Got given a pumpkin, no idea what variety. What would you do with a fresh one besides the obvious pumpkin soup or pie?

Got given a pumpkin, no idea what variety. What would you do with a fresh one besides the obvious pumpkin soup or pie?

pumpkin soup is a fool proof option

This.

Tempura is another option.

Perfect, I never would have thought of that.

Some of it will definitely go into soup, but it's big enough to make a couple different things.

Roasted pumpkin is good.

Looks like a Blue Hubbard winter squash more than a pumpkin. Can grow to pumpkin sizes pretty easily.

Pumpkin cookies are GOAT.

This. Or a thick pumpkin soup.

Why not roasted pumpkin soup?

Make homemade pumpkin spice lattes

If you want to go simple, pan-fry the rind in butter and season it with salt and nutmeg. Get it nice and tender with a little sear on the outside.

pumpkin bread, son

Error: You must wait longer before posting a new thread.

[Return]1. Grimes
2. Royksopp
3. Motown
4. gritty Rolling Stones
5. John Cale
How long must I wait?

Looks like mould

I've made a cake before with pumpkin. It tasted pretty good.

pumpkin salad with orange and cinnemon

Fresh pumpkin cheesecake with caramel sauce and sweeten sour cream.

Just fry the actual skin?

Curry. Pumpkin hash. Risotto. Pickle it. Make a sweet puree for crepes.

You could also makr a cold spread if you roast it and add blend it with garlic, some cream cheese or feta and spices. Tastes awesome on a toast.

>9482641 cont.
Shit, son, you could even juice it, or use it as a stuffing base for meat. There are over 9000 possibilities.

Cut a hole in it and Fuck it

Well, my oven's fucked so the roast pumpkin soup is out.

Use it anywhere you would use squash. I like squash with cauliflower and green beans in butter and curry spices.

The easiest way is to just roast in large pieces, skin on, with some brown sugar though.

Then your only option is steaming. Put the shells in the microwave face down on a plate with a pool of water underneath.

Afterwards you can pan fry it to develop some flavor.

But you should save some plain steamed mashed pumpkin for pumpkin pie. Pumpkin pie is really good as long as you use heavy cream instead of the usual evaporated milk.