How many people here actually cook real meals for themselves...

How many people here actually cook real meals for themselves? Scrolling through the catalog I only see 10-11 actual cooking posts/tutorials out of all these posts. I came here trying to learn about cooking. I'm unfortunately more knowledgeable about fast food. Thanks to the people that actually posted their recipes and techniques and pictures. Veeky Forums needs more of this.

great thread faggot

I used a chuck cut to make beef burritos last night. I also made a scratch salsa (more of a pico really). Came out okay. Only interesting thing I did was throw two sprigs of thyme into the salsa while I cooked it down and it came out good. I made too much though so I'm trying to think of ways to re-purpose it.

Yeah, I cool nearly every meal from scratch.

I rarely bother to take pics though. I don't think its anything special or pic-worthy, it's just normal everyday life.

Pic related. Ever made gyoza before? They are super fucking easy!

shrimp, ginger, pork, and green onions.

>>he cooked his salsa

what's wrong with you?

Put ingredients in food processor.

Grate ginger. Add juice to the other ingredients in the food processor.

Posting recipes and tutorials doesn't get you as many (you)s as shit posting, trolling or memeing.

Pulse!

Who cares though? "yous" are irrelevant.

Assembly time! Wipe edge of a gyoza wrapper with a little water. Apply a spoonful of filling. Fold closed. Repeat.

Eh, it was too much water in the tomatoes, they were soft, so I wanted to reduce it down a bit. I chilled it afterwards and let it mend for about 12 hours. You had to be there I guess.

Before cooking. Notice my certified whiteboy folding technique!

Nope, sure haven't but it looks great. I'd like to try it. Thanks for the photos.

Next time just use a kitchen towel to press out the extra water.

Cooked salsa/pico is an abomination.

Deep fry ~2 min at 375F

I didn't take pics of the obligatory dipping sauce. That's just sesame oil, soy sauce, and rice vinegar. Or use the sauce of your choice!

>"yous" are irrelevant

Fuck the money, jewels, cars and accessories, when you die the only thing you really own are your (you)s

I guess it's food and cooking + is on Veeky Forums.

Threads about fast food are not only more common than if this wasn't Veeky Forums, but they're also on topic.

I'm with you though I'm here for the cooking part.

I prefer to rough chop and mix by hand but this method seems to be the most popular now.

Another cook here.
I make about 90% of my meals from scratch, the other 10% is the occasional fish and chips when I can't be bothered to cook.

This week I've made a 6 portion turkey madras, a 4 portion autumnal beetroot sweet tater and feta salad, a 4 portion spag bol, and 4 portions of butternut squash and sage soup with cumin and cinnamon roast vegetables.

I'm definitely planning on doing a cook along sometime, not sure what to cook though...

Do you think a curry or from scratch fish and chips would go down well?

I wish you had take some pics of the steps between those two pics

Every single day fgt. Whenever I eat out it's at proper restaurants, too. Not everyone here is an obese neet Fastfood fag

You're a cool dude. I prefer mine Japanese style (steamed in a pan until all water evaporates) but yours look Ray good ngl

A curry would be great!

>deep frying gyozas
Subhuman tier.
To do it properly you cook pan dry it with some oil then add some water and cover for a minute so the upper part is steamed.

/thread

One of my favorite things to cook with are egg roll wrappers. They are a perfect vehicle for so many things. Pizza rolls- roll up a mozzarella stick with 3-4 pieces of pepperoni. Chicken cordon bleu- roll up cooked leftover chicken, ham, swiss. Make dipping sauces like marinara, honey mustard, etc. So many combinations. Try to keep the ingredients as dry as possible. You don't want a lot of moisture in the egg roll. You can bake, fry, or air fry them.

I cook 90-95% of my meals. I should post more tutorials and recipes than I do I guess. It's just everyday food tho, nothing fancy or anything. Figured no one really have a shit about it. I do have a really good appetizer recipe for buffalo chicken dip I would like to share. I don't have it in front of me but when I get home this PM if the thread is still up I'll post it. Its fabulous.

Had a few min, Here ya go

Buffalo chicken dip:

Serves 8

Ingredients

1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature

2 cups cooked chicken, shredded (canned or fresh)

1 1/2 cups assorted cheeses (cheddar and monterey), shredded ( I'm all about the cheddar)

1 cup buffalo sauce, divided ( I use franks)

2/3 cup ranch dressing

1/2 cup sour cream

tortilla chips, as needed
Directions

Preheat oven to 400ยบ F.

In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, ranch and sour cream. Mix together until mostly smooth.

In another bowl, Combine chicken with 2/3 cup buffalo sauce and mix together.

Spread cream cheese mixture out in the bottom of a 9-inch round baking dish and then cover with buffalo chicken mixture.

Top with remaining buffalo sauce, then sprinkle cheeses evenly over the top.
Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
Serve immediately with tortilla chips and enjoy!

(Recipe adapted from Spend With Pennies)

I cook every night for myself. I never buy snacks intentionally so that I don't have an option. My stuff is pretty amaturish but I enjoy it.

I'm studying to qualify for the red seal and I will NEVER stop shitposting

>How many people here actually cook real meals for themselves?

I cook regularly. I just don't post pictures often. Breakfast, lunch, dinner. Not everything is from scratch. For instance I buy pasta noodles, I'm not fucking around with making my own. I have more important stuff to do.

Sample would be
Breakfast
Eggs, bacon, toast or yogurt mess bowl

Lunch
Tuna sandwich or a bean burrito from left over pintos

Dinner
Spaghetti with salad and bread as a side or smothered pork chops and rice, etc.

I make one cake or pie a week

YO FUCK COOKING