Gin

Hey Veeky Forums, there's a rum thread up and all of you are alcoholics so I was curious, what are your favorite gins?

Pic related, I got this recently and it was pretty fucking good.

My partner also likes Sapphire.

Other urls found in this thread:

distillery.bombaysapphire.com/files/Cocktails/PDFs/TheLaverstoke.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's local but it's also delicious.

Tried a sip of a friend's gin tonic for the first time at a bar about a week ago, and it was one of the best things I ever drank. I'm pretty sure they use shit gin too, since they use bargin-bin shit for their other cocktails.

Is Gordon's any decent to start off with? I could buy Bombay Sapphire or Beefeater which seem like your more standard everyman's brand, but those seem to have gotten raped way harder by import tax for some reason.

stay in your /alc/ containment thread, you lush.

any gin works in a gin and tonic

Bloom and Silent Pool are my favourites - I tend to prefer floral notes in my gin

I'd say Bombay Sapphire is significantly better than standard Beefeater or Gordons. Here in the UK, there's not that much difference in price either. Where are you from?

Hendrick's is my overall favorite
Black Fox Cucumber is #2
Ungava is #3

I have had a whole bunch of others, but those are my favorites worth mentioning.

My wife is just coming back from a trip and will be bringing 6 or 7 new bottles of gin to try that we have never had before.

Argentina. There's also this local gin made by some quasi-famous bartender called "Prince of the Apostles" in a really tryhard bottle, but I don't trust it and it costs almost as much as imported stuff.

Personally Bombay Sapphire is the only gin I have ever had that I genuinely did not like. Literally every other gin I have enjoyed, and gin is my favorite liquor.

Fair enough. I haven't had it in a G&T for a while actually, just because there are so many others out there to try. I think it does mix in cocktails superbly though. There's a cocktail of their own creation that does a great job of highlighting the botanicals in their gin:

distillery.bombaysapphire.com/files/Cocktails/PDFs/TheLaverstoke.pdf

They also make a different gin called Star of Bombay. It's also nice, but actually works better neat imo

Gordan's is a perfectly fine gin, a bit bland and the juniper isn't really all there but you can make some great G&Ts with gordons.

The main complaint I see about Gordon's is that it's watered down too much. Its ABV is 37.5% in many markets, while other brands are usually at least 40%.

If that's the case, just go for a bottle of Gordons. As the above posters said, it mixes well and it's not the worst gin.

Shame there's not more choice over there. I'm lucky to be in the UK where there's a ridiculous amount of gin distilleries and even the major supermarkets stock some interesting ones.

>Ungava is #3

I've always ignored Ungava because of the colour. Might have to give it a try at some point.

It could have easily been Tanq, I have been to shitty dive bars that have bottom shelf everything but always default to Tanq in their G&T. It's nice because that is IMO the best gin to go with tonic.

I drink a ton of Tanqueray, I've not had anything local but Tanq is my favorite regular brand. Bombay Sapphire is too plain, more like vodka than gin.

beefeater, but i'm biased, because it was my grandmother's favorite.

I remember my grandparents drinking Beefeater with soda water when I was a kid. Both died years ago, but I only tried it this year. Wish I'd tried it sooner.

speaking of local-
This stuff (left) is pretty good. I haven't tried it, yet, but I have some of their holiday gin (right), too.

Did I just waste a load of money

I like brokers london dry

>Manchester Turkish Delight Gin

Top tier. An acquired taste, though.

Just tried Gin.

Gin > Vodka

So much easier to drink.

Currently drinking this stuff, it's not bad at all.

One of the best ones i've had.

Get good tonic water by the way, random supermarket brands are a bit mehhh

One thing I noticed is how pronounced cucumber slices are in a tonic, they add an extreme freshness to it

Had some Tanqueray last night, not bad, a good go-to I spose

Hendrick's is my fav more expensive one though.

I'll second a recommendation for this, especially if you enjoy spicy notes in gin. It's also very reasonably priced in the UK.

Sounds awful imo, but each to their own. That must be a gin liqueur though - see that it's only 18.7%. If you picked it up in Manchester, try Three Rivers gin next time.

Agree with this, Sapphire is too understated. It was literally designed to shill gin to the vodka crowd.

Tanq is my standard as well. I like Broker's when I get a bit more fancy.

Any TN fags should try this. They mostly make whiskey (which I haven't tried) but this is my go to gin

The cheap stuff from Aldi. Literally need nothing better. It beat £40 bottles in contests.

>Hook up with legit attractive with life together girl from Tinder
>She leaves this in my car
>Couple days of talking
>Nothing really in common
>Kept the gin
>tfw fell in love with gin

you must be British

heard about that one, still waiting for it to hit the mainland

>Tanqueray is a vile pine-bomb
>Tanqueray № 10 is delicious

Get your shit together, Tanq, what are you doing?

I got a nice bonus last winter and, after seeing you faggots push it in every thread, decided to try a bottle to celebrate.

Most underwhelming beverage I've ever tasted.
I dumped 1/6 of it down the drain and gave up on alcohol shortly afterwards (just like Skyrim and Vidya)

Du har bra smak!

I like the St. George Terrior and Botanivore gins quite a lot. I think they've taken my top two spots for favorite liquors.

How to get into Bugerland

>love a good Tom Collins
>no bartender at any local or dive bars that my buddies and I normally frequent ever knows wtf that is

How the fuck

Also:

>gin (beefeater or tanqueray)
>grapefruit juice
>soda water

fucking love

and for martinis it's beefeater, dry with a twist

Watershed Bourbon Barrel Gin. Only Gin worth sipping straight

Do you know who makes it? I'm assuming they probably contract it out to a pre-existing gin maker. The bottle design looks a lot like the UK Gordon's bottles, though that could just be Aldi trying to ride some coattails.

That is the aldi wonder gin?

It's distilled somewhere in the Netherlands.
While it's not a bad gin, I do find it surprising that it was handed a load of awards. It's hard to refuse it at that price but I wouldn't place it above any £20+ bottles that I can think of.

That's hard to imagine. Whereabouts are you?

>St. George Terrior
I've bought this as a gift for someone else but never tried it myself. It sounds amazing though, plus I've not tried any gins out of the U.S.

I've heard a lot of disappointed reactions to this one