What makes Pepsi different from Coke...

What makes Pepsi different from Coke? I rarely drink either but I prefer Pepsi because of a sort of distinct flavor it has. I can't put my finger on what the flavor is though. Does anyone know what it is?

Other urls found in this thread:

encyclopizzeria.com/pizzology/rc-cola-and-chicago-pizza/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's sweeter, basically.

Both awful colas. Coke doesn't taste like kola nut at all, and Pepsi is sickly sweet.

Pepsi=too sweet
Coke=God's drink of choice

Pepsi definitely tastes different. I prefer the less sugary taste of Coke. I’m sure it’s just related to the difference in recipe. It’s like two cheese pizzas tasting different.

The main difference is that Coke has no Citrix acid that gives it a missing crisp taste that Pepsi has.

Coke, esspecially when warm taste like a bar of soap. It's nasty. Without citric acid, it taste basic, flat, and it taste bitter
When severed cold, it doesn't really matter, but when it's slightly warm, it's unpalatable.

If used for mix I go for Coke. If its to drink as is I chose Pepsi.
So I drink strictly Coke.

I've heard they use a bit of vanilla with Pepsi. Idk though, I don't drink it.

To me Coke tastes like it has some kind of spice added to it where as Pepsi is just more of a sweet cola flavor. I may be way off but that's just what I notice. They are far enough apart to where I like both for their own reasons and they don't taste similar in any way to me.

The preference is how much you drink
Pepsi is better for a small taste, coke is better if you want to actually drink a reasonable amount.
Pepsi is sweeter, almost sickly sweet, and becomes too much if you have more than like 4 fluid ounces

Coke and pepsi have changed a lot since I was a kid. Overall full coke has a nicer taste but has terrible low calorie versions but pepsi is a terrible mixer for drinks.
I remember liking coke before they removed all of the sugar and then switched to pepsi because it was sweeter. Then when pepsi lost the sugar it lost most of its flavour and I went back to coke.

Coca cola definitely feels more full bodied to me, while Pepsi is sharper and stronger in other ways. But they both taste best chilled and there's barely any difference then. You can taste the difference the warmer they are and then they taste like shit.

Quebec soda is the superior choice buddy.

I disagree. They taste distinctly different to me even when cold. Pepsi is sweeter and also a bit more acidic, almost like it contains both corn syrup and aspartame. Coke has a richer, deeper flavor, almost like a hint of caramel or molasses. I personally think Coke is better, but Pepsi is still good and I'll enjoy it from time to time. Pepsi is absolute shit for mixed drinks though, never get a rum and Pepsi.

Slightly different aromatics added to the sugar solution.

It looks like a bottle of cheap soy sauce

I always though Pepsi was sweeter, too sweet for me desu
I very rarely drink cola nowadays, but when I do I go for some premium shit with genuine kola nuts, like Fritz, Chaikola or Fentiman's. the difference is day and night

I like Pepsi cuz it has a more crisp feel when drinking.
Coke has a really foamy feel which I don't prefer

While Pepsi does taste a bit more crisp than Coke, it's still disgustingly sweet in comparison. Although I could also argue that Coke can sometimes taste a little bitter on account of the corn syrup used. That's why I preferably go for Mexican Coke.

I was curious about this. Does Coke with sugar instead of corn syrup taste a lot better? My main gripe with American soda is that it tastes so syrupy, I dont like the texture

I know for a fact Pepsi is more acidic. Other than that, it probably has most of the same ingredients but in different amounts.

I don't get why people say pepsi tastes sweeter, even if pepsi has more sugar the difference to me is that it's more acidic/tangy which is why I prefer it over coke. actually coke tastes sweeter to me

Coke is more sugary tasting, Pepsi is more syrupy tasting.
I enjoy both equally.
both are worse tasting in a plastic bottle, but nice from a can.
Coca-Cola is best from a cold glass bottle, and Pepsi is best in a glass with ice

t. soda addict who probably gets through around 6-10 cans of coke/pepsi a week for 15 years+

Honestly no, it's nearly exactly the same. Still very syrupy and sticks to your mouth

God tier
>fountain soda in a glass with ice
Mid tier
>Mexican coke
Toothless hick tier
>anything else

Are people that like pepsi unable to taste one of the ingredients or something? It tastes like fucking magnesium carbonate mixed with sugar water

Pepsi is over carbonated, sweet and watery.

Coke has a more refreshing bite, it's still sweet but it has better balance, the carbonation is pretty good but it has to be drank in one sitting.
If you drink half a bottle of coke and put the lid back on then save it for later the fizz levels drop significantly and can be unpleasant.

Pepsi is great for spicy food because of its sweetness. Coke gets bitter with spicy hot dishes. On its own or with anything else I'd prefer Coke.

Pepsi is too sweet,
Coke way too carbonated imo.
I prefer fanta.

Pespi is just water downed Coke

Coke is smooth, goes down easy and satisfyingly. Pepsi is an overly sweet cheap imitation.

I noticed that everyone likes fanta as a kid, but almost noone likes it as an adult

I prefer Pepsi because Coke leaves an awful aftertaste in my mouth

I've heard that Pepsi was concocted to taste like unchilled coca cola, which was standard before refrigeration was household
could very well be bullshit, but I believe it

Pepsi to me is sweeter and less carbonated, and less crisp.

Coke also seems to have more spices in its flavor mix.

I prefer Coke.

What's a good cola?

Same desu.

I've seen a lot of people saying pepsi is sweeter, but I tend to disagree. Whenever I taste Coke the first thing I notice is the overwhelming sweetness. I guess comparing Coke to Pepsi is like comparing white wine to red wine. Two different experiences

Mexican/Jew> Coke>Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi>RC>Cherry Coke> Diet Coke> Pepsi >Caffeine Free Diet Coke> Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi

RC is the best cola, faggots.

you disgust me

encyclopizzeria.com/pizzology/rc-cola-and-chicago-pizza/

I have nothing to add besides this being a fun read.

Fuck that stuff is so nice

It's just cola leaf, sugar, syrups, and carbonated water.

Pepsi just has more sugar.

coke is more crisp than pepsi