Why aren't you eating beef shank?

why aren't you eating beef shank?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8FjXviZrLXU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I prefer hot dog.

Because meat is unethical, silly

I use it in stews

The only thing unethical is your weak skeleton body.

oh yeah? what's your favorite recipe then, poser?
Cows are not sapient

youtu.be/8FjXviZrLXU

I use it in place of veal for osso bucco because it's much cheaper than veal shank and has a stronger flavor. Brown shanks, saute mirepoix, add garlic, a bouquet garni of thyme and bay leaf and tomato paste, deglaze with some red wine, add beef stock halfway up the shanks and braise in oven at 350F for 2 hours. Serve with gremolata if you want to be extra faggoty, but whatever you do dig out the marrow with a butter knife. That shit tastes like god's own semen.

I made some in my pressure cooker, some good shit. I'm too much of a pussy to veal, so it's beef for me. Plus I've got half a cow in the freezer that's lasted way longer than I thought

Ny beef shank and onion stews are so good I don't like making them. They force an orgasm so eating it feels kinda like rape

Because I'm vegan.

Plebian...not cooking it in a SS or cast sauté pan on the stove to reep the beni of that sweet sweet marrow yummy.

Better yet dry aging the shank then pan frying.

Absolutedisgust.jpg

What?

>I'm too much of a pussy to veal

wut

are you missing a chromosome, too many chromosomes or dropped on the head as a child situation?

i osso bucco them bad boys

$5 for a nice sized shank, grass fed beef.
Quick sear on each side, and throw in the slow cooker with wine, tomatoe onion carrot celery stock and leave it for 8 hours on low.

I loop the bones through a rope and made a toy for the dog...

>I use it in stews
Ditto, it's one of the best stews meat.

Not him, but here's my _basic_ stew:

Cut shank and bacon into chunks, brown them well, add some ground pepper, onion and garlic, toast them a bit, add boiling water and salt, close the pressure cooker and let it cook for 40 minutes or so.

Of course, I never prepare it that way. Most of the time I add more stuff, like:
* Boeuf bourguignon: add thyme and basil as seasonings. Replace water with red wine. Open the pressure cooker halfway, add shallots and carrots. When ready add some chopped "toasted" mushrooms and roux. Let it cook five more minutes with the lid open.
* Barreado: add bay leaf, cumin and red pepper flakes to the dish. Add a bit more water. Cook it for more time, until the shank is literally tearing apart. You're supposed to serve it over cassava meal, but DESU I do it with white polenta and it goes great.
* "Polish" stew: add potatoes, carrots and cabbage halfway, and lots of dark roux.

I don't know. Is it good? Is it comparable to oxtail, or not really?

sure. it's delicious when stewed. especially when you get a nice thick bone with a good amount of marrow. it adds tremendous richness to a stew.

Don't give a dog cooked bones, they are too soft and your dog can choke on em

Really? How fucking hard would you have to boil a shank to be anything short of teeth shatteringly hard?

that's not the reason they're dangerous. cooked bones become brittle and can shatter into shards in your dogs mouth. generally you should avoid giving raw/uncooked bones as well, but at least those are better than cooked ones in this regard