Person doesnt like 1 or 2 foods

>Person doesnt like 1 or 2 foods

>LOL PICKY EATER, WHY DONT YOU JUST EAT ANYTHING?? YOU DONT LIKE EATING SHIT BRO, ARE YOU KID??

Hi user, it appears to me like you are a picky eater who claims to only not like one or two foods when you really mean that you only eat one or two foods. Thanks for the attempt!

As another picky eater, I don't see why you should be so sensitive about it.

I hate raw tomato in sandwiches and burgers but love it prepared almost any other way

sorry dude I don't like pears.

t. picky eater child

DONT YOU DARE EVER TALK TO ME OR MY WIFE'S SON AGAIN

I am a very picky eater. I don't mind when people are curious about why I won't eat X or I refuse to eat Y except for certain cases. Hey, I know my eating habits are weird, I'm not gonna pretend it's normal.

But HOLY SHIT I'm sick and tired of repeating the same conversation about the same food that for some wacky and zany reason I still won't eat. And it's not even in situations where I'd be hosted by those people, at least then I'd have understood they were miffed they had to make something for me specifically. But no, it's always when we eat out either at my place or someplace else.

I GET IT, WE'VE BEEN THROUGH THIS DOZENS AND DOZENS OF TIMES, I GET THAT YOU FIND MY TASTES WEIRD

people only say this if it's stupid, like something everyone eats, and if it inconveniences someone else.

who are you friends with that says shit like this?

what don't you like user?

I don't think you're a picky eater if you are willing to at least try new foods.
Everyone has their preferences and their likes/dislikes.

I will never order fish over meat.
I will never order or choose to eat eggs as a main dish.
I order lean cuts of meat because I don't care for animal fats.

But I love olives, fungus, pickled anything, brussel sprouts and many other things picky eaters are generally known for disliking.

So much this.

What's even worse is when people try to sneak foods that they know you don't like in stuff.

Haha you need to justify yourself to other people? what a fucking kid haha lmao, why don't you eat your veggies instead

Have you tried growing up?

You guys are a bunch of faggots. I have ingredients I don't particularly like, but deciding to culinarilly stonewall yourself makes you seem like a petulant child.

I always thought I was one of those people who were genetically inclined to hate cilantro, yet I kept persevering and now like things like pico de gaillo and pho. It's worth putting yourself outside your comfort zone, and becoming a stubborn nail is tiring as fuck for someone who goes through the effort to make food for you.

I understand how that post may have read to you, but I do frequently try things that I've tried before prepared different ways. I don't immediately go "ewww [x] I won't eat that" or anything. It's just when insufferable cunts who cannot fathom the fact that someone might not like something that they like constantly question you about it [as user pointed out], and after doing so go on to hide whatever the ingredient may be in something just to get in your face and say "SEE? YOU DO LIKE IT!!" when you tell them that it's good because you don't want to offend them by insulting their cooking. I'm glad that you haven't met any of these types, but they do exist.

I think somebody said you have to try a food at least 5 times on separate occasions to really know if you don't like it or if it was just overwhelming you at first. Sounds about right, the first time I ever tried a curry I liked it but it was just so different that it was so different from most food I had before that I had to keep examining every flavor in it.

I don't like fish and white rice though. It's mostly a texture thing. I don't like the flaky texture of fish or that white rice is just a little ball of starch with no texture to it. I like shellfish and brown rice though.

>Tomatoes
>Sweet potatoes
>Mangoes
>Peaches
>Cooked vegetables except for corn, potatoes and green beans
>Any Mexican food
>Fish
>Eggs
>Mayo
I cannot stomach these, how much of a manchild am I?

Yeah, you're right about that. A person who would do that sounds a bit obnoxious, but at the same time there are a far larger majority of people who would say something like, "I don't like onions," yet would mow down marinara-doused pizza and spaghetti.

Honestly, I don't know how you could even have that opinion. Seared salmon on white rice with some gingery mango pickapeppa sauce is one of the simplest great meals around. Maybe you are cooking wrongly-made rice, because it should always have have a little bit of chew and "squeakiness," to its kernel.

>tfw dont like most chicken
wew lad

>>Eggs
What the fuck, get off this board.

You're literally 6 years old

I can only eat omelets, and I can eat stuff with eggs in them, like cakes and whatever, but soft boiled eggs and stuff are just way too strong for me. Sometimes I can do scrambled eggs.

My problem is that I was raised on actual quality foods and I enjoy stuff that most people I know have never tried, but I am expected to enjoy every damn country bumpkin classic where I live.
For instance
Most people I know have never eaten even what I consider common foods like Lobster or my favorite being steamed Mussels but they loose their fucking mind when I say I don't like spaghetti or pizza. Not because I don't like it mind you, but because its the type of shit I would get for school lunch, not look forward to going out and eating.

I never really heard of Picky Eating until I started living in America. I grew up in Laos and kids would eat the same thing as adults. You either eat or you starve. If you go to a restaurant you eat things as they are on the menu. Pikcy Eating and custom ordering meals at restaurants was a culture shock to me. I still don't quite understand picky eating. I have preferences too, but I'm not going to outright refuse a food or pick out ingredients from a sandwich. I feel like chefs know how to balance every ingredient to make the food taste passable. I'm not to hate on a $10 sandwich from a fancy restaurant just because it has tomato. Maybe this tomato will be different from all the tomatoes I hated!

lobster is the biggest fucking meme ever

I can't eat tripe, heart, or other organs besides liver. That shits gross.

I don't agree with the other guy but when it comes to sneaking unwanted ingredients into someones food I think that's pretty fucked. I was a picky eater as a kid and grew by myself exploring different things and I always give foods I didn't like one time a day in court every once in awhile. I still don't like mushrooms that much but I still order things with them and eat it to find out if maybe i'll like them that time.

Something about sneaking unwanted food into dishes is kinda... i dunno... rapey. Sneaking bacon into a observant jews dish sounds really fucked up to me. My neighbor is jewish and we do shabbat together on fridays sometimes. It's lovely. Cooking and eating together is super fun.

Lobster is the fucking shit,grill them and drizzle hot butter over those bastards.

I like you

I find tomatoes, peaches, apricots absolutely disgusting. To make things weirder, I don't mind a tomato slice inside a burger as long as it's not too thick, and I have no problem using tomato sauce in whatever I'm eating.

There are plenty more things I won't eat, but these 3 absolutely disgust me, even touching them make me uncomfortable despite knowing that it doesn't make any sense.

My post isn't about how my pickyness makes sense or not, it's about people repeatedly acting like it's the first time they heard you don't like to eat something and pestering you with the same tired arguments over and over and over again. It's like talking to someone who doesn't like a certain genre of music and constantly pester him about it like you're a senile old man that completely forgets the previous 134535 conversations you had on this matter with the guy.

FPBP

Another way to detect these people is when they say shit that betrays their cheap, picky, walmart-tier eating standards

>normal food
>specialty cheese
>real {pretty much anything food related}
>artisan bread
>craft beer
>is it spicy? I don't like it too spicy
>homemade {extremely common easy thing}

Asian lesbian incest not related, but it should be

what else won't you eat? please give a comprehensive list

>hate nearly all vegetables
>occasionally force myself to eat them
>taste disgusting, have to force them down and sometimes they make me gag
I wish I wasn't like this.

The things I'll list here will be from the top of my head, and it'll consist of stuff that I won't refuse to eat if offered but will certainly avoid when making/buying my own food.

Cucumber, cabbage, radish, onion [when raw], bell pepper, chili [I like spicy oil with chili seeds though], all seafood except fish, mustard [only when it's on its own, I don't mind it miked with stuff as long as it's not a lot], raw milk, cream [more particularly, Smetana]. I also really dislike meat boiled in water, fucking boil it in a broth, in sauce, in wine, anything but in just plain water!

>meat boiled in water, fucking boil it in a broth
but user, that is how you make broth.

Further proof that I dislike boiled meat and avoid it as much as possible

>but user, that is how you make broth.
When you cook meat in water you leach the flavor out into the water. The resulting meat is flavorless (but the broth is not).

When you cook meat in broth you do not leach the flavor out in to the water. Instead the broth adds flavor to the meat.

Poaching/braising in water = flavorless shit
Poaching/braising in stock, broth, wine, etc. = adds tons of flavor

>make things weirder, I don't mind a tomato slice inside a burger as long as it's not too thick, and I have no problem using tomato sauce in whatever I'm eating.
It's not at all weird, user, you just have the exact same tastes pretty much everyone did when they were ten.

>My post isn't about how my pickyness makes sense or not, it's about people repeatedly acting like it's the first time they heard you don't like to eat something and pestering you with the same tired arguments over and over and over again.

Did it occur to you that "user doesn't like tomatoes but he doesn't mind tomato slices, so long as it's not too thick" doesn't really go on most people's priority list for things to remember?
It's really a complete inane piece of information, worthless for anyone save your mother or wife, so don't flip out like a sperg if people don't bother to remember it.

I'm not talking just about some random acquaintances, I'm talking about things like close relatives who know me very well. Ironically, close friends don't even know the extent of my eating habits, so I never had this sort of conversation with them.

Same with me. It's quicker for me to name the vegetables that I *will* eat. It's extremely annoying when people say stuff like "I don't understand how you don't like X food, it's delicious". Yeah maybe it is delicious for you, but people experience taste differently. It's not just a case of it tasting slightly unusual or exotic, and me being fussy; it literally tastes vile and makes me retch to put it anywhere near my mouth. Anyone who complains about "fussy eaters" is just lucky enough to have a body that responds well to certain foods, and is unable to comprehend that not everyone is as fortunate as them. Trust me, I would *love* to be able to just order a burger and enjoy eating it straight away, without having to deconstruct the thing to make sure there isn't anything in there that will make me almost vomit on the restaurant floor.

People like you deserve to be executed

>tell people that alcohol is against my religion
>they still drink around me and make foods that contain alcohol

Fucking hate this country, wish my family never emigrated here.

>user is a grown man and is expected to not complain when there are vegetables
OH MY GOD is that BROCCOLI I TOLD YOU I DON'T EAT BROCCOLI ITS SOOOO DISGUSTINGGG

nobody gives a fuck about you or your preferences. grow the fuck up you pathetic piece of shit.

racist

yeah... so?

>Move to country with different culture to yours
>WAHH WHY IS THIS CULTURE SO DIFFERENT

>user I'm allergic to peanuts I can't eat that or I'll die
>BRO IT'S ALL IN YOUR HEAD YOU'RE JUST A PICKY EATER JUST GET OVER IT HERE
>user stop shoving it into my mouth I'mdying call 9/11

>incest
>not related

Grilled, eh? I almost always go steamed as I like a simply prepared lobster much better than a lobster "dish". Do you knife 'em or just slam the grill's lid down over those suckers?

>responding to obvious b8
lurk moar

>as if this isn't bait
posting bait and responding to bait is the essence of the 4chins. fuck off you plebbitor

You sound like a pretentious faggot.
>Pizza? Good heavens, how barbaric. You expect me to eat the food of the PEASANTRY?!

my 14 year old cousin comes over to our house for thanksgiving every year and eats a bowl of buttered noodles plain with just salt. i find it so god damn annoying

This
>my brother is a very picky eater
>I eat almost anything
>except eggplant
>I've told my mom whenever there's an eggplant dish and she asks me why I'm not eating it
>still has the audacity to call me picky
>when my brother is literally only eating mashed potatoes and onion rings

>ME OR MY WIFE'S SON
>MY WIFE'S SON

I lost. I could just hear some cucked out nu-male shrieking this at someone that made a factually correct statement.

>Man: there's nothing wrong with eating meat, little dude.
>Wife's son: really?
>Cucked out Nu-male: DON'T YOU DARE!!!!

this.

>Asian lesbian incest not related
Is there a code?

Me: I don't eat chicken.
Everyone: WHAT?! HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY NOT LIKE CHICKEN?!

Vegan: I don't eat anything containing animal products.
Everyone: Yeah, ok. You're a vegan.

Why is it so hard for people to understand picky eaters?

>things that never happened nor have come close to happening unless you hang out with 7 year olds or people legitimately diagnosed with downs

most non vegans/hippies think vegans are generally cunts too. also one is (most of the time) a (retarded) belief/moral and the other is you not liking something for pretty much no reason. chicken? really faggot?

>TFW fucking hate Green Peas

I truley loathe them, the taste, texture, scent, and look of them are fucking revolting. Yet everyone loves them and gives me weird looks for not liking them. No I dont want your nasty little wrinkly green balls.

Its the only food that makes me want to vomit, there is other stuff I can take or leave, but nothing on the level of peas.

The only food I can think of that I outright do not like is raw tomatoes, just because I hate the water-balloon texture. They're fine on burgers and in sauces, though, but I hate them by themselves and I don't like them on cold sandwiches.

you motherfucker, peas are great

Green peas are disgusting

The texture turns to stringy mush as you chew. It bothers me. Steak tastes better and the texture is not as bad, but I always prefer ground meat or sandwich cut meat.

I can't even stand to be around this stuff. I think if I were given a choice to either drink a bit of vinegar before and after every meal or amputate a foot, I'd pick up a saw and kiss my toesies goodbye.

>picky eater claims to not like ingredient
>eats food that contains said ingredient
>praises food as being very tasty ^>^
>user tells picky eater "you know you just ate a thing that you claim to hate"
>picky eater still claims to hate same ingredient

do you see how pants-on-head retarded that sounds? If you consume something you claim to hate, and then offer praise for that thing, you weaken your claim that you actually hate it. It also exposes you as the sperglord, manchild you are, since evidence shows that you don't actually dislike what you claimed to "hate" all that much.

Lurk moar, newfag

>If you consume something you claim to hate, and then offer praise for that thing, you weaken your claim that you actually hate it.
He literally said he didn't like it but said he did to be polite. You completely ignored that. Why did you do this? It's completely unreasonable and totally out of line. I think you have some serious issues.

>it literally tastes vile and makes me retch to put it anywhere near my mouth.

bullshit. that's a psychosomatic response that is learned and can be unlearned. Your body is the same as the other 7 billion humans around you. At some point in your life, you decided that some foods were "tasty" and others were "vile." Instead of prioritizing what you eat based on nutritional value, you decided that taste was top priority. You decided never to eat "yucky" foods again, and simply forgot that literally everyone's taste buds change over time.

In a blinded taste test, you would probably find that foods you used to think were "vile" are actually fine. But since you've trained your body to gag when offered vegetables, it's probably easier for you to just kill yourself. You'll be doing everyone a favor anyway. Please make the responsible choice.

racism is a mental disorder.

>loose
>doesn't like spaghetti or pizza
Faggot

>He literally said he didn't like it
false. why are you lying about something so easily verified by scrolling up?

>said he [liked it] to be polite
And that's my point. If Picky Pete said he liked something, then people might just believe he like it since, you know, HE MADE A STATEMENT THAT SAID HE LIKE IT. If that statement was untrue, then it should not have been said. Irregardless, making that statement, even if it's a lie, provides evidence to everyone that observed it that Picky Pete actually doesn't mind an ingredient he claimed to hate. How is this so hard for you to understand?

I've lurking since 2001, junior. Get on my level.

excellent post
complete with "cucked" and "nu-male"

I meant that he told us that he didn't like it by saying that he only told them to be polite, insinuating to us that he didn't actually like it. I apologize for wording it in a way that was confusing.

By the way I was just taking the piss with the overreactions, I feel kind of bad now that you might think I was being serious.

>racism is a mental disorder
What? Racism doesn't exist today, not liking blacks doesn't make you a racist, calling a black a nigger is not a racist thing to do. Saying that all whites are better than all blacks is racist. Making fun of true stereotypes is not racist.

So stop complaining you stupid Islamic monkey, no one gives a fuck about you not being able to have one of the greatest things about life.
>I can't have it so no one can!
Are you a fucking child? Grow up and realize the world is not about you.

An omelette is just scrambled egg with other stuff in it though...

I make manchildren weep when I bite my tomatoes like luscious apples.

>most non vegans/hippies think vegans are generally cunts too
Funny, I don't remember picky eaters being preachy SJWs about their eating habits.

First day on Veeky Forums, huh? Maybe check out /pol/, its probably more your speed.

>I don't mind when people are curious about why I won't eat

You don't mind? That's cute. Actually I bet it's the whole reason for making a fuss about it in the first place, jerk.

Try just a slice of tomato with salt and pepper on toast. One of my favorite snacks. Its amazing how big of a difference simple seasonings can make.

>>>/reddit/
You have to go back.

You must be 18 or older to post here.

>foaming at the mouth this hard over a blatant shitpost

Calm down bud

There's not many foods I hate, but fuck eggplants. I've tried them so many times in different dishes and they just disgust me.

My family used to really piss me off with this
>user doesn't like any vegetables
>you're such a picky eater, user
I cook for myself now and never struggle to incorporate veggies in my meals

But god forbid someone doesn't like brussel sprouts or doesn't find shitty, bland potato-cabbage mash exciting

If I don't like some food..

I STILL FUCKING EAT IT.

You spoiled brat.

>raw tomatoes
>water-balloon texture
Aww, man, I live in a country with shit-tier tomatoes, too. That doesn't mean all tomatoes are shit.

“I eat turds even though I dont like them, Im such an adult”

Jesus christ, way to broadcast "HI GUYS I JUST FOUND THIS SITE ON REDDIT"

I can name about three things I don't like, but I don't completely avoid eating them.

Artichokes, sweet potatoes, and beets. But I'll still eat things that they're in.

Then you have actual picky eaters who are like "BUT BRUSSEL SPROUTS ARE GROSS WAHHH OMG I'M GAGGING JUST SMELLING THEM"

Man the fuck up. PS brussel sprouts are great, especially fried in some butter or cooked with some bacon.

Fuck you m8 I vomit whenever I consume Avocado (whether I know it or not) and being that soccermom superhero that's trying to enlighten me on how avocado is really a superfood crowd pleaser that hubby just can't get enough of only results in you ruining an otherwise okay meal when I immediately vomit after swallowing.

what language is this

Kill yourself, fag kike. Kill yourself and then permanently fuck off back to /utg/ where you came from, dumb kike, bald kike.

Kill yourself, kike.

I feel like I read newfag posts constantly now and it's driving me insane. Please leave my secret club.