Why is he obsessed whether an item is fresh or frozen, or if a pasta is homemade or store bought?

Why is he obsessed whether an item is fresh or frozen, or if a pasta is homemade or store bought?
It's the first thing he always asks in the shows.

>in the shows.

exactly user

because if someone wanted to eat shitty quality frozen food then they could do that at home for a fraction of the price

>"Is this popsicle frozen?"
>y-yes chef
>"fuckin christ"

Because no decent restaurant uses frozen food. If they use frozen or premade shit, then their food sucks ass and he needs to fix it.

>what is acting?

>"Sea salt. You got this fresh from the market today?"
>"Uh, actually chef its a month old"
>"Fuck me"

The Kitchen Nightmares and Gordon Ramsay YouTube channel comment sections are the most cancerous places on the internet.

>yfw theres still one restaurant from us season 1 still open

>"what the fuck is this"
>"t-t-that's ice chef"
>"water should never be frozen, fucking hell"

>And what, what is THIS?
>c-chef?
>This? Tubs of it! In the fucking freezer. What is it? It's like fuckin Iceland in here.
>i-it's ice cream chef
>Fucking ice cream, in the freezer, just fuck off will you. Get out. OUT

So in commercial kitchens there are commissary products which are basically just reheated and served as is and then there are house made products.

Typically commissary shit is just that, shit. Its basically really food tv dinner.

If something sucks and its made in house that tells Ramsey he needs to check out the recipe and the chef.

If its commissary food then he has to find an in house replacement or make one.

Its pretty simple chef business 101 stuff desu.

When you watch Ramsey its important to remember he was a commercial success before he was tv celebrity so his kind set is that of a chef/owner not a consumer like you plebs.

Hope that answers your q user.

because if you're spending the money to eat in a restaurant you should be getting fresh food.

I'm not paying $20 to eat something I can make at home. I'm paying because it is the job of the restaurant owner to show up to the market at 5am and pick the meats and produce that I will be paying for. If I wanted to eat consumer grade products then I'll just go to safeway and make my own dinner.

lel best one yet

For one, you're going out and paying someone to cook for you. You don't need a chef to reheat frozen food at home. Second, a lot of the places he has meltdowns about this issue advertise that they serve fresh, non-frozen food. If I pay for market priced fish, I want something fresh from the market that day and if I find out I was lied to and given days old frozen shit, I'd be pretty pissed off too.

>Reading YouTube comments

I block the comments section with ublock

then you go to one of his shitty restaurants and get cucked with frozen cod that tastes like a TV dinner

NINOOOO
Yeah I don't like it either.

Because the ingredients for homrmade pasta are cheap af so there's no excuse for store bought other than laziness.