Favorite
1. pappardelle
2. rigatoni
3. conchiglie

Least favorite
1. spaghetti
2. capellini
3. orzo

Favourite penne because it has texture but cooks evenly. Least favourite is spaghetti because it’s bland and a pain to eat.

favorite
angel hair
cavatappi or penne
wagon wheels

least favorite
bowties
spaghetti
small pastas like orzo and pastina (except ditalini)

Angel hair just has a better texture than other noodles because you get more individual noodles together with each bite. Wagon wheels are the best for mac and cheese, and cavatappi/penne are best for other creamy sauces.

Bowties never cook properly, they're either hard at the center or overcooked at the edges. Spaghetti's texture isn't as good as angel hair. Small pasta shapes just seem to slide around my mouth and you can't get a good bite/chew on it, almost makes me feel like gagging sometimes.

wagon wheels were a childhood favorite of mine
always used to boil em and use that pre-jarred sauce you'd get at the grocery

cant find many uses for them nowadays though

I love ribbon-type pastas: pappardelle, tagliatelle, etc.
I also really like campanelle, which functions similarly to farfalle but actually cooks evenly.
And spaghetti. There's nothing more comfy than a nice bowl of garlic-oil spaghetti.

Least favorite:
Farfalle: fuck this shit, it doesn't cook right.
Angel hair: that shit's for soups, not pasta dishes
Elbow macaroni: what is this shit even for? It's not even very good for mac & cheese.

I can't really find them in stores too much anymore, think they weren't that popular because people thought they were for children. But if I find them I only use them for mac and cheese, they're better than pretty much every pasta shape because the multiple openings get filled with cheese sauce, it's better for that than any other pasta shape.

i see them all the time in ralphs and such

Favorite:
1. Tagliatelle (versatile)
2. Bucatini (dense)
3. Cavatappi / Rigatoni (tie)

Least:
1. Angel Hair (too thin)
2. Penne (overused by retards)
3. Manicotti (stupid)

What's the issue with manicotti?

I'll try to remember to look for them if I'm near another store then. Last time I saw them was in some Italian gourmet store that had them at 4x the price of every other pasta.

Favorite
1. lasagne
2. penne
3. elbow

Least favorite
1. spaghetti

Possibly unpopular opinion (on the internet!?)

Favorite
1. Tortellini
2. Farfalle
3. Egg Noodles.

Least
1. Pinwheels
2. Macaroni
3. Alphabet/shape pasta of any kind.

I'm just not a fan of the format. Big logs of cheese or meat paste wrapped in a noodle.. Basically an Italian burrito. To me ravioli is the preferred pasta for stuffing

I was recently at my local italian store and got a few packages of pappardelle, not bad pricing for imported italian either. $3.50

Favorite
Pappardelle
Spaghetti
Orecchettie

Least Favorite
Cavatappi
Angel Hair
Ziti

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Best:
Spaghetti
Rigatoni
Vermicelli

Worst:
Elbow Macaroni
Bow Tie
Fusili

Favourite

1. Fagottini
2. Ravioli (especially with mushrooms
3. Orecchiette