Is this the most overrated fast food place?

Is this the most overrated fast food place?

It tastes alright but yeah, it is.
Went there once, I thought it was fucking expensive for what it was, and it wasn't that great. It did its job but it's nothing mind blowing. Not coming back.

its not overrated because its not highly regarded, its just an alternative to fucking mcdonalds which is bottom of the barrel worst quality hamburgers you could ever buy

and saying its expensive? meals from mcdonalds cost like 7+$

id buy from five guys over mcdonalds anyday

It really is. I've been twice and for the price its not worth it. Whataburger is cheaper for a meal at Five-Guys you can get two burgers at Whataburger. In-n-Out is also better. Steak and Shake is probably the best where you get the best bang for your buck. Five Guys is a rip off I can make their burgers at home if not better.

same here

I’ve spent 10-ish dollars at 5Guys it’s for a double bacon cheeseburger.
I can go to the pub and get a burger for 7.

It cost me 14 dollars for a bacon cheesburger with no toppings and regular fries plus a drink.
It's way too expensive.

It's good and they make up for the shitty fries by giving you even more shitty fries, but it's only a place to go to once in a while

As much as I dislike McD and BKs when compared to a place like 5 guys, you can easily get a full dinner for about 5 bucks or less unless you need 2 or 3 patties, a large fries, and soda to wash it all down.

Anyone else think their food is bland?

That's not Whataburger.

This or In-n-Out, yeah.

>It cost me 14 dollars for a bacon cheesburger with no toppings and regular fries plus a drink.
I literally don't believe you, unless you live in SF or somewhere stupid.

Can confirm, $15 for a small fry, small drink and double bacon burger in LA

>Getting no toppings when all the toppings are free
Thats like most of the cost and why the burger is more expensive than most places.
The prices are comparable to Chicago if you're a fatty that is willing to pay 2.00+soda tax when water is free, have no friends to share double portion of fries with, and for some reason need 2 patties with all of that. Single patty with fries still ends up a little over 10 bucks here.

Here you go faggot

Yuck, you actually ate all of that your self.
>No toppings because vegetables are gross
How fat are you?

He asked if I wanted no topping and I just automatically said no. Doesn't really matter, I like to taste the meat and see how good it is.

BLOWN THE FUCK OUT!

It's actually sitting next to me. I got 3 bites into the burger and stopped. I ate half the cup of fries and gave the rest to my grandma, the rest are in the bag with the burger.

Are you one of those white guys with a broken tongue that eats their steak with no sauce and just salt and pepper because your tongue gets overwhelmed and can't taste anything by even a little seasoning?

>$4 for fries
Yeah you live somewhere fuckin stupid, a regular fry here is only $2.30

>I am retarded

No, I like seasoning and all that, but sometimes I like things plain especially when I go somewhere new.

>Eating steak with any serious amount of seasoning
The entire point of steak is to enjoy the meat itself, you dingus

>3
checked

Can relate to this. If they're main ingredients aren't good then that means they just use toppings to mask it

full dinner from mcdonalds is like eating from the bottom of a trash can, its not filling or even remotely good

i dont order fries and drink from five guys, i get a little bacon cheeseburger and thats it
toppings cost nothing so i dont know why youd mention it
pub burgers are always shit, just cook one at home instead at that point, your like whining about price, condiments, and fries

like who cares?

Well its coming to germany. I would call that overhyped to the max

BTFO

That's not in n out

>it's $1.30 cheaper bro, that means it's a good deal
No you dumb ass, just go to an actual restaurant if you want to burn that much money on a burger

>toppings cost nothing so i dont know why youd mention it
read the thread

This is objectively false. The entire point of toppings, spices, and sauces is to enhance a good product. Garbage in garbage out

What's the point if the patties and buns are shit without it.

White people, especially on this board say this, but steak from white countries (America, Australia) is pretty inferior to steak from many other countries (Argentina, Brazil, but especially Japan) and you always get a sauce in those countries. I remember going to some meh place in the US, the steaks were only about 50 bucks and the dick head head chef refused to even provide a pan sauce for his boring ass steak.

Compare that to the $400+ 10 course meal at a 2 star rated Narisawa, objectively better and juicier steak, that of course came with a small amount of sauce.

Since that is the point of sauce, to enhance the flavors.

The patties and bun are fine

I would like you to name one single burger place that has an amazing burger that isn't made better with toppings and condiments.

You're not a Michelin reviewer that needs to create a top rated list for the city so has to suss out all the minute differences between cooking styles and patty blends.

>$400 meals are better than $50 meals

no fucking shit man.

I'm not but I am user and have my own tastes. Stop comparing what you like to what I like.

The meal ended up being about 100 bucks, but it was from a place that specialized in steak as opposed to a place that offered it as an option for your main course.

Those patties look fucking pathetic

What a dumb faggot jew mentioning no toppings like he would get a discount because hes a manchild who doesnt like vegetables. that's on you kid.

I honestly really like the place.

>Only uses American cheese on their burgers

This shit pisses me off.

That's exactly where American cheese belongs.

You're the one being a dumb faggot.

Eating a burger plain with no toppings because you don't like the taste of vegetables is the stuff of dumb faggots. Even children get a condiment

Who said I didn't like vegetables? Who said I didn't order them because I thought it would be cheaper? Only you.
Are you autistic or something?

That's right, you better not respond you autistic man baby.

Had to think about this for a bit, but I think it might be, yes. I certainly can't think of one here in the UK which is more overrated.

Worse ones, yes. (Wimpy, for a start. It's not stupid meme shit like Byron, either.) Five Guys isn't bad. It isn't amazingly good, either - not next to Gourmet Burger Kitchen particularly - but considering it's in the same price bracket as GBK, it isn't at the same quality level. It's decent, but it's overrated and overpriced - the best thing about it is the drinks machine can produce raspberry Coca-Cola.

They're expanding here, and I'm not sure why. I think they think they're more popular than they actually are.

Seconded. American cheese is the right thing on a burger (and this is its only reasonable purpose).

overrated and overpriced

>$4.39 for fries
>soggy, greasy, overcooked fries
fugg
at least $8 for a burger is reasonable

>Living anywhere near 1960

I legitimately don't get it's appeal or all of the other meme burger joints.

Sure, it's better than fast food, but only barely....in the grand scheme of burgers, they are still not that good

I don't believe for a second that anybody who actually knows how to cook/grill will ever say, "I really like "

>talking to coworker about some bs
>subject changes to food somehow
>female coworker comes in and overhears us
>asks if we tried five guys
>both of us talk at the same time
>he says its good as fuck
>I say it's bland as fuck
>him and the female both stare at me like I just killed their kid
>he gets up and leaves and sits with the girl

>bretty gud cook, don't eat crap like Five Guys, worship Julia like Goddess

>when pregnant with son eat five McChickens, still want more

>period three days late, craving Five Guys

So much for needing IVF.

I would argue this:

X = how much DO people like it;
Y = how much SHOULD they like it.
if X > Y, it's overrated
if Y > X, it's underrated

example: McDonalds is overrated. They sell sub-par, dog-meat-quality shit, and yet people love it.

If you mix-in your opinion on the price with your opinion on the food, I would argue you're getting things mixed up and you're missing the whole point of why you're eating fattening, comfort food like this in the first place. if something's cost prohibitive, that doesn't mean you don't LIKE the food, it doesn't mean that you SHOULDN'T like the food, that's all determined by whether it's delicious or not. it just means that you simply can't have the food because it will hurt the wallet.

Pretty sure he meant to imply that the rest of the stuff was cheaper where he lives too, but just gave fries as an example.

Toppings are one of the whole points of five guys. Not getting any is like going to an all you can eat buffet, only eating a single plate of caesar salad before leaving, then complaining that it was overpriced for a salad.

Tried it once in Ireland. Not impressed.

Chilli salt they use on the chips is alright though.

>chips

This is an American board, my friend.

same but it's great on a monday night when you want a buger and everything else in town is closed.

That's cool and all but I didn't know.

Traditional Halal German burgers. Allah bless Merkel.

lol
I actually live about 15 mins from there.

goddamn i feel sorry for people who dont have a cheeseburger bobbys near them

It's overrated as fuck here in the UK. Like £12 for burger, fries and drink.
I could go to a fucking wetherspoons pub, pay £8 for a burger, chips, peas and a mushroom with a pint of ale and it would only take a bit longer.

I love their burgers

I went there yesterday and got a double bacon cheeseburger, regular fries, and a medium drink. Shit cost me $17.33. It was pretty good and there were a ridiculous amount of fries, but for that price I could have cooked better at home. Probably not going back anytime soon famm.

Came here to post this.

Anyone who says that Whataburger is the best at anything shows how little taste they've actually got. It's barely above standard fast-food quality, and there's virtually no character to it at all. It's "cheese, ranch, and sweet sauces" the burger joint.

It's the perfect example of fat American cuisine: lipids and sugar until you're 200lbs over weight and have type 2 diabetes.

Something I've noticed about people who dislike Five Guys is that they are almost without exception the kind of person who over-seasons their food, drowns things in condiments, or dislikes vegetables because of the "texture".

In other words, people who have the palettes of children.

I thought it was pretty good the one time I had it.

That's because you're gay

I have autism and I think it's OK.

no I am not

You say that but I know what you did.

it was only one time\

Sure was, then every other time you doubled the stakes.

yea

Its not expensive unless you go there solo. The fries are basically sold as one tier smaller than they actually are. a Regular can feed 2-3 people. A small burger is actually the size of most other chains full sized burgers. The doubles are for tremendous fat fucks and bodybuilders only.

The burgers are pretty bland, I only go there to get fries.

I can get half a bag of fries and a double bacon cheese burger for

no. chick FIL a is

That's not In-N-out

>Anyone who says that Whataburger is the best at anything

Name a fast food joint with a better patty melt. Protip: You can't

Fuck, I've actually been to that one. The prices in Houston are actually the cheapest I've seen a 5 guys. The last time I went to one in Denver I paid over $20 for my meal. What a rip off, I can get a burger from a real set down place for cheaper than that.

It's good but as already stated multiple times, it's grossly overpriced. Especially considering you can get or make your own quality ground beef for 3-4 bucks a pound.

Either make your own or buy from a more fairly priced place.

Agreed. We got one nearby recently. It constantly has a line around the building. I finally tried it and it's just a chicken sandwich. Some of the sauces are solid but it's just not that great honestly.

Only because its so damn expensive but if you could get a burger and fries for under 9 dollars then its really no better than Whataburger or Carls Jrs.

The extra $2 ensures a good burger. Pub burgers are laced with pubes and spit from agitated and overworked bar cooks.

Off yourself Commiefornian. In n out is dumpster trash.

the one by me was worth it. burgers were expensive but i always got a shit load of food for the price
but they started doing that wendys shit and the burgers are tiny compared to a few years ago and taste weak now

>tfw can get a pound of beef and take it to the whole foods grill and have them cook it for the price of the beef
got me a big ass burger and fries for 5 bucks the other day with bacon

Lolno
>Dem Sweet Patties
The fries are overrated tho
I mean they're okay, but not God-tier like everyone acts they are.

Why so people insist that five guys is fast food because it's burgers and fries. It's a burger joint, not fast food. And yes, it's hella overrated the Habit is cheaper and better.