to get back on Entyvio, which seemed to have had good results when I tried it a year ago. My current doctor is shit though and it's taken him over a month to get the process started while I have to be agony the whole time, Prednisone didn't really work this time.

I've basically been stuck in doors for the past 2 months and I'm starting to get cabin fever and I'm just constantly miserable [spoiler]grant me strength bros, every time I get a cramp I fantasize about blowing my brains out[/spoiler]

>Prednisone is a corticosteroid, not anabolic steroid
That's what I meant, dang. It's been awhile since I've been on it. Thanks for the correction.

dude WEED

Look into the low FODMAP diet. It is generally recommended for digestive diseases. That said, I wouldn't delay getting on medication...

Hundreds of years ago you'd be lucky to live into your 40s.

People had a stupid amount of kids back then.