How do you like to cook your fish?

How do you like to cook your fish?

Depends on the fish. Some, like hamachi or tuna, are best raw. Some are great roast, or pan seared, or braised, or poached.

I maintain that flounder is best battered and deep fried.

I live more than 1,000 km away from the sea so eating sea fish raw might not be a good idea.

>I live more than 1,000 km away from the sea
You might be better off sticking to river fish.

If it's been frozen for at least 48 hours it's actually pretty safe if you defrost it. A lot of bulk stores have tuna and salmon flash frozen.

I like redfish on the grill. Head tail off / deboned but scales/skin still on. I use loads of lemon. Then grill scale side down with lemon butter and garlic. When it's done it lifts right off. It's wonderful.

Redfish on the half shell is some of the best fish a person could eat.

PROTIP: There are fish in rivers.

filet the fish, salt pepper garlic, a lot of butter. wala

Deep fried in corn/rice/starch flour mix tempura saltine crackers with side of white rice furkaki and pickled jalapeno mayo sauce.

not him but what river fish would you even eat raw?

crab stuffed and broiled is pretty good too

None

Naked

I usually pan-fry blue fish with seasonings but I want to start using breading instead.

I stick it on some aluminium foil and place it in my driveway. Then I squat over it with a lighter and fart shooting flames all over it. I do that maybe 3 or 4 times and it has a nice charred skin and the flesh isn't overdone.

I also enjoy lightly beer battered and fried or cooked whole in foil on a barbecue or over coals.

>eating fish raw
enjoy your intestinal parasites

if you are in the right place.. S A L M O N

I stand corrected

how do you debone sardines

True story, in Tasmania we eat raw salmon farmed on a river.

on a bed of ginger rice with fried summer squash. It's just pickerel

That depends a lot on the fish. Grew up eating a lot of cod and the best way to have that it to salt it first; cut a nice fat one into a few pieces, put them in a bowl or bucket on a bed of coarse salt and cover them with more salt. Leave it covered in a cool place for as long as you like. I usually give it a week but it'll last much longer.
Rinse the salt off the pieces and put them in cold water. How long and how often you change the water depends a lot on the size of the pieces. Anywhere from 6 hours in one bath to 24 hours with several changes.
Then you boil the fish and have it with potatoes and a white mother sauce with mustard mixed in. Fried bacondice on the side.

Very flaky and delicious. Keep some beer on hand, though, because you'll get thirsty.