I'm cooking up some roast vegetables for breakfast. Any tips to make them better? Parboil the carrots? More spices...

I'm cooking up some roast vegetables for breakfast. Any tips to make them better? Parboil the carrots? More spices? Other vegetables? This is what I have so far.

Doing the same later tonight. Got some sweet potatoes, carrots, onion, and garlic, might stop and get some oyster mushrooms or shiitakes to roast with em. Gonna put some goat cheese on it and have some arugula as well. Not sure what to season with besides salt and pepper tho and it's still missing another veggie- maybe a green pepper or something but I'm not sure

I see no need to put anything there apart from salt and pepper. Perhaps some smoked paprika on top of the cheese?

Zucchini, green beans, broccoli or bell peppers for more colour. Some dried herb could be nice with olive oil and roasted potatoes too. I like my stuff crunchy so I wouldn't parboil anything.

bugs...

Try seasoning them with some rosemary, either fresh or ground

Yeah paprika is usually my go to "other" spice. That sounds good with the goat cheese.
Fuck yeah great call, haven't eaten anything yet today at work and can barely use my brain. Thank you

I have two trays going in the oven, this one with some chunks of bacon fat and the other with rosemary

Get rid of the crappy vegetables and just do potatoes. You know that's what everyone wants. If you get rid of the filler junk, you have a better chance of making GOOD potatoes. Focus on that.

easy

>random tomato

Enjoy your non-roasted, boiled vegetables.

on

The

Cum

roasted veggies are great

Wish I knew how to roast vegetables. Someone give me some tips.

Roast vegetables

Needs to be well oiled or cooked in animal drippings. It'll burn without it. Test with fork to see if it's tender.

Sorry, but... What is "Tender?"
All veg seem kind of tender to me in their natural state, excepting hard root veggies.
How does one tell the veg is "tender?"

You can roast tomatoes, user. They dry out.

>Peeling carrots

stick a fork in it
if it goes in easily and comes out clean without any issues, it's tender

Do carrots actually help your eyes? I know the night vision thing is just WW2 propaganda to hide advances in radar technology

Roasted these the other day; potato, tomato, onion, eggplant, and zucchini with garlic, parsley, olive oil, salt & pepper. 400 for 40 minutes or so (since I loaded them deep as opposed to my standard single spread out layer). They were delicious!
*overcooking a bit is fine when roasting veggies imo. If anything the crispy edges and caramelization is a plus

Finished

what's the best way to prevent vitamin lost when preparing vegetables ?

Eaten raw or lightly steamed.

>lightly steamed
like 5 minutes or so ?

reminder 5 minutes is 05:00 in microwave time