rubbish

*audible cymbals*

is it just me or is this guy not a good chef

youtu.be/SFtLvkqHIds

What makes you say that?

double damn...

you need to take a step back son

youtube.com/watch?v=iM_KMYulI_s

This is a recent video of him making burgers. He is nervous throughout the whole thing, uncomfortable cooking, makes terrible choices with the food...

>grilled onion on burger
>only mayonnaise as sauce on a burger
>using cheddar instead of american
>burgers utterly overcooked, basically black on the surface so its guaranteed they are well done all the way through

>"can't season the burger after cooking"
>seasons burger after cooking

>>using cheddar instead of american

you were doing so good with your bait until here. too obvious 6/10

ham...

>using cheddar instead of american
This is not a bad thing, plebeius.

OK so even if I concede that, theres much worse shit in there.
Using olive oil on the burger? wut?
Cooking it till its basically charcoal?
using one pan to prepare everything including raw meat?
Telling us not to season when its on the grill, and then seasoning it on the grill like 2 minutes later?
Using literally only mayonnaise and nothing else?

this

Kek

why would you ever not want grilled onion on a burger?

I just find the flavour utterly overrated for mixing. I love onions, done pretty much any way. But not on top of meat and bun. The flavours are all too similar.
I would go for raw red onion for the exact opposite reason Gordon says - he says it's too strong and acidic, I say that's what helps the overall flavour of the burger.
Also, cold raw onion gives a bit more crunch to a burger.

Also why the fuck does he put the tomato on the bottom of the burger? weird choice

even failing all that, mayo only on a burger? wat?

here is a much better burger tutorial
youtube.com/watch?v=gZuDMKXWU_E

Only mayonnaise is fine, too.

>Gordon says - he says it's too strong and acidic, I say that's what helps the overall flavour of the burger.
>Also, cold raw onion gives a bit more crunch to a burger.
this guy knows what he's talking about.

I think grilled or raw onions are equally good on a burger

I don't at all have a problem with mayonnaise or mayo on burgers.
But I think using ONLY mayo as the sole sauce on the burger, when you have 3 layers of the shit, is too much. I just imagine it drowning in mayonnaise taste. Get some ketchup and some mustard in there for crying out loud.

Opinions, to be fair. It's subjective, but in my view he makes some pretty shit decisions in that video, and acts like he's the king of making burgers or something. Wut. His patty is basically a lump of coal when he gets it into the bun.

thanks bru
I fucking love burgers what can I say

I'm not disagreeing with your overall point, just with the small things I don't have a problem with. I like raw onion on a burger, but grilled can be good too. Sometimes I'm fine with just mayo on a burger, especially if it's got mushrooms on it.

Yeah thats fair
I enjoy a more complex flavour on a burger I guess.
Going with only 'white' flavours on a dish that will take plenty of acids or fruity tastes seems a waste.

also, WHERE are the DAMN PICKLES? I love a pickle or ten on a burger

Alton Brown had a burger episode on Good Eats, where he recommended trying just mayo and black pepper. The mayo mixes with the burger juice for max beefy flavor. I've tried it and I like it, but I like a couple thin tomato slices to help cut through the richness.

Doesn't he have two Michelin stars?

would you eat at a fucking two star restaurant for the amount of money that they charge?

>His restaurants have been awarded 16 Michelin stars in total. His signature restaurant, Restaurant Gordon Ramsay in Chelsea, London, has held three Michelin stars since 2001

b-but he's not a REAL chef

Two Michelin star restaurants are great senpai. It's not some shitty customer rating on yelp.

>American posts

You're so fucking retarded dude