How come that most unhealthy foods are more fun to eat than nutritiously rich ones

How come that most unhealthy foods are more fun to eat than nutritiously rich ones.
And i do not mean the conventional dopamine release explanations.

I understand that these foods contain lots of sugar and basically i'm an addict, but that is not what i mean, i am talking about the texture, and way of eating.
Does anyone know what i mean? I eat relatively healthy, and have my diet under some form of control, but never Never is it more 'fun' to responsibly stuff yourself (and i mean really, just go for it, until you can't anymore) than when you just gorge yourself on Chinese food, or candy or ice cream. Even a subway sandwich comes close for me, though i guess it's not exactly that healthy.

There is just something to that, the texture, the way it is so recklessly consumed. Where even if it were healthy, somehow despite any details past the manner of consumption, it would nonetheless be more satiating to eat than.. lettuce or a salad.
I don't understand why so..

Because they're usually pre-processed and ready to eat and usually the rigorously perfected manufacturing process leads to a nicer texture than you dicking about in your kitchen trying to make a good salad.

So what if you pre processed vegetables?
That happens, too, still not as tasty.

i get this feeling when eating nuts like peanuts, cashews, etc. They are super addictive but I am too poor currently to buy more of them. Raisins are also addictive as fuck.
Am I a cuck Veeky Forums?

You list, like, three different reasons in your initial question and then brush them off for no reason.

>I don't mean the conventional dopamine release explanations

Because they're all fucking fried in grease and loaded in sugar and full of fat and it fucking tastes GOOD you fucking moron

Because your body goes nuts over overly fatty and sugary foods because those things were rare while we evolved. They're not inherently unhealthy, but now that you can eat two pounds of bacon every day and wash it down with 2L of coke, that's the real problem.

It's exactly the fat and the sugar, faggot.

You've just started associating the foods themselves with "feels good" and think it's more than that. For me there's absolutely nothing special about chinese food, ice cream or candy texture. They taste sweet, yes but the texture ain't really why I'm eating them. The only things I truly sit back and enjoy the texture of is freshly baked bread (or any panification) and some types of cheese.

Because they are nutritiously rich. Just, not the nutrients you necessarily want.

So, stay with me here; back in the early days, things like fat, sugar, carbs, and sodium were REALLY hard to come by. Like, FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE to get a hold of in large amounts. Your body actually needs this stuff in order to function, and so your brain is hardwired to enjoy the taste of these things. The only problem is that your body is not adapted well to eating too much of these things.

As such, you like eating these things because you're supposed to like eating these things. You fat fuck.

One thing appealing abt /ck is about how polite everyone is to each other, never condescending or a rude little bitch

>eat two pounds of bacon every day and wash it down with 2L of coke, that's the real problem
I throw up after eating a fucking few bowls of rice how the fuck can you be this fat?

Welcome to Veeky Forums you fucking new fag.
Get the fuck out or kill your self or both no one cares.
Fuck your feeling holy fuck.

this though fat is not unhealthy

Read this OP, it covers just about everything you ever wanted to know about processed foods. Highly recommended. Go to the library brah, or pirate it

why do unprocessed fats taste amazing but something like, say, pure refined olive oil would be vomit inducing to attempt to consume a bottle of by itself? why doesn't the body enjoy this pure undiluted form of fat?

fix'd

vast quantities of sugar is the only unusual thing in our diet, we'd rarely come across honey and someone would have to climb a tree with a smoking branch and stung a couple of times to get it

When it comes to salt and fat, there is a sweet spot in terms of amount in recipes (this diagram goes for both salt and fat). This limit is quantifiable and is called the "bliss point" in the food biz. If you have something fatty and you add salt or sugar, the bliss point moves (other combos work too). This is why you can eat a sickening amount of salt/sugar/fat in processed foods without actually getting sick or tired of the taste.
In the case of pure olive oil, you hit the bliss point fast. Combine it with other stuff and you can eat a lot more.
Seriously, read if you're interested in this.

You're not wrong but you're selling short the power of salt and fat to move the bliss point in processed foods.
What's interesting about sugar is that it doesn't have a peak bliss point like salt and fat does. Sugar is good no matter how much you have, which is why OP eats too much candy (me too OP). Like you say, it was unusual for early humans to come across huge amounts of sugar, which is why sugar has no bliss point- we evolved to chow down on sugar because we hardly ever got the chance.

Git gud
Lern 2 lern

"The Pleasure Trap", by Alan Goldhamer and Douglas J. Lisle, is also a good one.

Sick I'll read that for sure. I think Michael Moss might have cited it in his book.

I think I will read it, actually. Thank you for the recommendation and explanation.

The book will explain things better than I did. It's a great read, I think so anyway. I've posted it many times here on Veeky Forums because there are a million threads every single day about processed foods and I think anons here would dig it.

that is the dumbest fucking graph jesus christ

tell that to the processed food industry and the scientists who created it
ask food science user if he turns up again

Well vegetables are special because they taste best when absolutely fresh as hot fuck. Vegetables that spend longer than a day or two outside of the fucking ground taste like dogshit.

>tell that to the processed food industry and the scientists who created it

This is 2017 in the US. Science is fake news. There's only one truth and it wears an orange wig.

I suppose same with fruits and nuts

My bane is the $7 trail mix bag at costco. Big ass bag with cashews, peanuts, almonds, raisins, and mms. If i have a bag of those on hand i cant stop eating them until i feel sick. Shit sucks m8s

Lots of healthy fats at least