Childhood is preferring the beef

>childhood is preferring the beef
>adulthood is realizing the broccoli was better all along

The broccoli is only good for a few hours after initial preparation though. Reheating it turns it into a soppy, disgusting mess. The meat keeps way better.

Cook the meat separately, add raw broccoli afterwards.

>Being this close to being a vegan

>childhood - you're not affected by vegan meme, you eat what you like including meat
>adulthood - you're affected by vegan meme, you eat what others told you to eat

no-one is a born vegan

I enjoy both but the broccoli definitely gets coated in sauce better than the meat
That little bush on top is a sauce magnet

Isn't this the girl who was married to the heavily injured/disfigured marine? Then she left him and he became a drug addict and died after slipping on ice?

did chef john go too far

Yea shit I think you're right. You have a good eye for USMC Sgt. Vader pics user

I'm a vegan five and a half days a week (cheat days are cheat days lol), but that vegan brocc needs more steak

Yes. All brassicas should be cooked to an emerald green, not seared.

>childhood is eating meat
>adulthood is realizing veganism is the correct way

Always liked broccoli, never got the broccoli tastes bad meme when there are dozens of worse tasting vegetables

Never understood why cartoons always tried to make broccoli like some sort of Antichrist of vegetables when its really one of the most versatile and tastiest.

beat you to it faggot, now begone

I can understand it if you grew up with white Anglosphere baby boomer parents who literally just serve plain broccoli.
In fact I think that's where most of the hatred for vegetables in Western kids comes from. Baby boomers seem completely unaware of the concept of spices or sauces other than fucking ketchup. Go to any other non-Anglosphere countries and they seem to understand that vegetables actually taste good if you put the tiniest bit of effort into preparing them.

>meat is fine after reheating
t. microwave ameriburger enthusiasts

Fucking this. I grew up knowing people who thought broccoli tasted bad and was only prepared boiled or some shit. Without fail, they were all raised by baby boomers who couldn't cook, and thought that kraft mac and cheese was actually good, and consider it some kind of comfort food. The kind of people who think a salad was a head of iceburg lettuce with a gallon of ranch dressing dumped on it.

Literally all of the problems with american cuisine are caused by the baby boomer generation, because they couldn't be assed to learn how to cook food that didn't come from a can unless it was some kind of dessert.

Most american chinese joints have gotten so lazy and so entrenched in cost cutting that you'd be hard pressed to even find a place that will serve you beef & brocolli with fresh instead of frozen broccoli. That goes for any vegetable, they just buy industrial sized bags of very shoddily sliced frozen vegetables.

>childhood is fantasizing about being a furry
>adulthood is getting a dog, fadding it and fucking it

Well that wouldn't be a problem if you just ATE YOUR FUCKING VEGETABLES user.