Best knife under $40?

Best knife under $40?

Cut the bread with your big penis.

frogposters should be autobanned

your pic, probably

kiwi if your sharpening game is strong

KIWIs are pretty good. Also, the IKEA 365+ all stainless steel chef's knife.

Does a machete count as a knife?

Sure, and it's meant to cut plants, so it's on topic.

no reason tom meme, either a Dexter 8" or pi related.

t. professional and better cook than you could ever be

>professional and better cook than you could ever be
>a Dexter 8"
>8"
>8

>he fell for the 10'' knife meme

no. victorinox used to be best but the price has spiked

shut the fuck up

That handle looks comfy.

I've got some old entry level Zwillings here that have great handles, but they don't seem to make these anymore. I'm not so crazy about the steel though, it brittle and doesn't hold an edge well either, so that's maybe why they stopped making them, not sure. The handle and feel alone keeps me going back to them, I don't mind having to sharpen them often.

>one dude

Zwillings J.A. Henckels has two dudes in the logo.

J.A. Henckels International, their budget line for Walmart, only has one dude in the logo.

You have the budget line knife. That's why the metal is so shit.

Mercer Culinary makes some good knives at that price. There's 3 lower priced series they make, Ultimate White, Praxis, and Millenia.

Wtf, I never knew that. I thought that was one and the same company. Even searching for Henckels drops me off at the Zwilling site. That explains a lot though.

Still love that handle. Wish they used them on better knives. Victorninox gets praise for their great handle, but I'd prefer this one if it had some better steel on it.

Picked this one up for $30.. It's been a fantastic knife.

I managed to get a set of their budget line for ten bucks at a goodwill once. they worked pretty good. unfortunately lost them when my car got repoed

Someone once told me that the Henckels with 2 guys was better but they never said why and I wasn't sure if they where memeing or not. Now after 7 years I know why.

>dat almost non-existent bevel

they don't make knives as thin as that anymore, because people no longer know how to handle a proper delicate thin chef's knife. Modern knives are thick as shit at the edge and they cut through hard produce like a fucking chisel

shut the fuck up

Honestly, that's one of the reasons why I like these cheap oldies of mine. I've even got one of those 2^10 folded vg-10 meme knives and while it is sharp as fuck and looks and feels good in the hand, its heavier weight and thickness annoys me, so I only grab it when I really need the sharp edge.

*Not saying I can't shave my arm with the Henckels, but they're just not comparable.

Yup, I have got two older F. Dicks and the difference is night and day. Wayyy better geometry.

I must admit that the modern thicker knives will give a better result after professional thinning though, because the thicker material leaves more "meat" for a convex bladeface that reduces stiction immensely. But of course that is something only the real aficionados will have done, or even know about. Fewer than 1% of knife users would be my guess, and probably not even 0,1%.