Al/ck/ thread

How's it going guys

Rough week here, Back on vodka.

Hope you gents are enjoying the weekend

Why don't alcoholics just smoke weed?

Drug tests at work. Also weed makes me a nervous wreck. I've heard modern weed has been grown to prevent paranoia though.

apples and oranges, I do both but I still crave alcohol.

Weed makes me paranoid as fuck to the point I want to an hero. Also wtf happened to the last thread?

Goddamnit

>I've heard modern weed has been grown to prevent paranoia though
That's what they want you to think

There's probably one. I'm at that point where I'm too drunk and lazy and pathetic to even post init I'll just make a new one.

We had one but it was DELET before 30 posts for some reason

Feel free to post in her friend

is the mod so drunk he accidentally deleted the last thread

How do you even stop drinking alcohol if you don't reject it mentally? I don't drink that much, and not even since a year but I'm fucking obsessed with the stuff. Constantly thinking about it etc. Now I'm in a situation where I really should stop drinking beside social occasions and yet I'm already fantasizing about the future where I have my own flat and can drink as much as I want. The fuck?

I think mentally rejecting it is actually "curing" alcoholism.

I've been put in plenty of positions due to my job where I either couldn't drink at all or couldn't drink as often as I'd like. Didn't mean I was any less of an alky, I just realized if I prioritized booze ahead of my job I would be fucked.

How much does an alcoholic drink daily anyway? And why drink vodka? It's like getting the burn from other spirits, but without the delicious flavours.

>why drink vodka
One of the best dollar to drunk ratios

Drug tests.

I'll lose my job

this A handle of bottom shelf vodka is around 12 bucks where I live and I don't mind using a chaser or mixer as long as it gets me plastered so the taste doesn't matter much
as for your other question about consumption I can drink around 500 ml a night but a "night" to me is over the span of probably 8 or 9 hours

>How much does an alcoholic drink daily anyway?
I don't think it's "how much", it's "how often". If you can't go a day without drinking, you're an alcohol.

weed is too short and tolerance builds too quick. with alc if i've got 75cl i'm good for the entire night even after months of doing this.

alc also lets me forget about my problems easier than weed.

Woke up yesterday motivated and thinking today I'm making a run for sobriety. It will be tough, but I'm ready
Then proceeded to the liquor store after work for a 5th of Potters. Maybe tomorrow, but I doubt it

Even if it's someone drinking 2 or 3 glasses of wine a day? I guess the difference comes down to whether someone could skip a day or not.

fuck i only have been and cant drink it fast enough to get drunk

What do you guys do when your drinking

shitpost on Veeky Forums

I do both at the same time.

Almost every day.

I'm not at your guys' level yet but I'm getting there. 20 yrs old

46 days brothers, one foot in front of the other, y'all can do it too. I chugged alc, opi, benzos, weed, dxm cough syrup, and weird shit from the internet and stopped it all at once. Naltrexone helps but it IS possible. Please don't die guys.

High CBD low THC should help, or pure CBD if you're sensitive to THC (won't make you high at all).
"Modern" weed has also high THC option, to make you the highest (and most anxious).

I guess it didn't have silhouette.

>Also wtf happened to the last thread?

It's at bump limit

cry

This mostly.

Congrats.

Doing the lords work

wtf is going on with Veeky Forums, It's fucking friday night. All the al/ck/s should be posting.

All you fucking normies at the bar trying to get your dicks wet?

Watch shit, write shit, read shit,clean shit, get fucked (which is part of why my partner enables me, I think)
Before I was a drinker I was a huge smoker. As I got older weed effected me differently. You will find a lot of older former stoners who tell you weed justmakes them paranoid. I think having certain responsibilities caused me to have anxiety whenismoke mostofthetime. Instead of chilling and being happy stoned, I am focusing on the stuff that freaks me out. Like some peole smoke to manage pain. But when I have pain and I smoke, I just hyper focus on the pain. Weed just is different for different people. I still love Ganga, but only when I am free of responsibilities.

I'm fuckng 7am and I'm freezing my dick off and drinking to stay warm.

My heat apparently does not work, It's 30F right now.

If you could all be cured just one time of your body's dependency on alcohol, how long do you think you could be sober?

Last time I got out of a 5 day detox I was sober for about 3 hours.

don't know if I'm an alcoholic, but I definitely have a drinking problem, and I skip days.

>using the worst girl
Immediately disregarded

Sorry

>when your room you drink in is slowly spreading too much with vodka bottles and coke bottles

I'm not letting it spread too much again. Learning from my mistakes, gonna take them all to the bottle bank on my next day off.

Drinking in a messy environment I have found severely decreases the experience...also just the everyday stress and anxiety of knowing it's there. It was a big reason I quit my job last year, house was just overrun with bottles it got to me bad.

I can drink anything from 350ml to 900ml a night, usually 700ml (a full fifth). I don't get withdrawals apart from excessive sweating at work (it's an active job tho) and I've been drinking for a round 10 years, 24 years old now.

I think I'm extremely lucky, I just don't get withdrawals like some people here do...I imagine if I did I'd be homeless by now.

about to load up before going to my shitty job

Watch old wrestling videos and play runescape.

Osrs or rs3?

no I passed out from 8pm to midnight and then just called it a night

I haven't been continually sober for more than one month in the past 9 years.

Vidya
Guitar
Music
Have a cry occasionally
Sometimes I just lay on the couch in silence and drink

what do you guys do about headaches

Stop now before it becomes a problem. I'm 27.

chugging vodka, gotta make a ton of rosin today and completely avoiding people, also had my largest outdoor plant partially rip last night during a storm. tied it up and wrapped it with honey, hopefully it will be salvaged albeit lose some final weight. fucking shitty start to a saturday

>am with friends right now, they're drinking, I'm sober
>keep entertaining thoughts about drinking vodka, either right now and/or once I'm home
I'm not even physically addictes but this is just bullshit

what are you making rosin out of

I would bet so much that every single illicit drug is so much worse that it used to be decades ago.

Gave in. I fucking hate myself. I'll pour away all my vodka tomorrow.

>drugs
>in my al/ck/ thread

Fuckin leave.

no you won't.

That character was tolerant of his friend's drug usage.

Is there anything better then the warm embrace of taking a big drink of vodka and chasing it with almost nothing

I've done this a lot in my life.

It feels even better on a cold winter night

For me drinking is all about the mental adjustment from being nervous and depressed as shit which ironically was caused by drinking in the first place.

I know, It's a vicious cycle.

Never drink socially lads. My fingernail is purple and it hurts like hell and I don't remember.

Always the mysterious injuries and lack of memory with social drinking.

Shut up fag

true blue
a cross of true glue x blue diesel
also
cherry pie x tom hills big bud
and
my own seed companies nyc diesel x true glue

Do you have a press? Lets see some pics senpai

I've never made rosin, Only shatter from butane and co2

calm your autism

yes I use a press, a modded t-shirt press. I can switch between 180f-or up if i want a quick one

normally do 190f for 4-5 seconds and it comes out shatter quality/

pics incoming

I'm always able to nab a bottle for $15 on sale

Am I getting the best bang for my buck?

Alcohol is a drug. One of the worst ones for a person actually.

Why dont alcoholics and weed smokers just do acid?

>acid
>very rare anybody would test for it at all
>miniscule trace amounts in your system and gets out of your system much quicker than weed and alcohol
>tolerance isnt a problem because it is very rarely used habitually like weed or alcohol

Or even better SHROOMS. It is calmer, has the smallest percentage of emergency care needed out if ALL recreational drugs, and is healing.

Definitely, it's a good buy at $20

Psychedelics such as acid, shrooms, and DMT help curb addiction especially with alcohol. I think a combination of psych usage and me barfing from drinking and barfing out cheap rubbing alcohol tasting liquor made me dislike alcohol a lot although I can still stomach wine and other alcohol that doesn't taste awful.

old wrestling vids + alcohol is so fun. Im a big fan of attitude era wwf, and japanese female deathmatch fights. Megumi Kudo

YOU ARE A NOOB

>Went to watch football and hang with bros last >sunday
>Cook didn't show up
>Got offered job
>Worked monday to friday
>have today off for some reason.
>get wasted last night
>wake up a couple hours ago
>still have more
>not enough though
fuck

Do you guys prefer to drink socially or alone?
Its changing personally, I got into heavy drinking socially and now i'm enjoying always more to drink alone

I do it every few nights alone and I love it. But if a social event ever happened, I'd totally go.
>cook from second to last post

Fuck off loser. Your post reeks of trailers and stints in prison

I really prefer to drink alone, I enjoy myself more and can be myself

alone. can listen to my own music, drink at my own pace, just sit in a chair and stare at the wall and do nothing and not be judged, no conflicting opinions... solitary drinking is as close to heaven as ive discovered.

>not enough though
I really hate that, and its usually too late when I realize because i'm too drunk to drive to the store

2 liters of 7.5% ABV cider and I think I'd like some more... I mean it's Saturday right?

I'm listening to blind guarding and watching Die Hard on my day off. Smoking hash though, so I guess it's good

Having "one last night" before quitting alcohol is a bad idea, isn't it...? I just want to go out with a bang and have one last memory.

Osrs, never felt the need to try 3 as I've never really grown tired of osrs.
Yeah man, mainly njpw and ae/Ra era stuff...it's incredibly comfy, almost too comfy if you get what I mean.

yeah if you're going to stop just stop and deal with the impending cumulative hangover

You will either have a really good night and will be craving for more or either this night will end badly for you (depending on your habits)
so bad idea in my opinion, just quit

>Drink out of a liter bottle of vodka
>Fall asleep not remembering how much I drank
>About 2 inches below the half way
>Get mad because I know when I get in from work I will have to drink faster than usual to gain a good buzz and fall asleep earlier/not do the activities I can only do when I have more vodka

State of me

I tossed my last vodka into the sink while crying like a little bitch.

Alone. Get in, pour a drink, put on a good YouTube video/song, drink and just enjoy not having to worry for a bit. And anyway when I drink with people, the next day anxiety absolutely kills me. It's weird, I don't say 'im never drinking again' after a night drinking with social interaction, it's always 'i don't want to drink with people again'.

I pissed the bed again after another night of hard drinking. I was too embarrassed by the urine stink to even get out of bed, so I soaked in it for another 24 hours. This was Tuesday or so, by now it's dried and smells basically normal. But fuck, it's depressing..

Lately, my thing has been getting drunk and binge eating. It's so bad for me, but it's even more addictive than just booze alone. I'll start drinking as much as I can and then once I'm deeply drunk, I'll eat whatever I can fit. It's not uncommon for me to puke in the middle of the binge, then wait a little bit and continue eating.

I hate that feeling in your stomach after drinking and eating too much when waking in the middle of the night, where your stomach just feels like there's a sack of stew in it, it's like your body just cba to digest it and as soon as you feel it you know you've just gotta get it over with and go and be sick. It's basically like your body is sick of your shit and decides to leave work early without emptying the bins.

I'm the complete opposite, I barely eat anything when on a binge and that just makes the hangover when I finally decide to stop worse. Getting food down is so hard during that afterglow its like everything tastes terrible, even the things I usually love
Now when I drink AND smoke weed, thats a whole nother story. I will mow down anything and everything in my fridge and pantry putting together absolutely nonsensical snacks and meals

If you want to stop that's a bad idea. You have to maintain self control and self control starts NOW.

well as much as i like eating/drinking I cant understand how you can go this far and just continue etaing afterwards
Maybe find another action while drinking, for example I like to go in the woods nearby completely drunk, so at least you wouldnt bother anyone and will (presumably) not bring to much food to start binge eating
and stay long enough to clear your mind and get enough tired to just fell asleep when you get home (no eating permitted)

Yeah I boiled some pasta in watered down milk with garlic salt last night drunk. Don't know why I decided that when I had packets of cheese pasta at hand.