Huevos Rancheros

I made huevos rancheros this morning since i don't have class on fridays. It was more fun than i expected.

I wanted to go to a brunch place down the street but their huevos rancheros was $14 plus tip. I can't afford that shit. I don't cook often so this was intimidating at first. The ingredients cost me bout $12 and I can make a couple of these without buying more ingredients.

Whatcha think?

ingredients

Just call it ranch style eggs. Do you call every rice and chicken dish arriz con pollo?

need some sour cream in there. and refried beans next time.

also, the beans are technically supposed to be on the side and the egg and small corn tortilla fried together in the pan to melt into one thing, but the way you did it is how I actually grew up with them.

maybe not every rice and chicken dish, but those that come from latin/hispanic cultures, yea??

why r u soooo mad??

he's threatened by brown people. hence all his trolling in this thread.

Or maybe I'm threatened by the white "people" appropriating my culture and calling any mildly spicy egg dish huevos rancheros.

You should feel threatened.
Now go back.

Once I finish this can of beans im gunna try some refried beans on the side instead.
I may try the tortilla fried to the egg. Sounds a little advanced for me. By the time I was half way through the meal, the tortillas in the center were soggy, yet the edges remained crispy. I'm wondering what the solution would be. Fry them crispier/longer?

I use corn tortillas. It's pretty much
>Tortilla
>Beans
>Eggs
>Salsa

Pretty easy to make and it's good

What defines huevos rancheros specifically?

Nice LARP as an hispanic /pol/tard. You have to go back to

>Or maybe I'm threatened by the white "people" appropriating my culture and calling any mildly spicy egg dish huevos rancheros.

this... fuck whites. esp white women, they're the fucking worst.

I hope this is bait

It looks like a hot mess but I bet it was good as fuck. Would eat

Fake american bastard idiot copy

Use corn tortillas next time.Get rid of those black beans and make you're own dam salsa.

Ranch-style sauce on eggs.
Salsa Ranchera is tomatoes, chiles, and spices cooked together and served warm.

I hope it is some college Freshman poorfag that is embarking on a lifelong love of cooking that happens to be proud of one of the first dishes they cooked.

>Fry the tortillas until almost tostada but not quite. Think al dente

>fuck these retards. spread the beans on the cooked tortilla, egg, cheese, salsa in that order if you want to make them correctly and authentic. Do not add sour cream

>spread the beans on the cooked tortilla
if you want, but the basic version is fried tortilla, egg, and salsa
>no sour cream
go die in a hole

>I don't cook often so this was intimidating at first. The ingredients cost me bout $12 and I can make a couple of these without buying more ingredients.

You gain wisdom my son. Cooking is like driving or fucking; I'm awesome at all these things because I've had heaps of experience.

As time goes by, you will too. The more you do the better you will get, and you'll save money too. I save money by home cooking to a high standard, and not needing prostitutes because women appreciate a man who can juggle pastrami flaps with his tongue.

Looks like trash how did it taste?

Your culture is mine, pablo. Better go figure out a different way to organize your breakfast food.

>captcha pepe gate

doesn't look bad, I'd eat it. Not sure why Veeky Forums is being retarded over this while at the same time worshiping mcdonalds.

I wouldn't call this huevos rancheros, but it looks tasty.

Because you have sense, unlike the faggot gringos protecting this bullshit.

>I made huevos rancheros this morning

No you really didn't.

cus this involves brown people and your average 4chinner shitposter is often enough a trump kid

looks fine aside from the canned beans

There's a fairly large contingent of Veeky Forums that's anti-trump though, since people interested in food and cooking generally have open minds about other cultures.

but who's more outspoken on the chans?

The recipes for all Texmex food came written on the back of the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo (along with a coupon for discounted lawn services).

WHY DO YOU HAVE TO ADD CHEESE YOU RETARDES FAGGOTS. REEEEE
LOOK AT FUCKING PIC RELATED YOU RETARD.

its because all the line cooks that actually work in the industry for a living are mexicans

Did you put the cheese under the beans?

How the fuck did you spend $12 to make this?
You could have made everything from scratch and reduce the price a lot

But I guess you could make several batches with $12

He's the type of retard who buys San Pellegrino and doesn't cook much despite being broke. Are you really that surprised that he doesn't know how to shop?

Bad bait

How did this cost $12? I can go to the store and get all that for under $6 on a good day.

the most expensive thing in that entire image is the salsa which proves the OP being a fucking idiot.

he's not poor, just retarded

Costs literally $1 in Mexico.

>literally
>$1
they dont use dollars in mexico, genius

eggs 1.50
cheese 4.00
beans 1.50
tortillas 2.00
salsa probably 3.00
not him, but for my area being pretty conservative like i was that's ten bucks
living hurts