I know it smells funny but, how would you describe the taste of blue cheese?

I know it smells funny but, how would you describe the taste of blue cheese?

I've never tried it, sucks to be lactose intolerant

Other urls found in this thread:

stevecarper.com/li/list_of_lactose_percentages.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bleu cheese is made with rennet. It should have no effect on the lactose intolerant.

My nutriologist still told me to avoid it thougj

If you are lactose intolerant and not allergic to other compounds in dairy then you are fine. The active ingredient in rennet is the enzyme lactase; which, as I'm sure we all know from intro bio -ases eat -oses, means that in cheese made with rennet has the lactOSES have been consumed by the lactASES.

Sharp, tangy, somewhat fruity, fermented.

It's exquisite OP. Truly one of the world's greatest foods and one of my favorite types of cheese

Seems like cheese in general contain much less lactose than I thought.
Maybe you can try some and see how you tolerate it, OP?

he's a moron then.
Most fermented cheese are lactose free.

Nutritionists will tell you a shit load of things if they think you'll pay them for it. The real question is which of the rats can be trusted.

This but I taste creaminess also.

Nutritionists are fuckin retards because they all either believe in shit they didn't do research on themselves and repeat what they were told, or some weird Eastern medicine ideas that have no place in an actual medical setting.

cheese that has been exposed to bacteria has very little lactose. What do you think those bugs are eating anyways?

Try bleu cheese with hot wings. It's the best way to eat it.

I think one of the words you're looking for is 'ammonia'.

autism

>how would you describe the taste of blue cheese?

sour and disgusting

The milk?

Not all of them are; some of them are actually qualified as dieticians, meaning that they actually have studied the subject scientifically. Even then, it's dangerously easy for them to overstep their bounds when they want to stand out from all the other experts telling you to eat a balanced diet and maintain hydration.

Welp, you heard him, average threads are autism now. I'll start passing around the badges.

tangy

No only cheese exposed to rennet. Which explains why yogurt has as much lactose as milk hereYes. And lactose is the sugar component of milk

It's the blast of ketones up the back of your nose smell of over ripe fruit combined with smooth fat and sharp salt on your tongue. You could try durian with a bit of salt for a similar experience.

A decent blue cheese should make your tongue tingle a little bit because of the enzymes in the cheese and mold. The white part is decently creamy, but still a little earthy. The mold part (green and blue) doesn't seem to taste like a whole lot, really similar to mushrooms. Mostly just earthy.

On the lactose intolerance, the aged cheeses are known to have MUCH less lactose in them and lactose intolerant people can sometimes eat them without much discomfort. Cheese like an old parmesan, and even blue/roquefort can be easy on a person with such a condition. Have you tried the lactose pills that help when you intend on eating lactose foods? I knew a girl that used them and it lessened the problems usually that came with eating pizza.

Sometimes you can get lucky and find a small slice of bleu for relatively cheap. My local whole foods has an "under $2" box for wedges of cheese. Couldn't hurt just to try.

Can you go away
I've seen you on like 4 different threads now

like mold

stevecarper.com/li/list_of_lactose_percentages.htm

> Anything below 2% lactose can be tolerated well by the majority of those with LI. As long as you don't really overdo it.

Blue - 0.0-2.5%

I think you're fine. I myself am lactose intolerant and consume plenty of blue cheese.

it's awesome on a burger with grilled onions and bacon

Dietician 1 : eat balanced. Calories in, calories out. Drink water.
Dietician 2 : eat balanced. Calories in, calories out. Drink water.
Dietician 3 : eat balanced. Calories in, calories out. Drink water.
Dietician 4 : eat balanced. Calories in, calories out. Drink water.
Dietician 5 : SHOVE BANANAS UP YOUR ARSE
Dietician 6 : eat balanced. Calories in, calories out. Drink water.
Dietician 7 : eat balanced. Calories in, calories out. Drink water.
News : Dietician found new miraculous diet with bananas, you won't believe how to take them!

As a faggot it literally tastes like the worst parts of a dick