Is this the peak knife aesthetics?

Is this the peak knife aesthetics?

Absolutely disgusting. The circles make it look diseased, and what is this fake patina shit?

>i know nothing about blade forging: the post.

That's a stainless steel knife that has been pattern welded and hammered.

It's kind of neat, but I think it would look better if the handle was darker. Does the patterning on the blade actually do anything, or is it just for looks?

cymbal hammered, pattern welded idiot fuckery is the best metal.

European Damascus is superior.
t. Forged in Fire Champion who went home with a cheque for $10,000.

pre ten tious

>he doesn't know about tsuchime finish
I bet you buy your knives from IKEA, pleb.

That's a shitty Amway blade at best.

Big deal, they have a 'champion' every week and the judges are faggots, especially that runty little Asian fuck.

machine peening with a concave grind before the edge? What does that tell you?

Post proof nigger

t. the "luthier" guy

I'd like to think my Henckels are, but to each their own.

Class setup you have there.
Looks good.

Thanks, guy. That used to be my work set, there's a few missing from it. An old Four Star bread knife and an off-brand paring knife.
I got tired of lugging all that shit around to work and back, so I bought a Wusthof Kiritsuke and use it for everything now.

I do need a new steel tho, never considered using the two stage on mine, and the rivets are getting loose now.
Anybody have a personal recommendation?

Dude, just act if the emperor has clothes man, it's just so much easier.

>not the Zwilling 1731

this is

Fake Damascus is such bullshit to be quite honest. But I'm personally too much of a pussy to try and maintain better metal than stainless or a variation of stainless steel (Ginsan, VG10, et al).

Aogami and Blues are probably some of the most beautiful blades out there.

Sexy.
Classic design.

>$450 US on sale

no thanks

Food release.
The small divots provide enough air in-between the surface of the knife, and the produce to make the food easier to release

Heartwarmingly rustic.

that's just a shitty knife

iv just moved into a new place and am looking to buy a decent chefs knife as my go to blade. anyone got any recommendations? im from the UK and i do not really want top spend anymore than £75

You live in Pittsburg and haven't ever touched a real piece of wood or metal, am I right? You just sound like the worst urban human piece of garbage that doesn't understand skill or any form of beauty.

Is that what is wrong with you? You're a human error?

Wow that's magnificenr

Victorinox, if you're feeling fancy you can get a non stainless and a stone from japan for that price but it's more work to maintain

where'd you go, human shit person. I need someone to talk to.

Christ, where's my SHIT PERSON!? I need you.

I don't like the blend of the two patterns, aesthetically speaking. Profile is sexy as fuck though.

Post prize winning blade.

No this is the peak

I know just enough to make myself sound like an idiot: the post
No, it's for looks. The divots need to be much closer to the edge to have any practical effect. Look at Mac or Glestain blades for an example of how it's done

>high carbon german stainless steel
>X50CrMoV15
>0,5 % carbon