Why in the fuck would anyone want to be a vegetarian?

Why in the fuck would anyone want to be a vegetarian?

Other urls found in this thread:

robbwolf.com/2012/05/17/paleo-diet-sustainability-economic-growth/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's mental illness.

I don't want to be a vegetarian. My fucking shit ass taste buds reject pretty much anything meaty tasting and it sucks.

You sure? Get into hunting and eat some nice as fuck backsteak.

sheep don't eat meat

Mostly health and moral reasons I should think. I'd do it myself but I can't quit meat, I just can't. Not completely anyway.

So they can eat snacks all the time.

Wife is a vegetarian, I'm not.

What I've discovered is that meat is a cop-out in cooking. Yeah, it tastes good, but no shit it tastes good. Everyone who watched the Food Network at one point thinks they're good at cooking meat. And they're not wrong, it's just the cooking meat is ridiculously easy and there's almost no challenge to it. Sure, it takes effort to make it amazing, but it also has such a shallow learning curve that you don't HAVE to exert a lot of effort to make it taste really good.

Forcing myself to make dishes without using meat made me learn how to expand my skill set and make discoveries I wouldn't have otherwise made. My favorite tacos are vegetarian now. I could add meat to it, but there's no point. It's already perfectly balanced.

There's also the health aspect. Went back to Texas to visit family a few months ago. Had meat with every meal, 3 meals a day, for like a week. And my body felt like crap during the whole process.

Nowadays I eat meat maybe two or three times a month.

Nice witticism, sophist.

Cause animals are alive.

This

You don't need to put work into making the vast majority of vegetables taste good either. Cook them lightly, season them and serve them hot. It's the same shit.

You have been pussified my friend.

Nah he's 100% right. There's so much more to good food than just throwing meat at it. That said, bring on the meat!

You sound like a gay woman.

But is your wife's son also vegetarian?

>there's more to good food than just meat
Is not the same as
>making a good meal with meat takes less skill than with veg and also it doesn't agree with my constitution

Nothing says flyover like intolerance of eating habits. Lol fucking hick farm boys.

>b-b-but muh mayonnaise and steakums sandwiches

I'm not a vegetarian but I've gone off meat a bit since I got food poisoning.

Well fuck, I'm Satan.

Who cares what you say, you're literally the number of the beast, you'll eat us all.

Veggies scare me more than meat when it comes to disease honestly.

Superiority complex.

I do olympic weight lifting, I'm fairly big and pretty damn strong and regularly do vegetarian months. A couple of reasons-

>Makes it 100 times easier to lose weight
>Lets you eat more volume of food at the same or less calories
>Teaches you to cook vegetables properly and vegetables are the base of most dishes
>Cheap cheap cheap
>Prompts you to try out new cultures and recipes. Particularly Thai and the whole world of Satay I didn't know existed but there are hundreds more
>Tends to dissuade eating processed shit and eating like a slob. Each month I spend vegetarian I end feeling refreshed and healthier. Not to say you can't get the same through calorie restriction and strict choice alone, but it's easier on vege

Also, not me but
>Some people do it for moral or ethical reasons
>Some people do it for hippy save the planet reasons
>Many people were raised that way and
>Some people genuinely don't like most meat

I've found almost all people who don't try vegetarianism seriously are people who have hang ups or edgy shit they want to say and that while there are plenty of idiot vegans and vegetarians, they're mostly normal people with different culture and upbringing

I love meat, but feel like vegetarians are advanced cookers. Vegetables have everything you need so it is definitely a cop out in some respects, plus meat is easily contaminated, it makes you feel like shit, and you can get sick if the cut is bad, Starting to think that meat is "salt" to a dish.

I agree, OP. Though fresh veggies are delicious.

eating disorder

difficult to count calories at mandatory family meals so i told my parents i'd be vegetarian for some bs reason

that way, i could buy and cook my own meals so i could count them and also skip meals if i wanted to. also a plus when we went out to eat and i could nit-pick the menu

now i live on my own and actually eat vegan, although my parents don't know about it, they would probably freak if they found out

and no, i don't care about the animals, or health benefits, or diet. i've become completely obsessed with limiting myself food-wise and i enjoy it.

So you're a fatass with low self control that eats processed food has nothing to do with meat.
You can consume lean meats and fish with veg and I guarantee you will feel full.
Satay is best as chicken satay a lot of cultures vegetarian meals are either poverty tier or starters.

I don't care about muh ethics honestly
Vegetarian diets are not environmentally sustainable unless you want to kill off 3/4 of eat the population organic and self sustained farming does way more.
No argument there also don't forget religious reasons

>unless you want to kill off 3/4 of eat the population organic and self sustained farming does way more.
you tried to sound smart but just couldnt

You are the stupidest fucking cunt. No individual vegetable has everything you need and vegetables are just as capable of making you sick as meat.

There is no argument here , vegetarian diet is not a sustainable one deal with it outside of raw whole one.robbwolf.com/2012/05/17/paleo-diet-sustainability-economic-growth/ I made typos thanks to mobile phone and auto correct adding shit doesn't change the argument.
Guys like Joel salatin do way more than any vegan, vegetarian combined.

>So you're a fatass
No, I'm lean, especially for what I lift

>with low self control
No, I simply find it easier.

>that eats processed food
No

>has nothing to do with meat.
That's the point of the thread and the post, yes.

>You can consume lean meats and fish with veg and I guarantee you will feel full.
Nobody said otherwise

>Satay is best as chicken satay
Flat out wrong and ridiculous

>a lot of cultures vegetarian meals are either poverty tier or starters.
Equally wrong and retarded

>I don't care about muh ethics honestly
Going from the fact that literally everything you've said has been idiotic, I'm not surprised, I'm fairly sure you're an edgy 12 year old

>Vegetarian diets are not environmentally sustainable unless you want to kill off 3/4 of eat the population organic and self sustained farming does way more.
This is the stupidest thing you've said so far

>Article includes zero content to support the argument and talks about bio-fuels, agriculture and various other unrelated nonsense to support Paleo instead

Get an education and then top yourself

I was a vegetarian by choice for about 13 years between 6 and 19 because I hated meat. My mum has been a vegetarian for a good 40 years or so, mostly for moral reasons. I don't really know why I became one. So far (a week after starting meat again) I've decided that chicken is gross, pork is pretty gross, and beef is alright. Are there any really delicious meats that I need to try?

Also this. The smell of meat would make me gag, though I seem to be adjusting to a new diet remarkably well.

>No, I'm lean, especially for what I lift
What a sub 100 snatch?
>No, I simply find it easier
>No
>Tends to dissuade eating processed shit and eating like a slob
Dumb faggot.
>That's the point of the thread and the post, yes
Are you stupid this is a continuation from the other sentence why would you take that out?
>You're 12
>stupid
Nice ad hom
>Get an education and then top yourself
The article clearly mentions the shitty carb per acre for grains. Learn to read you fat shmuck.