Cocktail thread

What is a VERY SIMPLE cocktail that I can make with gin? I'm talking things like mixing gin with ice and tonic, or with ginger ale, or with juice. NO LIQUORS OR SYRUPS. I don't have access to either.

gin gimlet.

"gimlet" is my favorite wurd

One bottle of tonic (20ml) 40ml (or more if that is your thing) gin. Loads of ice, three slices of cucumber and a piece of lime. Enjoy

Whisper "vermouth" at a glass of gin, wala you have a martini

>no access to liquors
Put your father's gin back and wait another 3 years, kiddo. You aren't cool for stealing.

Gin and tonic 10/10 don't need any other cocktails

>NO LIQUORS OR SYRUPS.
You can make simple syrup with 1 or 2 parts sugar and 1 part water in a saucepan.

If he were stealing papa's gin he's had access to liqueurs, only old men buy that frou frou shit.

>gin
>grapefruit juice
>soda water

G&T is the best.
Alternatively try a gin rickey. Gin, soda water, and lime.

A gin and tonic is one of the best cocktails ever and all you need is tonic water and ice.

if you have it lying around or have money, adding a splash of pomegranate juice to the gin and tonic is fantastic

>saucepan

you can also make it by just putting water and sugar in a seal-able jar and shaking the fuck out of it for about a minute.

Sounds good

Manhattan

All you need is gin + soda and some fresh citrus.

Gin and sprite is the go to
Pineapple gin and ginger ale is also good
If you cant handle sugar very well, gin and seltzer.

Why would you do that when you could just heat it in a saucepan and let the heat do all the work?

Old fashioned

Whiskey + bitters + sugar

>with gin
Also, whoever thought gin old fashions should be a thing should be shot.

>not sipping a pink gin whilst regaling your comrades with tales from your recent adventures in darkest India

poor form, old chap

and sugar syrup, angostura with a marascino cherry/lime twist

More specifically
1.5oz/45mL Gin
1oz/30mL *FRESH* Lime juice
0.5oz Sugar syrup (1:1)
2 Dash Angostura bitters

Pour straight into a collins/highball glass
Fill with ice
Top with soda
Stir
Garnish with cherry/lime twist

Sub lemon for the lime if you like.

Jaeger and root beer hooooly shite mate

Gin fizz.

But honestly, if you know how to make gin tonic you don't need anything else desu

Is it worth to invest in good gin?

I think that you're able to get away with cheaper stuff when it comes to gin, eapecially if you are using it in cocktails

naw.
Gin is the spirit that most benefits from quality.
Invest in Tanquery 10, Star of Bombay and Monkey 47. Fever Tree tonic also important.

Gin Sour
1.5oz simple syrup (0.75oz water, 0.75oz sugar)
1.5oz lemon juice
4oz gin

London Mule:
>2oz gin

>3/4 oz lime juice
>Shake (if you have nothing to shake with, just stir vigorously)
>Stir in 4oz ginger beer
>Express lime peel (cut a wheel out of the rind of a lime, run the inside part along the rim of the glass, and drop it in)

Starting a barteding job tomorrow, wish me luck, Veeky Forums

Anything I can do with a bottle of vermouth? I have a fuckton of it but not of any other drink.

Make me an LIT properly and you get to keep your job.

4 parts vermouth, 2 parts club soda, ice and a lemon and drink.

Not great but it can be drinkable.

Most alcohol can be passable if youre desperate enough.

FUCK

I just got back from the grocery store and realized I didn't buy any limes for my gin

FUCK

dry or sweet? If dry buy some gin and make wet martinis. If sweet buy some rye whiskey and make manhattens

Pour around 6 shots of gin into a small glass then put around 3 or 4 shots of ginger ale in then slam it back

the small amount of ginger ale is enough to stop the gin from burning your throat. It's a very pleasant way to get shit faced with minimal effort after work

Gin and sweet and sour mix. Plus Cointreau, but your rules.
Gin and blue frost Gatorade. Gin and red bull and blue frost Gatorade.

Dr pepper man, it's fucking perfect.

Not that guy, but I have the same quandary. Mine is a bottle of dry vermouth. The stuff is not great to drink on its own, so martinis are the only thing you can do with it. I only drink them occasionally though, so I have a bottle that's at least half-full and it's 2 months old already.

I figure it might be better to get a sweet vermouth and just make sweet martinis + drink it on its own.

haaaaaaaaaaaaa! thanksgiving is coming up.

This all the way I haven't had tanquery 10 but star of Bombay is fantastic. Also i would recommend Ungava if they sell it near you it is made in Canada and is a weird yellow color shit tastes almost as good as Star of Bombay for a way lower price.

Gin, Cloudy apple juice, cold black tea and some crushed raspberries.
You're welcome.