-oven takes forever to preheat and ends up taking an hour to cook things

-oven takes forever to preheat and ends up taking an hour to cook things
-pan-frying requires getting up every few minutes to stir

is there any golden cooking device for lazy impatient people like myself?

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.Veeky
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Your ass' best bet is the microwave

Do all microwaves turn food into rubber or is it just mine?

Pic related. Heats quickly and evenly and leaves food crisp.

THIS

If you can fit it in, you can cook it in this bad boy

You know you can do the ingredient prepping while the pan/oven heats up, right?

Would it really be that hard to build a smart oven that adds a little bit of time according to how long it takes to heat up?

Say you have to bake for 30min at 300.
Could you not make an oven that would cook it in, say, 42 minutes without needing to preheat?
Easier than preheating for 15 minutes and then baking the full 30, even if it only saves a few minutes

How is that easier?

The gradual accumulation of heat as the oven heats up to the required temperature still seeps into the food and cuts down the total bake time.

buy a home deep fryer and just never turn it off. keep the oil always at 350 and dump in whatever shitty fried food you want.

Don't cook shit on high power. You don't cook everything in your oven at max heat or high heat in the stove do you?

you can just add +15 minutes to your timer to take into consideration the preheating time. I'm just annoyed that I often end up so hungry that I have to eat something else while my food cooks in the oven.
That's called a Toaster Oven right? I might try it.

>-oven takes forever to preheat

Just whack the food in straight up (or give it a cursory 30 seconds warmup at least) then add 5 minutes to the cooking time.
(Or not cos I hate things being overdone and dry)
t. a fellow lazy man

Some foods provide poor results if exposed to low heat for too long, especially baked goods. Additionally what you're talking about kind of exists. Commercial combination ovens start heating gently in the main chamber and also superheating the air in a separate chamber, as well as boiling water for steam injection. You set the temperature and humidity desired and it basically instantly reaches it.

How many ovens take 15 minutes to heat up.
Even at my awful student house with an electric oven from the 1970s, it was 5-10 minutes tops for full temp

Gas is up in under 5

mine is fan-forced and is the cheapest one I could find, might have something to do with it.

Not even nearly as easy as you seem to think.

I love cooking things that take all day in the oven or on the stove top or both.

I thought that is what Sunday is for?

It takes 5 minutes to get a saucepan of water to cooking temperature then you can switch off the hob and leave whatever you are cooking in the water to simmer, no micromanagement needed. Often you can fill it with water and start heating it up before you add the ingredients.

Small things like spaghetti will be done in 20 minutes. For whole potatoes or a big chunk of meat you might want to raise the temperature again and let it simmer for longer.

Little micromanagement needed, water transfers the heat quickly.

mootnotes: Boiled meat is not very tasty though you're not boiling it, get a kitchen thermometer and make sure the temperature is about 70c (160f) or 80c (175f) and only fill the pan with as much water as is needed and add a stockpot. An electric hob will continue to transfer heat to the pan when off, sometimes it only takes 20 minutes. A jug of water is useful for adjusting water levels. Keep the lid on for efficiency.

for baking, you need a steady, high temp throughout. if you had a gradual increase and then a steady temp, it wouldn't bake correctly.

just buy a bunch of those Lonely Man dinners and slightly overcook them, they'll come out a bit crispier than they do if you follow the directions

ovens take longer to cook things but its not like you have to stand over it the entire time.

just learn how to use a timer.

this could work

A wife?

Huh.
Never knew.

boards.Veeky Forums.org/soc

at least with the oven you can do other stuff while it's cooking

Cooking you can just stick it in without preheating, as long as your pan can handle the direct heat of the oven trying to heat it up as much as possible in the smallest amount of time (so not glass), but with baking the temperature from the beginning matters, since things need to rise and then quickly cook enough to stay that way, or all the fat melts out before it's done, or they get soggy instead of crisp, or the middle cooks before the edges, etc.