Puerto Rican food

I just had what I guess was my first taste of Puerto Rican food, from a food truck.

The fried pork chunks ("carne frita") were overly salty, and the plantains were meh... but that rice. Let me tell you, that shit was addictive. It was called "arroz con gandules" and I could have eaten three helpings. All this was $7 which I consider pretty good pricing for a food truck.

Ever have this stuff? Other Puerto Rican foods you like?

>The fried pork chunks ("carne frita") were overly salty
must've been all of that sea water

>deep fry everything
>season rice
>get praise

It's so easy selling shit.

Nice.

Oh you think you're real fucking clever, don't you? Guess what, sunshine, we can all tell that this thread is just a thinly veiled attack on God-Emperor Trump for his refusal to coddle the losers in Puerto Rico. Well, HE WON, so get over it.

kys

kys

kys

kys

kys

This isn't funny, it's like reading a cringy reddit comment chain. Your response to this post won't be funny either so don't even think about it.

Has anyone here had Tostones? They sound good.

and americans wonder why everyone hates them

I thought those were deep fried whole frogs at first glance.

kiss

TIL chicken and rice is puerto rican

>Puerto Rican food

A bunch of food that does not even exist in puto rico is puto rican food.

I grew up on rice and beans, rice w/ gandules, alcapurrias and papas rellanas. So fucking delicious.

>arroz con gandules
The trick is cooking the rice on a pork broth, use olive oil, oregano and some olives. That's it.

Caribbean cuisines often have those two ingredients, but the preparation is different depending on each island.

Looks like EXACTLY the same shit they eat for EVERY meal in EVERY Latin American country.

> (You)
> (You)
> (You)
> (You)
>This isn't funny, it's like reading a cringy reddit comment chain. Your response to this post won't be funny either so don't even think about it.
>Has anyone here had Tostones? They sound good.
> (OP)
>and americans wonder why everyone hates them
> (OP)
>I thought those were deep fried whole frogs at first glance.
>
>kiss
> (OP)
>TIL chicken and rice is puerto rican
> (OP)
>>Puerto Rican food
>A bunch of food that does not even exist in puto rico is puto rican food.
>I grew up on rice and beans, rice w/ gandules, alcapurrias and papas rellanas. So fucking delicious.
>>arroz con gandules
>The trick is cooking the rice on a pork broth, use olive oil, oregano and some olives. That's it.
>
>Caribbean cuisines often have those two ingredients, but the preparation is different depending on each island.
> (OP)
>Looks like EXACTLY the same shit they eat for EVERY meal in EVERY Latin American country.
kys

SUAVEMENTE

Finishing a year+ Latin America trip on Monday. Most of what I’ve eaten the whole way down has been fried chicken, rice, and that salty pork (chicharrones)

Apart from *some* good food in Mexico and Peru, Latin America is a food wasteland.

nobody cares, not your blog, kys you retarded whiteboy faggot

>SUAVEMENTE
> (You)
>Finishing a year+ Latin America trip on Monday. Most of what I’ve eaten the whole way down has been fried chicken, rice, and that salty pork (chicharrones)
>Apart from *some* good food in Mexico and Peru, Latin America is a food wasteland.
>
>nobody cares, not your blog, kys you retarded whiteboy faggot
kys

damn that's cringy

Arroz con gandules is one of the best things on earth. There are lots of different versions of seasoned rice, but the cilantro-based Puerto Rican sofrito is what makes the difference.

At some point you should eat a good pernil. Make sure you get some of the cracklings, too. Better than candy. Mofongo is the "famous" PR dish, and that's pretty good too. Pasteles are one of my favorites: it's like a tamale, but the masa is made with local tubers and banana instead of corn, and it's cooked in banana leaf. Alcapurrias are great. A lot of PR food is either fried or stewed. It's not very vegetarian-friendly if you're into that sort of thing. It's really good though.

Tostones are good. They're basically a caribbean version of french fries, only they're made with plantain instead. You can have them plain or dip them in a garlic sauce. Or even ketchup, we don't give a fuck.

Informative post. Thanks! I'll be sure to look for some of what you mentioned when I go back.

for me, it's mofongo. the best puerto rico food

looks like plain old rice and beans to me

What Puerto Rican food?
Thanks Hurricane Maria

Good shit. This was $8 from a deli. Pork was pretty bland, but the chicken and rice were on point

savage bantz

I know this is bait but this is literally the current state of /pol/.

I used to go to /pol/ before this last election cycle and there were interesting and inciteful threads from time to time. Now it's just drumpfcucks, praising whatever orange goo happened to slobber out of his mouth that day. And no, I didn't vote for Shillary.

Try Cuban food it's similar but better.

I don't use his sofrito recipe (everyone uses their mother's), but the Freakin Rican has a pretty dank arroz con gandules. I would recommend it.

I'm half puerto rican, and my grandfather makes the best rice.

hey guys, what did the puerto rican say when he lost his phone?

>where mofongo?

carlos!

Cubans are the masters of coffee too.

>bulldoggo in background
Even he gets it.

Buen provecho

Not the rice, the yellow thing is mofongo. Garlicky mashed plantains stuffed with savory meat, like a 3D shepherds pie

Kek