Barbecue wings- the great debate

I have a hankering for some wings for dinner, going to have them with coleslaw, potato salad and cheddar bay biscuits.

Problem is that I don't have a barbecue or smoker.

Now, I recently made some turkey wings in a Coca-Cola based BBQ sauce and they were pretty good. But I had to ask myself: could they have been better?

My two options at this stage are:

1. Make BBQ sauce, slow cook wings in sauce, remove and cook in oven for 10-15 minutes before serving. Caramelisation happens during final cooking phase.

2. Make BBQ sauce. Cook wings in oven until golden and crispy, add to sauce just before service. Caramelisation happens before exposure to saucing.

There are my choices, coo/ck/s. Wat do?

Finish under broiler.

Please explain your reasoning.

Remove turkey, add chicken, brine in pickle juice 4 hours, brine in buttermilk 4 hours, pat dry and reat 30 min fry and toss in lemon pepper/ butter mixture. Eat imidietly. Thank me later.

I ment let rest by reat. You can oven bake wings with the same texture with baking powder or some shit but frying quickly amd tossing with sauce and eating even quicker is really satisfying. I dont like to mention anything related to health when eating food like this

Yeah, multiple brinings/marinades are not on the cards. Either I oven cook the wings then simmer them in the BBQ sauce, or I cook them by simmering in BBQ sauce then crisp them in the oven.

I'm asking which of those two options is the correct one for BBQ wings.

Option #2 is the better one. Braised wings are not nearly as pleasant as nicely baked wings, in my experience. They don't cook quite right. On top of that, depending on the quality of your chicken, in option #1 they would release a lot of fluid into your sauce, thinning it, which also ruins the fun.

You turn on the broiler at the end to cook the barbecue sauce a bit, ensuring it's thick and sticks to the wings.

Which, I should clarify, means you apply barbecue sauce toward the end of baking, and then turn on the broiler, after you've coated them. You can choose to simply coat them if that's how you're sure you prefer it, but it's also done for that extra level of caramelization, as well.

But doesn't cooking them slow and low in the sauce first make them tender and allow the sauce to penetrate? Then the oven crisps them a little?

Reducing a sauce is pretty easy so sauce thickness isn't an issue. Just final texture. Soft/wet with a final crisping, or crisp/dry with a final saucing?

Chicken versus egg, in my opinion. Just wanted to know what you chucklefucks think would be best.

OFFICIAL BUFFALO WING COOKING METHOD POWER RANKING
1.smoked then fried
2.double fried
3.fried
4.smoked
5.Grilled
Everything below this line is disgusting
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
6. Baked
7.Microwaved
8.Boiled
9. Dominoes

So I roasted the wings and drained the pan juices, then tipped in the simmering BBQ sauce. Going to oven-cook slow and low, turning often, and wait until the sauce thickens and the wings go sticky and glossy.

I'd cook am the same way I cook ribs: boil am then sauce and broil em.

Wings in roasting trays, bacon over.

Potatoes boiled till tender and chopped with spring onion

Add chopped bacon from over the wings, dress-wa la, potato salad

Wings getting crispy

Shred 2 carrots and 1/2ncabbage, dress. coleslaw!

Meal complete, didn't get around to the biscuits. Oh well.

Fuck, that bacon looks excellent. What brand is it?

Nice. Perfect BBQ style meal done without grill, you should be proud.

Dandy $8/kilo from Coles (if you're an Aussie fag like me). Cooked pic attached.

Cheers mate.