/beer/ general

Only god tier brews allowed in this thread

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/AnCU7bQ
boulevard.com/beerinfo/bully-porter/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bought myself two Orvals and a Glass one week ago, shit's pretty good even though i usually prefer wine.

>cally 80

my session beer

they've recently renamed it "edinburgh castle beer" to target tourists and millennials who don't know the difference between 60, 70, 80 shilling

I live across the street from their Torpedo Room. I might just head over and get a growler of something now that you made me think of it.

Chico sucks these days, get out while you still can

I don't live in Chico...

> tourists and millennials who don't know the difference between 60, 70, 80 shilling

£3, £3.50 and £4.00 a glass I'm guessing?

There's a wheat beer they made for blues and brews. Free backstage. I like it better than the pale ale.

MY NIGGA

That being said, I'll contribute one of my all-time favorites.

IPAs are trash. I can't wait for them to fall out of popularity so breweries will stop focusing on them so much.

Why do you say they're trash? Can you pin it down to a/some specific aspect(s) you don't like?

Drinking this tonight thought you might appreciate it. I like their delicious IPA a bit more though

They're entirely too bitter and taste awful. Haven't found a single IPA that I enjoyed after the first sip.

You might enjoy an IPA that is geared more towards the citrus fruit spectrum. Those tend to blend the tartness of citrus in a way that minimizes the bitterness of the hops.I say this as someone who wasn't a big fan, but is growing increasingly fond of IPAs since moving to CA.

I don't like fruity beers because I have a dick and balls.

just came home with some cider from vermont. drinking now.

Apparently not if you can't handle bitter tastes. You use sugar to down medicine, don't you?

You're offered a free draft of an IPA
>I can't drink this because it's too bitter for muh palate
>I have a dick and balls
Choose one.

You're suggesting that instead of drinking shitty hipster beer, I drink shitty hipster bitch beer instead.

I'll drink it if it's free but I won't go out of my way to buy shitty bitch beer.

I implied no such thing, but sure, user. You're right.

Don't feed obvious trolls, user

Any beer with any hint of fruit is bitch beer.

I'm done.

t. palateless fruit

t. faggot

only drink beer that i've brewed

kölsch
irish red

This thread quickly went to shit.

little bitch

>He doesn't like lambics

I will always try local brews. Some good some not so good. I'm going to a blocktoberfest tomorrow to try out a new brewery in town. My favorite local right now is True Vine brewery.. I support the brand because they are just really great people...and they make really good beer.

True Vine Promised Land is my favorite by them atm. Right now I'm trying Mermaids and Unicorns, a pale ale, that the guys brewed in honor of their bby girls. It's decent.

Deep Ellum Easy Peasy is also good...Dallas brewery.

However....My favorite IPA at the moment is Dankasaurus. Smells like weed when you open it but it's smooth as silk. Excellent brew!!

>encased in armor, reinforced can won't cuck your beer if you lightly drop it unlike limp-wristed pussy ass bottles
>all natural, no artificial craft trickery involved
>won't run into any hipster faggots buying it, worst case scenario a homeless guy smoking a cigarette asks you for one and you do some good for the community by giving it to him
>3.50 for 2 as long as you don't live in a backwards hellhole where uncle sam has a monopoly on your swill
>big masculine can reminds ladies of your thick, long cock - even says "THE BIG ONE" at the top so that they know what's up

take the Natural Ice pill

Try this shit bros. It's dangerously easy to drink and tastes good with most meals. One will help your head and two is a party.

Looks good. I'm the same way. Here's an Alt I bottled 1 month ago. Nice and malty with a slight hop kick at the end. I just bottled a New Glarus Spotted Cow clone using a Wyeast Kolsch yeast a couple days ago. Tasted great but it's not ready yet.

I drink only craft brews when I'm out and about, but I only drink homebrew at home unless it's some kind of gathering with a lot of people.

I like founders but that's one of the worst I've ever had. my friend likes it

nope.

comes from the olden days when you would pay more tax based on how strong the beer was.

eg 70/- tax on a barrel of 3.5 - 4.0%abv
80/- tax on barrel of 4 - 5.5%abv

it was still a fairly common way to differentiate between scottish ales up until recently.

Very fruity gueze!

that shit is vile, Founders has really been turding it up recently

Veeky Forums Beer General discord:
discord.gg/AnCU7bQ

discord.gg/AnCU7bQ

discord.gg/AnCU7bQ

discord.gg/AnCU7bQ

discord.gg/AnCU7bQ

today is the day that I discovered that (hard) cider goes with curry better than lager or pale ale.

there. I've admitted it

Eddyline Brewing Co. - Epic Day IPA

I actually enjoy stone ipa
Good shit

>trying to lose weight
>have to cut off beer

Life hurts.

Just don't

Exercise more

Best non ba Russian imperial stout I've ever had.

Just bought a 6 pack of this. Collaberation between a Danish and Indiana brewery made in Wisconsin. Love the black cans for some reason. Also pretty good beer

Do you live in California c2005?

Just bought a beer called Autumn Ale. Holy shit is it terrible. Tastes like mud

This beer is fucking incredible. My favorite Flemish red at the moment.

What to get what to get

Went across the street to Sierra Nevada's Torpedo Room. What the hell for $7.

Have some Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and Oktoberfest. How's the latter?

I love Torpedo. I actually bought some yesterday which I'm still working on. Also got some Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Extra, it's pretty nice as well.

Pretty damn fresh.

Sierra Nevada is not God tier.

>beer with fruit flavoring
>God tier

> Lambic
> beer

Pick only one.

Hey I've had that but not in a tallboy. Hoppy within reason, pretty tasty

This years release of the breakfast stout is ace as always

Paradox has recently shown up at my local place, what's worth checking out from them?

The hype around this is real, if you're a stout man it's worth seeking out

Anyone here ever have Saranac beer? I love the Pale Ale and Adirondack Lager

Have you tried their Crystal Wheat?

they can be good, but they're a little played out

Yes. It's decent and drinkable, but I don't think there's anything exceptional about it.

I prefer darker beers, and it seems like this tasting room carries a lot of dark, small-batch beers in order to gauge consumer reaction. They've made some really fantastic barrel-aged brews that have a very limited market supply. For example, they recently had a dark chocolate and coconut, barrel-aged Narwhal. It was like drinking a milder Almond Joy that was coated in dark chocolate.

ha

Where is this?

Yes lad!

Patrician tier cider that

Got sent this as a freebie by my club.
No idea what to expect.

Underrated

>Only God tier brews
>Starts with pleb Cascade hop ale
Ya fucked up op.

hola

Been through 2 six packs of the 2017 Oktoberfest. Not quite as malty as I was hoping for, but still a really solid beer to go with a meal

>general

I havent had a huge amount of new beers this year, but the oktoberfest is my top beer of 2017 at the moment

>(hard) cider

As opposed to what, gooey cider? Fluffy cider?

in america english, cider generally refers to mulled cider. Apple juiced heated with spices and shit. Whereas 'hard cider' is the alcoholic version of apple juice

Incorrect. In America regular cider refers to, essentially, unfiltered apple juice pressed from fresh apples and is very different from regular apple juice.

Mulled cider is made by mulling the cider (not apple juice) with spices.

Hard cider is alcoholic

I'd say that generally people refer to mulled cider as simply 'cider'

Does whiskey now refer to wheat juice?
Should I start referring to mashed potatoes as vodka?

guess what? Words mean different things in different dialects sometimes

You've already got the word juice
Cider is expressly a fermented alcoholic product

Why would you use a booze name to mean something that isn't booze?
What retard thought this was a good idea and why would you willingly go along with this retardation?

I don't know. I didn't make the rules
Also note, Americans rarely drink hard cider (though it has gotten much more popular recently), while mulled cider is a common childhood drink in the autumn

Little Sumpin' Extra is definitely good. I'm going to get some now, and I didn't even feel like getting out today. Thanks, ass.

Today's Torpedo Room selection.

Not that guy, but thank you for reminding me that I have had an IPA that I've actually liked. It was grapefruit (which I hate in general) and of course an IPA (obviously I'm not very fond), so I immediately thought "yep, this is going to be terrible". It was the only beer in the house at the time, and being a borderline alcoholic, obviously I had no choice but to drink it anyways. It blended together so nicely, I think it gave me a newfound respect for grapefruit.

I don't like fresh grapefruit much, but it works really well in IPA

It truly does. Is there any type of citrus that goes better with IPAs? Would like to find more that I would enjoy.

This actually tastes better than bud light.

Milwaukee's Best Ice does too

but sierra nevada is shite
so is torpedo

Enjoyed Southern Tier's Warlock last night, would suggest if you tryna indulge on a dessert stout. Following up with another of theirs (pic related) tonight cause I have an insatiable sweet tooth and am a sucker for novelty

I wish more breweries made porters.

Wait till their heavenly "seasonal" winter IP comes out. Holyshit I never smelled, tasted hops that fresh before.

how does it compare with my favored ipa, boulevard double wide

Are you talking about Celebration Ale? That shit is divine. I get a 12-pack every year. I remember SN's stout being really good as well, though I haven't had any in a couple of years.

Me too, nigga. And I mean regular porters, not "hickory smoked chili porter" or whatever the fuck weird concoctions you always see because no one wants to put out just a porter.

boulevard.com/beerinfo/bully-porter/
you might like this if you get boulevard in your area,